What side of the rivalry are you on- Boston/New York | The Boneyard

What side of the rivalry are you on- Boston/New York

Reaction Score
Personally I fall on the NY side (though no strong feelings towards NBA/NHL). Yankees and Giants

I have a lot of friends who straddle the line- mostly Giants and Boston for other sports

Reaction Score
Personally I fall on the NY side (though no strong feelings towards NBA/NHL). Yankees and Giants

I have a lot of friends who straddle the line- mostly Giants and Boston for other sports
Im the exact opposite. Yankees and Patriots. I live in Boston now but don’t care for the NBA (except UConn players) or the NHL.

Grew up right in the smack dab middle of the Yanks/Sox split line map. There are oddly a lot more Giants/Sox fans than the Pats/Yanks combo. It’s weird

Reaction Score
I'm from greenwich ct but I've always disliked both markets. I'm a huge Tampa rays fan, as well a Denver Broncos fan. The only local team I kind of root for is Syra...I mean.... the Knicks.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
New York. Family ties but also grew up loving the Rangers, Knicks, and Yanks

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I know I'm not the only Sox/Celtics/Giants/Rangers fan in the world. But every single one of us grew up in Connecticut!

The short story for me is that my dad, who grew up in New Haven, was a NY fan (Giants/Giants/Rangers), except he rooted for the Celtics rather than the Knicks. A huge Willie Mays fan, he followed the Giants out west until Mays left, at which point he became a Sox fan. (He hated the Yankees and the Sox had always been his AL team.)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I know I'm not the only Sox/Celtics/Giants/Rangers fan in the world. But every single one of us grew up in Connecticut!

The short story for me is that my dad, who grew up in New Haven, was a NY fan (Giants/Giants/Rangers), except he rooted for the Celtics rather than the Knicks. A huge Willie Mays fan, he followed the Giants out west until Mays left, at which point he became a Sox fan. (He hated the Yankees and the Sox had always been his AL team.)
Sox/knicks/jets/rangers

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
NY but never was a big Giants fan.
Grew up in Staven definitely New York preference there. Geography plus a lot of Italian - Americans on those Yankee teams.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I am a Mickey Mantle baby growing up in Hartford to a family of Sux fans. I was much happier than they. Was also a Brooklyn Dodger fan. And lifetime NY Giant fan, dislike Kraft and the Pats but grew up a Celtic fan but have found the NBA hard to watch for several years. My peek at a few play off games reminded me why i stopped watching the NBA.

Reaction Score
There are oddly a lot more Giants/Sox fans than the Pats/Yanks combo. It’s weird
The Giants used to be the nearest NFL team to CT so a lot of older folks even closer to Boston are Red Sox/Giants.

Of course the Brady bandwagon has been in full effect for 20 years so that pattern has been fading

Reaction Score
New York - The "old" teams - Yankees, Giants, Knicks.

Yanks - Since the mid-'60s after CBS bought them and they and the Sox slugged it out for last place every year.​
Giants - People ask me if I'm a pro football fan. I tell them, "No, I like the Giants."​
Knicks - From the Reed, Frazier, Bradley, Debusschere and Monroe years. Little to no interest after Ewing left.​

My best friend was a Rangers fan, but I never could get myself interested in hockey.

Reaction Score
Knicks/Yankees/Giants/Whalers

Grew up in Litchfield. Dad from Jersey City was a diehard Knicks/Yankees fan. Loved the Giants too but nothing like the Knicks and Yankees. His mom was an obsessive Yankees fan and as a little kid I remember her always wearing a Yankees cap.

The Yankees Red Sox split where I grew up is probably 60/40. I don't remember a single Patriots fan growing up.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The Giants used to be the nearest NFL team to CT so a lot of older folks even closer to Boston are Red Sox/Giants.

Of course the Brady bandwagon has been in full effect for 20 years so that pattern has been fading

Growing up around New Haven in the 1980s, I knew exactly 2 Patriots fans. And one did it to be contrarian.

Reaction Score

That’s me!

Reaction Score
New York. I've lived in New Haven County my whole life and have been to the city way too many times to count in my 29 years of existence. I also have family that lives there. I've been to Boston only maybe like 5-10 times. I also like NYC as a city more than Boston.

Reaction Score
New York everything, including the city itself, although I do have a soft spot for the 80s-10s Celtics (not a fan of the current group) and think Fenway is amazing.

Reaction Score
Love the Yanks, hate NYC except MSG for the BE Tournament, love the city of Boston.

Reaction Score
Red Sox/NY Football Giants/NY Rangers (really Whalers.....)

Reaction Score

Sox/Knicks/Giants/Whalers

I'll add that, being in my mid-30s, a huge number of kids in my high school became Yankees/Patriots fans in the late 90s/early 00s, and I was pretty much the only one I knew who was the opposite.

Reaction Score
I believe the correct answer is Giants, Knicks, Rangers, Yankees. and of course the sixth borough Huskies

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Grew up in Manchester. All the Boston teams for me. I do have friends that are Yankees/Patriots fans. Some Sox/Steelers or similar. I think Sox/Yankees was probably 80/20 Sox when I was a kid. I think the Giants/Pats split was closer, but then the Pats had been an AFL team not long before.

I'm not sure where you find Mets/Jets fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom