What is with the injjury to AE? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What is with the injjury to AE?

Reaction Score
What school has the moat around the court? Is that Vanderbilt? Seriously, the NCAA needs to set some standards on what is allowed around the courts. $$$$ doesn't come into play. I pretty sure the NCAA doesn't get any of the courtside seat revenue.
Vanderbilt’s court had a moat around it but I believe it is now gone.

Reaction Score
If nothing else Geno can never say AE couldn’t guard a chair. She just has to learn how do it without fouling. Nachos? Be thankful that CD’s soft drink cup wasn’t under those chairs. They would still be pumping the arena down.

Reaction Score
What school has the moat around the court? Is that Vanderbilt? Seriously, the NCAA needs to set some standards on what is allowed around the courts. $$$$ doesn't come into play. I pretty sure the NCAA doesn't get any of the courtside seat revenue.
I think you're referring to Minnesota's arena, nicknamed the Barn (i think). It's the only one where the benches are lower than the court that I've seen.

Reaction Score
I think you're referring to Minnesota's arena, nicknamed the Barn (i think). It's the only one where the benches are lower than the court that I've seen.
Yeah, I was going to say something but I do not want to jinx anything. All I have to say is, being from Minnesota an attending many games at the Barn over many years, I am just thankful.

Reaction Score
I hate to even think it but this may all be Geno's fault. He's been known to challenge players to guard chairs. Chair possessing nachos isn't all that different from player possessing ball. Aaliyah reads and reacts, closes on the target, and next thing you know, the trainer's giving Aaliyah a foot rub...and possibly a mani/pedi.
I hate to even think it but this may all be Geno's fault. He's been known to challenge players to guard chairs. Chair possessing nachos isn't all that different from player possessing ball. Aaliyah reads and reacts, closes on the target, and next thing you know, the trainer's giving Aaliyah a foot rub...and possibly a mani/pedi.
A tip of the hat and my apologies to Registered UConn. I missed your post my first time thru the thread and apparently we thought of the same thing.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hinkle Arena at Butler has a raised court. I hate those. I’m surprised there aren’t a lot of injuries there

1673106814624.jpeg

Reaction Score
Vanderbilt’s court had a moat around it but I believe it is now gone.
The floor in Vanderbilt’s Memorial Gymnasium was built higher than the seats along the side lines. There is a discussion in Wikipedia on the design and construction of the arena if anyone is interested.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
when you play so many extra minutes, your body is less able to withstand the extra strains, so general fatigue shows up in unnecessary injuries. i may not be a doctor, but i stayed in a holiday inn express last night. :)
I'd suggest a Marriott next time

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
A lot of her shots are coming from outside. She is shooting a number of three-point shots.
And not shooting at a good percentage at all (22-97) for .227 percentage-brutal so I say, let keep taking them.

Reaction Score
i have to keep thinking that when you make starters play this many minutes, general fatigue leads to more injuries. :(
I think the critical event was crashing into those two chairs at courtside. We should have a NIL for
courtside ICE, and I don't mean "ICE" Brady, Uconn has used ICE ( H2O) now for Aaliyah and Caroline. !!

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Wow, I thought she was playing more than 35. Or is that number skewed by the Princeton game when she got injured and left the game early?
Without the Princeton game included, her average is 35.54 min/game.

Reaction Score
If nothing else Geno can never say AE couldn’t guard a chair. She just has to learn how do it without fouling. Nachos? Be thankful that CD’s soft drink cup wasn’t under those chairs. They would still be pumping the arena down.
Didn't Geno say something like that about Napheesa? Maybe it was "she still can't guard anybody." I remember her rolling her eyes when he said it. LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom