What we are doing right on offense!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What we are doing right on offense!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great posts to those of you that took the time to share what we are doing good. The purpose of this thread was to let the offense players know we see them working hard and we are behind them. I guess some may or may not look at this board but I am sure their family members do.
To those that choose to point out the deficiencies in the offense, the players are well aware. We also are well aware deleone is a dinosaur but we are stuck with him. Hopefully his system will yield results soon!! Keep up the hard work

Reaction Score
Couple of nice third down conversions especially the one by Smith. Whitmer can run out of the pocket so that is a threat for sure. Less penalties and turnovers than against NC State.

Reaction Score
Great posts to those of you that took the time to share what we are doing good. The purpose of this thread was to let the offense players know we see them working hard and we are behind them. I guess some may or may not look at this board but I am sure their family members do.
To those that choose to point out the deficiencies in the offense, the players are well aware. We also are well aware deleone is a dinosaur but we are stuck with him. Hopefully his system will yield results soon!! Keep up the hard work

well put. Gotta imagine players fams equally as frustrated as others over lack of imagination/creativity & using talent properly. Upward and onward this week in Kalamazoo

Reaction Score

I tend to agree with you here, I think a lot of the stuff that gets written here does find it's way back to those that are either on the field or close to it. That said...

There are way to many EA Sports coaches that think they know what they're doing when it comes to building an offense.

IIt's pretty simple, we need to play a lot faster on offense, and start smashing people with our blocks, the way that our defense is smashing people with their tackles.

You get faster with confidence, and you get confidence by demonstrating that you can perform, and we performed better last week than the week before.

Reaction Score
well put. Gotta imagine players fams equally as frustrated as others over lack of imagination/creativity & using talent properly. Upward and onward this week in Kalamazoo

See - it's this kind of opinion that makes me just think WTF? lack of creativity on offense? why? because they called running plays on first down a dozen times in a row?

Reaction Score
I tend to agree with you here, I think a lot of the stuff that gets written here does find it's way back to those that are either on the field or close to it. That said...

There are way to many EA Sports coaches that think they know what they're doing when it comes to building an offense.

IIt's pretty simple, we need to play a lot faster on offense, and start smashing people with our blocks, the way that our defense is smashing people with their tackles.

You get faster with confidence, and you get confidence by demonstrating that you can perform, and we performed better last week than the week before.
Exacactly the 2010 run to the fiesta bowl was just a team that had great confidence in what they were doing. Maybe sparked by the fourth and one play who knows but that team believed they could run on anyone in the country and they did. This team can do that too.

pj

Reaction Score
Exacactly the 2010 run to the fiesta bowl was just a team that had great confidence in what they were doing. Maybe sparked by the fourth and one play who knows but that team believed they could run on anyone in the country and they did. This team can do that too.

If this team turns into one that can run on anyone in the country, then DeLeone was doing the right thing running 15 of 16 times against Maryland.

If.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Not a big fan of offense I take it, I guess we could be Temple fans?

Reaction Score
Pretty clear that the o-line is making progress. Turnovers are down and I think that if the coaches show some confidence in Whitmer he could develop into a solid winning QB. I think we're deeper than we've shown at RB. That could be a positive or a negative I guess.

Reaction Score
One of the first rules of major college sports (and worse still at the professional level) is if you can't handle the media, news outlets, public opinion criticism then dont't watch TV and don't read papers or other electronic outlets.

The offense thus far has been lousy. Can't sugarcoat it or couch it in "we're making progress bit by bit". We're already a quarter of the way through the season.

So, for the players? If you're gonna be sensitive to criticism, recognize that you control the opportunity to invalidate this criticism. Play better, score more points, throw the ball more accurately, catch the ball more frequently, block more effectively. . . in a word . . . become playmakers.

Having said that, I think that there are more than a few potentially good players on the offense, including the QB. I haven't quit on them yet. But things need to change. The offensive game planning needs to be scraped and reassembled by someone who can demonstrate knowledge of the modern day college football offense. Heck, I'd be willing to bet that the UConn offense would be more potent, more dynamic, and more diverse if HCPP & Dele just let the players call the plays. Draw 'em up in the dirt if need be, but take it out of Dele's hands.

Reaction Score
One of the first rules of major college sports (and worse still at the professional level) is if you can't handle the media, news outlets, public opinion criticism then dont't watch TV and don't read papers or other electronic outlets.

The offense thus far has been lousy. Can't sugarcoat it or couch it in "we're making progress bit by bit". We're already a quarter of the way through the season.

So, for the players? If you're gonna be sensitive to criticism, recognize that you control the opportunity to invalidate this criticism. Play better, score more points, throw the ball more accurately, catch the ball more frequently, block more effectively. . . in a word . . . become playmakers.

Having said that, I think that there are more than a few potentially good players on the offense, including the QB. I haven't quit on them yet. But things need to change. The offensive game planning needs to be scraped and reassembled by someone who can demonstrate knowledge of the modern day college football offense. Heck, I'd be willing to bet that the UConn offense would be more potent, more dynamic, and more diverse if HCPP & Dele just let the players call the plays. Draw 'em up in the dirt if need be, but take it out of Dele's hands.

TDH - isn't that essentially what PP, GD, CW and DB have been saying??

Reaction Score

So you are saying u would quit. Enough said

Reaction Score
TDH - isn't that essentially what PP, GD, CW and DB have been saying??

Sooooo your telling us that PP is gonna take the gameplanning and playcalling out of Dele hands. So there is a chance then! Why this could actually lead to a far more productive offense. They may be on to something.

Reaction Score
Sooooo your telling us that PP is gonna take the gameplanning and playcalling out of Dele hands. So there is a chance then! Why this could actually lead to a far more productive offense. They may be on to something.

That's not what I'm telling you - my sense is you are not referring to the red highlighted comment from your original post regarding the players?

Reaction Score
I don't know of any players that responded in any way to criticism. Is there something I'm not aware of or his he arguing against himself

Reaction Score

HCPP is very loyal to Deleone. Deleone does not trust his players, thinks they are not his recruited players and it shows in his play calling. Didn't Deleone got PP fired from Syracuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom