What is the #1 on the court shortcoming... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What is the #1 on the court shortcoming...

Reaction Score
I'm not sure we have a ton of moves. We have a bit more muscle with Sampson coming. Maybe playing Adama and Clingan could do something similar. Beyond that the team is what it is. Which isn’t so bad. Let's hope we are playing our best in March/April.

Should be an improvement over the past few years regardless

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Andre Jackson on offense. Alex Karaban and Joey C on defense. Multiple players with fingers/hands taped up. Poorly timed technicals.

Reaction Score
We're two dimensional. We only feed it into Sanogo and take a bunch of threes. We don't have anyone that can drive to the basket effectively.
Jordan can. He may be a bit 3 pointer lean now. Been a while since we had a true blow by - to the hoop guy. He's that with a deep shot too.

Reaction Score
I originally thought the topic was complaints with the Gampel floor. I now see that not all things are great right now having nothing to do with the court. We lost a game and we are embarrassed over threads about how we should be #1. Had we beat Xavier by three points the arguments for why we should be #1 would have only intensified. Alas, we lost . So what is our problem??? I believe the talent and abilities on this team are just fine. Was it 2011 when we lost 9 Big East games only to become BE champs and National Champions? I believe why we have struggled the last couple games is because for reasons unknown, we went from a 10-11 deep team to a 6 deep team. Many of the runs we had earlier in the season can be credited to the second team with Clingan and Joey C providing a spark that ignited the run while also given our starters a rest, I don’t know, I guess I have been seeing it all wrong, because I don’t see any other short comings.
At the ten minute mark of the Creighton game when Uconn made their run, on the court was Joey C, Clingan, and Diarra/Allyene. Jackson also played well with these guys. They cranked up the full court press. They showed a defensive adjustment and Creighton was rattled. They also played more aggressive on offense. Getting rebounds, tip outs and scrambling. I guess there won’t be much talk about our shortcomings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom