What is "Plan D" if WVU and others leave for Big 12/SEC? | The Boneyard

What is "Plan D" if WVU and others leave for Big 12/SEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rumors on other boards have WVU, Louisville, even Cincy potentially to Big 12.

Reaction Score
it would be hilarious if they announce, and the Big 12 proceeds to fall apart before they can start league games

Reaction Score
Good for our former confernce brethren if they go. All three teams have had a history of being explosive offensive machines and have cracked the top 10 on more than one occasion in the last five years. IF Big 12 resolves their self interests and reunites in harmony, this will be a heck of a league.

I hope the best for all our members as a new BE league with the powerhouses (army, navy, air force) it is suggested Providence wants to bring in will be nothing short of a disgrace. Providence has been totally inept when it comes to an administration of a league football program, and no one deservves this mess because of that.

Reaction Score
They should go. But, they have to be concerned about any potential payouts, agreements, since the Big12 is not for long.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It's good stuff that within a week the school that was most loyal to the conference, Louisville, is ready to jump because it doesn't trust its conference partners. Nice work President Herbst.

Maybe she should call the NFL and see if they will let us in there.

Reaction Score
It's good stuff that within a week the school that was most loyal to the conference, Louisville, is ready to jump because it doesn't trust its conference partners. Nice work President Herbst.

As if Louisville wasn't already looking around, just like everyone else who can actually see the conference crumbling around them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
As if Louisville wasn't already looking around, just like everyone else who can actually see the conference crumbling around them.

Excuses. She pursued the longest of long-shot strategies which only served to help Swofford further destabilize the Big East. What should have been a paper cut is looking like a serious injury, in a large part because of our own creation.

Do I have to go find all the "Louisville doesn't have any options" posts from last week to show how many of you got this so wrong? Their initial goal was to rebuild, and we pushed them away. Idiotic.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I'd rather have a president who is looking out for our best interests versus other league members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Is this nelson person a BC in disguise? The more I read each of his posts, he seems like a mole trying to piss off this board. Does anybody know him or can confirm he is actually a UConn fan?

Reaction Score
Muntz lives at the Institute and is clearly on high doses of Thorazine. I get a kick out of him. He's either more depressed or psychotic than anyone I've ever known or he's a mole and having a great time.

Reaction Score
Do I have to go find all the "Louisville doesn't have any options" posts from last week to show how many of you got this so wrong?

Please. I recall that all of those statements were predicated on the notion that the Big XII would no longer exist. As soon as the Pac 12 rejected expansion, it became obvious that Louisville's star could be on the rise. And you don't need to read the press clippings from Storrs to know that an invitation to a stabilized Big XII is an offer Louisville can't refuse.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

LOL, mocking her because she was the ONLY honest school President

or do you think the Cards (WVU, Cinci, TCU) wouldn't bolt if she committed?

willie99

Reaction Score
I can only surmise that she didn't commit because she knows a whole lot more about what's going on than we do

I can't imagine she's so stupid that she's burning bridges without substantive alternatives on the table in front of her

and maybe all those communications she's had with other schools were to ascertain her options are really there

Reaction Score
I can only surmise that she didn't commit because she knows a whole lot more about what's going on than we do

I can't imagine she's so stupid that she's burning bridges without substantive alternatives on the table in front of her

and maybe all those communications she's had with other schools were to ascertain her options are really there

Even if she had no other alternatives, does anyone honestly believe that the BE is about to close ranks without UConn? What are they going to do? Kick UConn out?

Reaction Score
Is this nelson person a BC in disguise? The more I read each of his posts, he seems like a mole trying to piss off this board. Does anybody know him or can confirm he is actually a UConn fan?
Nelson is the basketball version of CaliCuse on the old baseball board.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You guys are all wallowing in UConn's demise, I am the only one that has a realistic plan that would actually help the program, and I am getting attacked for being negative?

You bozos reply to each other's increasingly dire posts of impending doom, and the only solution you have is to go back to the conference that just attacked us.

This board is worse than the football board, where the attacks on Pasqualoni and McEntee are completely out of control. If you guys all hate the program so much, go root for another school that won't make you so miserable.

willie99

Reaction Score
You guys are all wallowing in UConn's demise, I am the only one that has a realistic plan that would actually help the program, and I am getting attacked for being negative?

You bozos reply to each other's increasingly dire posts of impending doom, and the only solution you have is to go back to the conference that just attacked us.

This board is worse than the football board, where the attacks on Pasqualoni and McEntee are completely out of control. If you guys all hate the program so much, go root for another school that won't make you so miserable.

so you're espousing UConn going to the ACC?

great, we're on the same page. At the end of the day, that's the realistic plan.

We'll just have to let time do it's thing. I think Susie knows a whole lot more about all of this than you and I do.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
we should have gotten behind the Air Force Football only idea, then nobody else in the league would have been looking to move. This is all on Herbst:eek:

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Nelson never really let anyone get under his skin in the past so this is a treat for long time boneyarders lol

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
With Uconn and RU, the ACC North becomes the new Big East. Moving forward that is the best available option for all sports.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Nelson never really let anyone get under his skin in the past so this is a treat for long time boneyarders lol

The ascendancy of the FB program lifts all athletic boats, including message board denizens. #wrygrin

Reaction Score
With Uconn and RU, the ACC North becomes the new Big East. Moving forward that is the best available option for all sports.

Yeah, screw USF, TCU, Cincy, Louisville and West Virginia! What did theu ever do for us! Let's be like slimy Pitt and Syracuse and sneak away in the night. It's every one for themselves, abandon ship!!! Sorry this lifeboat is full, hope you can swim.
WTF

Reaction Score
Yeah, screw USF, TCU, Cincy, Louisville and West Virginia! What did theu ever do for us! Let's be like slimy Pitt and Syracuse and sneak away in the night. It's every one for themselves, abandon ship!!! Sorry this lifeboat is full, hope you can swim.
WTF

TCU hasn't done anything for us yet and could very well never come to the BE if the Big 12 offers them. Louisville, Cinci, and WVU could very well end up in the Big 12 with them. The only school that I feel is in a very precarious situation is USF and they could try to get into the Big 12 as well. All of us could really. UConn and Rutgers may have to wait a while for either the ACC of Big 10 but if conferences are going to 14 or 16 teams should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom