What is with the injjury to AE? | The Boneyard

What is with the injjury to AE?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I don't see anything posted. What was the injury, how bad was it, will she be available agianst DePaul?

Reaction Score
Supposedly hurt her foot going for a loose ball into seats. I think she will be fine but then again we will have to wait for any updates

Reaction Score
It looked in the game like a bruise on the top of her foot but CD called it an ankle injury which she supposedly iced I believe at halftime. She didn't seem to be in any pain during the second half on the bench. Hopefully just a precaution. But then Azzzi came back and played after her "minor" knee injury so who really knows.

Reaction Score
i have to keep thinking that when you make starters play this many minutes, general fatigue leads to more injuries. :(

Reaction Score
It looked in the game like a bruise on the top of her foot but CD called it an ankle injury which she supposedly iced I believe at halftime. She didn't seem to be in any pain during the second half on the bench. Hopefully just a precaution. But then Azzzi came back and played after her "minor" knee injury so who really knows.
Hopefully, it is nothing. But she got up grimacing a bit, from her Derek Jeter-like swan dive into the seats. I believe she continued playing until the half, but I would need to review the tape to be sure. In any case, after the half, CD sat her down and they iced the injured area. I saw her smiling with Azzi and Paige on the bench, so she must not be badly damaged. Certainly, they didn't need her against Butler. If there is any hint of lingering discomfort, I would sit her against DePaul as well. Seriously, who cares if we win or lose? I doubt that Caroline will be out of the concussion protocol by Sunday, so it shortens the bench a lot. unit would be fun to see what the team can do with Aubrey, Nika, Dorka, Lou and some combination of Patterson, Bettencourt and DeBerry.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, it is nothing. But she got up grimacing a bit, from her Derek Jeter-like swan dive into the seats. I believe she continued playing until the half, but I would need to review the tape to be sure. In any case, after the half, CD sat her down and they iced the injured area. I saw her smiling with Azzi and Paige on the bench, so she must not be badly damaged. Certainly, they didn't need her against Butler. If there is any hint of lingering discomfort, I would sit her against DePaul as well. Seriously, who cares if we win or lose? I doubt that Caroline will be out of the concussion protocol by Sunday, so it shortens the bench a lot. unit would be fun to see what the team can do with Aubrey, Nika, Dorka, Lou and some combination of Patterson, Bettencourt and DeBerry.

Nope. She left with maybe 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. I was wondering where she was on the bench. Then saw her by the trainer and thought oh boy. Here we go again. Hopefully is was precautionary.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yeah, let’s see how far they can stretch the team out and still win. DePaul has become a ”one man band.” Aneesah Morrow takes 40% of DePaul’s total shot attempts. She shoots way less than 50 fg%. She’ll score 25-30 points and her team loses. Stop her, and win the game. Her teammates are use to her being the savior.

Go back and look at the box score of their last 5-6 games, you’ll see what I mean.

Reaction Score
Yeah, let’s see how far they can stretch the team out and still win. DePaul has become a ”one man band.” Aneesah Morrow takes 40% of DePaul’s total shot attempts. She shoots way less than 50 fg%. She’ll score 25-30 points and her team loses. Stop her, and win the game. Her teammates are use to her being the savior.

Go back and look at the box score of their last 5-6 games, you’ll see what I mean.

I'd say stop the rest of the team and they win. 25-30 points isn't going to beat UConn.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Morrow almost beat us last year, and if Aaliyah can't go, we may have a huge problem if our guards don't make shots. If she is not ready to play this game, she is not ready. We will win the BE even if we blow this game, but her health is more important for the long run.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Either way it will be a good experience for the post players to content with Morrow. Not sure who i think would have the better success after Aaliyah - Dorka (size) or Aubrey (speed/athleticism)...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Now she has become Edwards, destroyer of chairs.
Either way you look at Aaliyah, you can say...................she's evolved!!! :eek: When you see her coming back at you off balance...............GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! :confused: I do hope she's OK and can take the floor Sunday against DePaul.

Our 3 games next week (The times listed are PACIFIC time.

1673039936268.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i have to keep thinking that when you make starters play this many minutes, general fatigue leads to more injuries. :(
Just this team? I don’t recall any of Genos other teams having so many injuries. Correct me if I’m wrong. Maybe these new kids break easily?

Reaction Score
Certainly not from UCONN unless you want to count High School --which who knows could be a point. But for UCONN -stepping aside from any Paige debate-

Was the injury of Aubrey's back last year due to too many minutes?
Was the injury to Azzi as a freshman or sophomore due to too many minutes?
What about Dorka last year in NCAA and then this year with her thumb? The result of too many minutes?
Ducharme’s concussion? Too many minutes?
What about Lou? Her ankle/foot too many minutes because at UCONN vs Fairfield?

IMO some posters are just overall nervous of many things and just love to watch every player play more than anything else. If that's what you like - fine. As a result, there becomes an over-concern with playing too many minutes.

Might it be some have just grown tired of all the winning? It's either win a championship, or who cares if you don’t win it all because it's only the titles that matter so if you don’t win it all might as well play everyone? Or maybe some just like to complain?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom