What schools do you hate the most now? | The Boneyard

What schools do you hate the most now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember rooting hard for Syracuse against Kansas in 2003, but today I was rooting for Michigan like they had UCONN written across their chests. With CR, proliferation of social media, etc., who do you hate the most now?

Before:

1) Boston College
2) Duke basketball/Notre Dame football
3) Maryland (Rudy Gay + Edsall)
4) Rutgers football/Pitt basketball
5) Let's all laugh at PC, UMass, SJU

After:

1) Syracuse
2) Boston College
3) Rutgers (all sports)
4) Duke basketball/Notre Dame football
5) Let's continue to laugh at PC, UMass, SJU

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
1) Boston College - this university is literally trying to destroy UConn. If you are a real Husky fan, there can be no other name at the top of your list.

2) The SEC - this conference's rampant cheating will destroy college athletics eventually.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
BC has become so irrelevant that it will take us joining the ACC before I can claim them as my number one hatred. So for know it has to be:

1) Syracuse
2) Rutgers
3) ND (all sports)
4) Duke bball
5) BC
6) All Big East teams (C7)

Reaction Score
Somebody give me the low down on what exactly happened with Rudy Gay, it's been so long I just don't remember what the specifics were. I have a buddy from Maryland who gets really heated about it still, and I just don't discuss it in an attempt to remain civil. What exactly is the "Rudy Gay Rule" he refers to?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
1) Bard College
2) William & Mary
3) Oberlin
4) Williams College
5) Swarthmore
6) South Windsor High School

IMO, Bard gets a lifetime pass for giving us Steely Dan. Then again, Bard is the old school in My Old School.

Reaction Score
Calhoun payed to scrimmage with an AAU squad of former college players, that squad was owned by the same people that ran Gay's squad, a few days later Gay commits to UConn. It was legal at the time, but I think the NCAA closed the loophole after Gay's recruitment. That is my basic remembrance. Maryland fans were all in a tizzy at the time, but then they always are.

Reaction Score
I realize I am an outsider, but

1) Wisconsin - All sports, the state and their NFL team the Fudge
2) Micheegan because their fans believe they own the place
3) Notre Dame - see above and Lou Holtz left for them
4) Duke - if they weren't so ful of themselves they could be the little engine that could
5) Rutgers - any place where the Prez and BOG bow to politicians and media is a joke. No B1G school would do that. Because the school knows they will outlast the politicians and media both. Shameful

Reaction Score
Calhoun payed to scrimmage with an AAU squad of former college players, that squad was owned by the same people that ran Gay's squad, a few days later Gay commits to UConn. It was legal at the time, but I think the NCAA closed the loophole after Gay's recruitment. That is my basic remembrance. Maryland fans were all in a tizzy at the time, but then they always are.

Oh they're still in a tizzy! When I went down to tailgate for the Maryland game, its all they talked about. Nothing has changed from what I saw......

Reaction Score
I realize I am an outsider, but

1) Wisconsin - All sports, the state and their NFL team the Fudge
2) Micheegan because their fans believe they own the place
3) Notre Dame - see above and Lou Holtz left for them
4) Duke - if they weren't so ful of themselves they could be the little engine that could
5) Rutgers - any place where the Prez and BOG bow to politicians and media is a joke. No B1G school would do that. Because the school knows they will outlast the politicians and media both. Shameful

Your post is null and void and has no place here!!! That being said, I know a few thousand people in CT that will back you up on your list of hatred and disdain provided we make it to the B1G!!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Your post is null and void and has no place here!!! That being said, I know a few thousand people in CT that will back you up on your list of hatred and disdain provided we make it to the B1G!!

His post can't be null and void because it included Duke, ND, and Rutgers... ;)

Reaction Score
1. Notre dame- they are my most hated university based on the fact that they think they're better than ever other school when they can't win jack. 2.Syracuse- because well they hate us and we hate them 3. Boston college- for all the times they blocked us from the acc. 4. Every other team that played a role in the conference we are in today

Reaction Score

I think UCONN does get invited. If UVA or others from the ACC were going to come, they would have already. UCONN makes sense for #15, and I think Mizzu could be 16. The B1G is not accused of destroying the ACC. ACC does not sue the B1G for tampering if it stops at Maryland. Neither UCONN or Mizzu have difficulty getting out of their existing conferences. Both teams add new markets and or secure large markets. B1G is learning that 14 is less than ideal for scheduling. One East and one West school balance the PODS for scheduling. The POD contains geographic rivals.

east pod - UCONN, Rutgers, Penn State, Maryland
Central - tOSU' Mich, MSU, northwestern
Plains - Minn, Neb, wic, Iowa
Lakes - Indiana, ill Mizzu, Purdue

Now in this world you can hate your POD the most.

Reaction Score

Actually, Calhoun didn't pay the AAU squad. The AAU squad was Rudy Gay's squad coached by Anthony Lewis. UConn couldn't play such a team. But they did pay to play the Baltimore Ballers, which was a team put together by Lewis specifically for that game. Lewis ran, and Gay played for, the Cecil Kirk AAU. The Ballers were not part of that, even though Lewis put them together for the game. They were under the umbrella of Baltimore Parks & Rec. UConn sent a check in the amount of $20k or $25k to the City of Baltimore Parks and Recreation Center.

Years later, Gary Williams insinuated that UConn had paid off Gay to go there. Eric Prisbell, the guy who ran Terrapin Times, asked him about Gay, and Williams said that Gay professed to be a Terp fan, why didn't he come here? He then said it was likely something more than the Ballers game.

This was his own attempt to cover his own butt since he only started recruiting Gay the summer before his senior year, whereas Calhoun had offered Gay as a sophomore since Calhoun has long been friends with Lewis since recruiting Reggie Lewis (no relation) to Northeastern. Gary Williams blew it and so he blamed his own failure on implied payoffs. Tom Moore was totally up front about what UConn did and he explained it in the newspapers. It wasn't the first time UConn had paid a team for a scrimmage in the recruitment of a player. UConn did it with a Louisiana team for Brandon Bass as well (obviously Bass never came).

Williams is even more hypocritical when you consider that Calhoun was a relative outsider to the AAU game, rarely landing AAU stars. Even kids like Ben Gordon didn't play AAU back then, and were hurt in the rankings for sitting out the summer. Meanwhile, Gary Williams was cited as being one of the guys who comped Final 4 tickets to the Pump Brothers who ran an AAU team out of Cali. Those tix were worth thousands of dollars. The NCAA put a stop to this practice, but the Pumps have done multiple end-arounds by hiring people like ex-NCAA head Cedric Dempsey to run a hiring consulting service, and now they sell a so-called monthly newsletter to schools with a $10k a year subscription service.

Remember when Maryland beat out UConn for Nik Caner-Medley? A New England product? UConn finished second. Caner-Medley was a Pump Brother kid. So, in Gary Williams' warped mind, it's ok to give money to the Pump Brothers to "pump" their pockets, but wrong to give money to Baltimore Parks & Rec. (which serves mostly children) because they are not consumate insiders with ties to the NCAA ex-President.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The concept of the ACC suing the Big 10 is pretty humorous.

Also funny that Big 10 schools don't bow to politicians.... A. Rutgers is in the Big 10 and B. Penn State is in the Big 10.

Where does this stuff come from?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I sat right behind the Beltway Baller bench for that game. It was a pretty humorous game. Not everyday you see someone coach against the #1 team in the country wearing a track suit.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Bard College
2) William & Mary
3) Oberlin
4) Williams College
5) Swarthmore
6) South Windsor High School

I was actually at Bard last night - had I known they'd wronged you, I would have burned it down on my way out.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I was actually at Bard last night - had I known they'd wronged you, I would have burned it down on my way out.

Steely Dan still hanging out there?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Cuse, THE Ohio State University, Georgia, Clemson, PC, BC, ND, Miami, Cuse, Pitt, Louisville, Rutgers, and Syracuse.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Hate em all, let god sort em out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads