What's the single best beat-down we've ever put on a rival? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What's the single best beat-down we've ever put on a rival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
While I considered UMass/Rhody in the 60's and early 70s to be classic rivalries, the BE created many great rivalries - SJU and the jerk Jarvis, GTown and of course Cuse. I never thought BCU as a rival because they were always so bland and colorless. I think Nova considered UConn as a rival more than the other way around.
The most satisfying victory in recent memory has to be for me the win last year vs. Nova in the NCAAs. There was very little spaces of time during that game where I thought UConn was going to lose. What made it sweeter was the crap that the Providence and Cuse fans on their boards were saying how UConn was overrated (even with the seeding!!) and that the AAC was no match for the premier Big East team. I felt we slapped Nova pretty good.

Reaction Score
@ BC 2003
@ UL 2009
vs. Villanova in 96' but it wasn't a blow-out. Felt like one though.

That game vs BCU at Conte Forum in March 2003 was amazing.
HooperScooper, Dogmania and I roadtripped to that one. We got stuck in massive traffic on the Mass Pike and listened to the first 10:00 on BCU radio. The beatdown was on. When we got there the place was rockin’ like Gampel North. It was senior night for Troy Bell. Students were on break. Our seats were pretty much at the top row but some nice old ladies who were BCU fans asked us if we wanted to switch seats with them because they were stuck in a UCONN section. There were MANY UConn sectins that day. So we moved down about 10 rows. The final was 91-54. Ran into Hilton’s dad during halftime. Good times. Also good food and beers after from what I recall.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
If we want to talk current "rivals" I guess we can throw this game into the mix:

'08 demolishing of Cincy

I unfortunately remember this. The first few years in the Big East were brutal. I recall that game was postponed by a day because of snow...I wish it was cancelled all together....

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
THAT is the one!

I think it hit the trifecta for the Cavs.

Lowest points scored in a half--- Lowest points in a game---Worst home loss....?

Something like that

Reaction Score
Any catch this on ESPN. The players picked on UConn's 'dream team' make sense for the most part. I woudl switch Rudy Gay out for Rip Hamilton, though.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/pag...-rivalry-teams-got-use-their-all-best-players

What I am waiting for is the 'Cuse fans to scream that their chief rival in G-Town, not UConn. G-Town was paired with Villanova. I did not know that UCLA has a basketball rivalry with USC though as I can't recall USC ever being good in hoops.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Any catch this on ESPN. The players picked on UConn's 'dream team' make sense for the most part. I woudl switch Rudy Gay out for Rip Hamilton, though.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/pag...-rivalry-teams-got-use-their-all-best-players

What I am waiting for is the 'Cuse fans to scream that their chief rival in G-Town, not UConn. G-Town was paired with Villanova. I did not know that UCLA has a basketball rivalry with USC though as I can't recall USC ever being good in hoops.
Some bizarre lineups there, and it looks like - for a lot of teams - they valued the strength of each player's NBA career over the strength of their college career (or, in the case of picking Jonny Flynn over Sherman Douglas, they valued neither).

Anyway, Donyell's got to start over Cliffy - who was a center in college - and I know I'd pick either Rip or Caron over Rudy. I might pick Burrell, for that matter (no slam on Rudy, who is awesome).

In reality, our best 5-man group is probably this:

PG: 1995-96 Doron
SG: 2010-11 Kemba
SF: 1995-96 Ray
PF: 1993-94 Donyell
C: 2003-04 Emeka

Bazz, Rip, Rudy, Caron, Cliff off the bench. I'd happily go to war with that team against anybody save UCLA and maaaaaaybe UNC.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The 32 point win over NC really stands out for me. That was supposed to be a good game. The 32 point difference in the end did not represent how much we blew them out either. We were up by 50 at one point (or close to) and NC was as defeated of a team as I have ever seen. Good times...

it wasnt our beat down that had the players looking so defeated, it was the fact they had to endure Matt Doherty as their coach. That win gets a big asterisk.

We have always had trouble with Carolina with anyone who could coach. Doherty wasnt fit to be a ball boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom