What the heck does it mean | The Boneyard

What the heck does it mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
when I post a comment on Dez's blog and it is under "consideration for moderation"? What the heck is going on with freedom of speech? It was not that bad a comment.

Reaction Score
Des screens all the comments before they get posted, has nothing to do with yours personally.

Since its the Hartford Courant they have to protect against people potentially saying something completely obscene, or slanderous, that could cause unneccessary rumors.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I'm guessing it means they review comments before they are posted and yours hasn't been reviewed yet. Dez is free to accept or reject comments based on whatever criteria he wants. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

Reaction Score
It means he disagrees with you, and he thinks Freedom of Speech is for the press and those who agree with his august opinions.

Reaction Score
Hey IbleedHuskyBlue, I ran into your father last weekend.. I was out at a grocery store in the Ellington/Rockville/Vernon area and I was wearing a Uconn sweatshirt and we got to talking, about the program, coaches players ect ect.. he asked if I knew of the Boneyard and was on it.. he said u lived in North Carolina, and even inbetween NCST, DUKE and UNC u wear your Husky gear Proudly.... LOL that, that was Funny....

Reaction Score
What the heck is going on with freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can write whatever you want on a website owned by someone else.

If you've read some comment threads on websites, there are some hateful mofos out there. And media companies generally don't like having their brands associated with racist, homophobic, slanderous, or controversial material which does not represent their position or reflect well upon them.

Reaction Score
Hey IbleedHuskyBlue, I ran into your father last weekend.. I was out at a grocery store in the Ellington/Rockville/Vernon area and I was wearing a Uconn sweatshirt and we got to talking, about the program, coaches players ect ect.. he asked if I knew of the Boneyard and was on it.. he said u lived in North Carolina, and even inbetween NCST, DUKE and UNC u wear your Husky gear Proudly.... LOL that, that was Funny....

yes....its very much like my father to strike up a LONG conversation with someone he's never met. And he Loves grocery stores...so that's not surprising either :)

I have 3 colors in my closet. Blue, white, and gray. As i mentioned in another thread, my wife yells at me every day to grow up and stop wearing UCONN t-shirts...and wear some different colors.

So yes....i wear it proudly, despite the spousal headache. And my son does too...because i buy his clothes.

P.S. my dad hates PP and GDL too. So you can add him to the list

Reaction Score
hahaha yea he was saying that.. says he knows evberything there is to know about Recruiting, and how its not hard for each coach to ONLY get 3-4 recruits each.... and he was wearing a new york Giants sweatshirt said you where 32 years old and wore it Proudly... LOL... said he watched the Entire CUSE game, after i told him i shut it off after the 3rd QRT

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
yes....its very much like my father to strike up a LONG conversation with someone he's never met. And he Loves grocery stores...so that's not surprising either :)

I have 3 colors in my closet. Blue, white, and gray. As i mentioned in another thread, my wife yells at me every day to grow up and stop wearing UCONN t-shirts...and wear some different colors.

So yes....i wear it proudly, despite the spousal headache. And my son does too...because i buy his clothes.

P.S. my dad hates PP and GDL too. So you can add him to the list

I came home after buying a UConn shirt from Bob's about a week ago, and my wife said, "Don't you have like seven of those shirts already???" My response was, "Yes. Yes I do..." :cool:

Reaction Score
I believe that all posts to the Courant, and most other newspapers' blogs for that matter, are moderated now a days. At one time in the early days of the internet that wasn't the case but it really grew up in reaction to racist and other obscene postings various places.

Reaction Score
I came home after buying a UConn shirt from Bob's about a week ago, and my wife said, "Don't you have like seven of those shirts already???" My response was, "Yes. Yes I do..." :cool:

thats what im talking about.

wives dont understand how many different shades of white, gray, and blue there are.

not to mention that we have like 12 different "logos", so i need to have each of them in all of the colors.

whats so difficult to understand about that ????

Reaction Score
hahaha yea he was saying that.. says he knows evberything there is to know about Recruiting, and how its not hard for each coach to ONLY get 3-4 recruits each.... and he was wearing a new york Giants sweatshirt said you where 32 years old and wore it Proudly... LOL... said he watched the Entire CUSE game, after i told him i shut it off after the 3rd QRT

yup....we have those same discussions daily. he actually recruited for the UCONN bball team years ago, so he does know things about recruiting.....but im sure not everything :cool:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
when I post a comment on Dez's blog and it is under "consideration for moderation"? What the heck is going on with freedom of speech? It was not that bad a comment.
Think about it as being in his inbox and is still Bold. He'll post it as long as it contains nothing obscene or curses. He's posted things he doesn't agree with, contrary to what others have said. If he doesn't agree with the idea of your post, I'm sure he will respond to you in some way. Otherwise it seems he just lets it stand on it's own.

Reaction Score

My guess is that the blog was overwhelmed after Temple/Cuse. It's probably just a backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom