What side of the rivalry are you on- Boston/New York | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What side of the rivalry are you on- Boston/New York

Reaction Score
All New York. Both my parents were (and are -- Mom still watches every Yankee game on YES) diehard Yankee fans. Dad took me to my first Yankee game when I was 6. Also, I grew up in Milford/Orange so we only got the New York stations. Dad also taught me how to throw things at the TV when the early 1970s Yankees/Giants played lousy. I still remember how pissed he was when Joe Pisarcik fumbled. You can say I was indoctrinated.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Growing up in Torrington it was 50/50. 50% Yankee fans and 50% idiots.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
NY teams except for the Pats.

UConn basketball above all, however…

Reaction Score
My family is from Long Island and I am the only one of five siblings born in CT. I pretty much went with my older brother's teams' rivals in the mid-70s.

He was Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Yankees and I went Cowboys/Celtics/Islanders/Sox.

I vividly remember him crying when the Cowboys beat the Giants and I was sold on them from that day on. Thank goodness it wasn't the Lions.

As far as cities go, I love Boston and hate New York. I've been to several big cities and only in New York do I feel like somebody might push me into traffic at any given moment.

Reaction Score
My family is from Long Island and I am the only one of five siblings born in CT. I pretty much went with my older brother's teams' rivals in the mid-70s.

He was Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Yankees and I went Cowboys/Celtics/Islanders/Sox.

I vividly remember him crying when the Cowboys beat the Giants and I was sold on them from that day on. Thank goodness it wasn't the Lions.

As far as cities go, I love Boston and hate New York. I've been to several big cities and only in New York do I feel like somebody might push me into traffic at any given moment.
NY teams because my father was from New York, and most people in New Haven County rooted for New York teams.

I did respect the Celtics for what they accomplished, but rooted against them when they played the Lakers or anybody else in the Finals.

Boston is a lot safer and easier to navigate than NYC. I lived there 50 years ago, and I think I recall people on the platform who waited until the passengers on the T got off, before they walked into the tram or whatever it is called in Boston.
In NYC, I remember people jostling to get in and not waiting for the passengers to disembark.

Reaction Score
NY teams because my father was from New York, and most people in New Haven County rooted for New York teams.

I did respect the Celtics for what they accomplished, but rooted against them when they played the Lakers or anybody else in the Finals.

Boston is a lot safer and easier to navigate than NYC. I lived there 50 years ago, and I think I recall people on the platform who waited until the passengers on the T got off, before they walked into the tram or whatever it is called in Boston.
In NYC, I remember people jostling to get in and not waiting for the passengers to disembark.
Boston is basically a little town compared to NYC.

Reaction Score
Yankees/Giants/Knicks, was a Whalers fan I become a some what distant Rangers fan in the Lundquist era, will always bleed Whalers green though.

There is nothing like rooting for UConn though.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
live in Fairfield County
like:
Yankees
Nets
Jets

Hate:
Giants
Mets
Celtics
Patriots
Knicks
Rangers
Syracuse
Providence

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Stamford
I actually thought the answer was Stonington/New London. All the Mets fans I know are from that area.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I've been to several big cities and only in New York do I feel like somebody might push me into traffic at any given moment.

What you deserve for rooting for the Cowboys.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it and dont want to judge, but the yankees/pats fans always rubbed me the wrong way for 90s kids at least

Reaction Score
Grew up in Enfield, always a Boston sports fan for all major sports, until Whalers moved to Hartford. After the Whalers moved I stopped following the NHL. When grandson started playing hockey I started following the Bruins again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hate to say it and dont want to judge, but the yankees/pats fans always rubbed me the wrong way for 90s kids at least
Why? I had friends growing up in the 70s in CT that chose the Cowboys or the Steelers, b/c the local teams weren't good and those two dominated. Later it was the 49ers. A kid from the 90's would come of age when the Pats were the most dominant team in NFL history. You'd expect there to be a lot of Patriots fans from that era, probably all over the country.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know I'm not the only Sox/Celtics/Giants/Rangers fan in the world. But every single one of us grew up in Connecticut!

The short story for me is that my dad, who grew up in New Haven, was a NY fan (Giants/Giants/Rangers), except he rooted for the Celtics rather than the Knicks. A huge Willie Mays fan, he followed the Giants out west until Mays left, at which point he became a Sox fan. (He hated the Yankees and the Sox had always been his AL team.)
Sox/Celts/Pats... Flyers

When I was a kid I read an article about Bobby Clark and the struggles of being a type one diabetic as a pro athlete in Boys Life and I was hooked. Those were the old Broad Street Bully days, so it was a good run.

The Whalers were my "second team."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Sox/Celts/Pats... Flyers

When I was a kid I read an article about Bobby Clark and the struggles of being a type one diabetic as a pro athlete in Boys Life and I was hooked. Those were the old Broad Street Bully days, so it was a good run.

The Whalers were my "second team."

They're definitely a distant #2 behind the Giants, and have been for a while, but for a long time the Raiders were my other favorite NFL team.

When I was a little kid, my grandparents took me to Sears to get a jersey. If I'd gone with my dad, I would have gotten a Giants jersey. (I think I ultimately got a Carthon jersey.) But grandma and grandpa didn't know anything about sports and when I saw #46 in black & silver (Todd Christensen), that was it for me. My dad kinda liked the Raiders so he was cool with it. I became a huge Marcus Allen fan (and subsequently a huge Tim Brown and Bo Jackson fan). My parents told the babysitter I could watch the first half of the Raiders-Skins SB.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Without Connecticut there wouldn't be a whole lot in New England worth a damn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom