"What's good for the game is what Dayton did tonight." | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"What's good for the game is what Dayton did tonight."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Could you just imagine what Jim Jabir or Courtney Banghart could achieve with Duke talent?

I think the real question is could Duke? I don't see any signs of them getting rid of McCallie which is too bad for them. At the rate she's going she is going to wreck that program.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I was responding to what I've heard from a variety of different posters. If what you're saying is accurate, then the game STILL couldn't be compared to this one because it was dictated by poor officiating that could have potentially cost the game for Louisville. Either way, it doesn't appear that game compares to this game or at least to the first half of this game which was played cleanly and officiated quite well, letting the players play and without any hacking by either team to stop the FLOW of the game! I didn't realize that you had that strong an opinion on the way THAT game was officiated and more importantly, how THAT game was perceived. I can say that I've seen the Louisville play pretty ugly against the Huskies subsequently so there was very little reason to dispute the accounts by people of a game I had seen virtually next to nothing of. Sorry if you're offended.
No probs, but your continued use of the "mugging" word seemed to me offensive for a game that was just physical like many that a lot of teams have to play, especially when you say that you didn't even watch it. Some fans seem to think WCBB is a "Ladies" game maybe somewhat akin to touch football. It isn't, and Griner herself helped to dispel that notion back in 2010 with one swing that earned her a two-game suspension. She was more than ready for the inside scrapping by 2013.

Fact is, the Cardinals got away with nothing and definitely were made to pay big time by the refs who fouled almost all the Card starters out and basically opened the way for Sims to hold a scoring clinic at the end. The whiny Bears fans who have continued to push the "mugging" fairy tale should just let it go, and certainly the more realistic Baylor fans know that their overconfident coach simply didn't make the right moves, and a fired up Cards team hit their threes in the first half (just like Dayton), kept doing so in the second half (not so much like Dayton), and had a chance for one last shining moment at the end because their opponent couldn't break away (definitely not like Dayton).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom