What was the most upsetting injury in the last 10 years? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What was the most upsetting injury in the last 10 years?

What was the most upsetting injury in the last 10 years?

• Omar Calhoun (2012-2013)

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Ryan Boatright (2014-2015)

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Alterique Gilbert (2016-2017)

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • Alterique Gilbert (2017-2018)

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • Terry Laurier (2017-2018)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Jalen Adams (2018-2019)

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Akok Akok (2019-2020)

Votes: 109 57.4%
  • James Bouknight (2020-2021)

Votes: 51 26.8%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I dont even think itd be that close with UNC. That Uconn team was a steam roller. If Dyson doesnt go down i cant imagine how in the world we lose to either of those teams and i lean toward us winning pretty handily.
I agree with you but i worded it like that because some people here think that a 6’9” Hansboro would have a dominated 7’3” BE DPOY and I didn’t want to have that argument. (Probably same people that think Drew Timme would have had no trouble against Okafor lmao)

Reaction Score
Pitt had our number that year but felt fairly confident against everyone else
They did beat us twice without Dyson. Pitt wasnt better they were just lucky as they got to face us both times without him. They dont beat us in either of those games if Dyson doesnt go down. They had a tough time beating us without him.

Reaction Score
I agree with you but i worded it like that because some people here think that a 6’9” Hansboro would have a dominated 7’3” BE DPOY and I didn’t want to have that argument. (Probably same people that think Drew Timme would have had no trouble against Okafor lmao)
Hansborough was going to have a long night against HT. Just a bad matchup. People forget just how dominant a defender HT was.

Reaction Score
They couldn’t manhandle a bunch of nobodies on msu.

There’s were literally national news articles written aboht how badly Morgan was playing for mich st and he absolutely had his way with that front court.

I will ignore the hometown bs of Walton not being the only one to get a t or be ejected for trying to start a fight, but to be confident after that game against unc’s frontcourt is a tough sell for me

Say what you want but UConn’s front court of Thabeet/Adrien/Sticks still had a better game than theirs.

I’d take them all day long against UNC

Reaction Score
Last 10 years so Dyson isnt eligible.
I voted for Al's first here but his trials started before he got to campus

Reaction Score
Say what you want but UConn’s front court of Thabeet/Adrien/Sticks still had a better game than theirs.

I’d take them all day long against UNC
If sticks had a jump shot we still problably cut the nets down without Dyson. That frontline was load to deal with.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gilbert's first injury sucked, when he got injured the second time, despair. I don't think people remember how terrible it felt to lose him for a second year in a row, so many high expectations after that Oregon game.

Reaction Score
Yeah none of those injuries really resonate with me as much as the Dyson injury... I mean we may have gotten whacked in the championship game? MAYBE.... but we would have beaten Michigan State!

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Dyson but since that is not on the list due to being more than 10 years I ago...Omar Calhoun or the Alterique injuries. Neither of them returned to be remotely the player they were before the injury. Omar was on the verge of breaking out before the hip injury.

Reaction Score
Tyler Polley 19-20. Just when it seemed the lights had come on and Tyler would be a comlete player. Boom, he gets hurt in practice and is out for the year.
I never understood why people got so hung up on a good performance against the AAC’s bottom feeder at Gampel. If Brimah had gotten hurt in practice after dropping 40 against arguably the worst program in the country at the time would the take away have been “the lights had come on and Amidah would be a dominant shaq-like figure”. Obviously I wish no UConn players got hurt ever but if Polley played the next game odds are he would have had a trademark 0 rebound performance

Reaction Score
Yes, JD would be my pick. With him we make it to the Final Four Championship game that year.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I voted Akok. His injury set the team back for the entire year, and set him back maybe years. Plus it was painful to watch and couldn't have happened to a better kid. That Memphis game was fun though.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Definitely Dyson. Our team had everything that year and he was our best scorer/creator and perimeter defender. He would've been huge in that track meet against MSU. We could've definitely went toe to toe with UNC. A backcourt of Price, Dyson, Kemba, and Austrie just sounds lethal for the tournament.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I never understood why people got so hung up on a good performance against the AAC’s bottom feeder at Gampel. If Brimah had gotten hurt in practice after dropping 40 against arguably the worst program in the country at the time would the take away have been “the lights had come on and Amidah would be a dominant shaq-like figure”. Obviously I wish no UConn players got hurt ever but if Polley played the next game odds are he would have had a trademark 0 rebound performance
The closeout of your final sentence reads like an unforced error. Then again, it followed up on an awkward Brimah-Shaq comp.

I believe that you wish for no injuries, but with writing like that, I think you flatter yourself by writing "obviously."

Reaction Score
Dyson was huge. AJ Price (although further back) was brutal - for me. That kid was so good in HS before the neurological event - IMO. Never the same - like all neurological events.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I was looking back to some old tape after I saw the poll

I had forgotten how great Boat was on the drive, pull up jumpers and bombs from deep. Talk about textbook finishing at the rim. All with that blazing speed.

If you feel like reminiscing here is his senior tape and his play down the stretch for the championship against Kentucky after getting hurt.

2014 against Kentucky

Senior tape 2014-2015

Reaction Score
I was looking back to some old tape after I saw the poll

I had forgotten how great Boat was on the drive, pull up jumpers and bombs from deep. Talk about textbook finishing at the rim. All with that blazing speed.

If you feel like reminiscing here is his senior tape and his play down the stretch for the championship against Kentucky after getting hurt.

2014 against Kentucky

Senior tape 2014-2015

He was definitely one of my favorite guards at UConn, I think he could of made it to the NBA if he were taller and didn’t have to sit out during his freshmen year. He seemed like the heir to Walker’s throne but Shabazz was just a harder worker

But he still was an inconsistent shooter during clutch moments, that’s something you can’t really teach unfortunately. Still an incredible player who deserves more praise

This video explains his flaws a bit better

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He was definitely one of my favorite guards at UConn, I think he could of made it to the NBA if he were taller and didn’t have to sit out during his freshmen year. He seemed like the heir to Walker’s throne but Shabazz was just a harder worker

But he still was an inconsistent shooter during clutch moments, that’s something you can’t really teach unfortunately. Still an incredible player who deserves more praise

This video explains his flaws a bit better
I think the best summary of his talent was that of a scorer and not as a point guard. Unfortunately for him he could not make it as a 5-11 number 2 shooting guard in the league. I remember him saying he was thinking of going pro after his sophomore year and wondering how he could even imagine doing that. He was one of the most competitive players I remember at Uconn at both ends of the floor and that kind of character will always serve him well in life. He had an uncle that was quite a mentor to him and trainer. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in coaching and working with youth (college or pro) down the road.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom