What have you done to appease the mojo gods? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What have you done to appease the mojo gods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kemba jersey went on right before Amida Brimah's and-1 against St. Joe's and has been on for each game afterwards. Wings Over Storrs Boneless Honey Mustard Wings on gameday. 6 pack of Rolling Rock. Same seating arrangement. Spending more time with Senhor Testiculo than my own girlfriend.

Reaction Score
I have followed my same viewing pattern from 2011. So I will be watching the championship game at Hooters ! Let's go Huskies

Reaction Score
At 16-4 I turned the tv off and only watched the Boneyard live thread. Once people started posting "Boooom" and "Hell yeah" and "11-0" I turned the tv back on and watch it on dvr time delayed. I've done this for all of the games going back to the 2011 run.

Reaction Score
I've worn the same pair of underwear without washing it every day of my life since Tate George hit that shot.

edit: wait nm, that was a month or two before i was even born. grrrrrr

Reaction Score
I wore my 2011 national championship shirt that shows the six teams we beat crossed off (familiar name on that list) under my dress shirt. Also took the stairs to my office on the 21 floor

Reaction Score
It's warmer and much more humid here in Asia than in CT, but my faded '90s era, National Flag Blue and White-lettered t-shirt now with a certain funkiness and similarly crusty gym shorts have at least 1-2 Huskies games in 'em. My wife will get over the funk for another night or so, and up to 2 more mojo-inspired games. Go UCONN!

Reaction Score
Every win deserved a beer shower - no matter of how crowded the bar was. It was the closest I could feel to being in the locker room. I've been going to the same bar and it's picked up quite a colt following.

Reaction Score
When we beat Florida in December I jumped so high in the air that I ripped the seam on my UConn Pajama Pants.

I've been wearing them the whole tournament, to go along with my white #11 jersey over the blue UConn Sweet 16 shirt I bought at MSG while smacking Iowa State around.

Reaction Score
Picked up a nice hand rolled cigar on arthur avenue last night.
802Dg.jpg

so in case of a win it will be a victory cigar

and arthur avenue is where? you guessed it. The Bronx. the home of none other than our last national champ leader, KEMBA WALKER. Must be great mojo.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I shat in my cat's litter box

Reaction Score
Drank same beer -- Evil Twin Falco, brewed in Stratford (only Conn. beer I could find) -- but only start drinking when UConn needs a boost. Do you remember Villanova 19-UConn 9 and Florida 16-UConn 4? You can thank my beer for the turnarounds. And, I pulled in to the package store to pick up the Florida game beer at precisely the moment that WTIC was replaying the 19-9 part of the Villanova game. Coincidence? I think not.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So I drive down to our (Pittsburgh) Harry's Pizza after work. I tell the owner I'm ordering the pizza for mojo. He sees my Husky fleece and laughs, telling me he misses the BE (he's a Pitt guy) and is rooting for UConn.

He then tells me his son goes to UK.

And there was no Rolling Rock to drink while waiting.

That was a mixed mojo message. Not sure what to make of it.

Reaction Score
Just polished off 10 wings. Figured it couldn't hurt, plus there was no way I was making dinner tonight.

Reaction Score
I have either stood in the same spot in front of the tv or sat in the same spot on the couch.

Also, when down to msu: my son dropped his sippy cup full of juice down the crack in between the wall in the couch. This coincided with our run to take the lead thus rendering me happy to retrieve the sippy. I now encourage him to do so on game days.

Also, my wife has picked up that she has a cloud of bad mojo hanging over her and will not watch the games.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I have gone in the chat room here all tourney long and I rarely EVER go in there during games. Every time I feel I have to, I post "RIDE, SENHOR!!! RIDE!!!"

I started this Mojo, but Intlzncster got me on a higher plane with his horse picture. I feel the Mojo is strong there.
Interesting. I was in the chat room during the regular season, but stopped for postseason and now only do twitter during games.

Also me and @CTMike and (I'm sure) a lot others are sticking with 1959 Jonathan T-shirt through the whole tourney. I've been wearing that over a grey "Connecticut" long sleeve T and a new logo snapback hat.

12697.057-2T.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Picked up RR and on the way to get the wings, I was damn near t-boned by a moron not paying attention. I think the scareds saved me. After procuring all items, I was the only car in the line of about 5 that was not pulled into a checkpoint by the local cops. Clearly the mojo is working.

Reaction Score
Wearing my Jasper Howard #6 shirt, as I have every tourney game, and the same shorts. Neither laundered from the beginning.

Reaction Score
In Nashville for the Women's FF. Last one I was at was in Indianapolis in 2011 where we beat a certain K named university. Feeling good about that mojo

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
5c37cca8-309d-4538-aa10-6be26e09331e_zps8e55486b.jpg

I got these out of their hidey-hole a few minutes ago.

Reaction Score
Yesterday I took my 6 year old daughter to a pizza place in Florida for lunch. She knew we were watching the game at night with some friends and she asked what time we were going out. I said we needed to be there about 6. Then she said, "Who do u think is going to win, Connecticut or Florida? Can I have a quarter for the gum ball machine?" I reached into my pocket, pulled out a quarter and said "Connecticut". I handed her the quarter and she looks down at it and says, I think so too because this is a Connecticut quarter". I took the quarter back and verified that it was in fact a Connecticut quarter with the Charter Oak on it. I handed it back and said "Testiculo". She said, "wait, what?" and I said "go get your gum ball." I knew we had it in the bag.

Dropped a quarter in my office yesterday and never picked it up. I just walked in and saw a quarter sitting on my desk courtesy of the cleaning crew. I looked at it as it sat heads up and said to myself, "could it be another CT quarter?" Yep, another one. The force was with us.

Reaction Score
I've been walking up to my 21st floor apartment before every postseason game. Looks like I'll keep doing that ad infinitum.

Reaction Score
I don't think I'll need any Sliders wings for a while. I certainly had enough on Saturday and last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom