What have you done to appease the mojo gods? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What have you done to appease the mojo gods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched at home with just the dog and the fiance without having friends over. Well for all games except Michigan State. Had to go to the Garden, absolutely worth every dime!!! :)

Reaction Score
Wore my UConn tie to work on game days
When watching the game, I don my 1990 vintage Champion Grey UCONN sweatshirt. It is tight and old, also wore it to MSG against Iowa State.
Check engine light came on my car day of St. Joe's game...I am ignoring it until this tourney is over. Must be MOJO
Did self examination of my Testiculos...every hour.
Listen to LA Woman (Doors) before every game. Especially the Mr. MOJO Risn' part. Risin', Risin' Risin', Risin' Risin', Risin' Wooooo

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I have worn my 1999 warm up t shirt for all the games and have not shaven since the sweet 16.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The mojo is not a force to be "appeased", It is a force to be swept up by, and if you are lucky, ridden.

horse_5053.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have gone in the chat room here all tourney long and I rarely EVER go in there during games. Every time I feel I have to, I post "RIDE, SENHOR!!! RIDE!!!"

I started this Mojo, but Intlzncster got me on a higher plane with his horse picture. I feel the Mojo is strong there.

Reaction Score
Have not done the wings yet -- was going to forego them this year, since I'm presently unemployed -- but will splurge tomorrow for the championship. Could not forego the Rolling Rocks, though; have had an ample supply of those throughout the tourney.

Have encouraged my dad to NOT watch if UConn is losing (and he is complying).

Have worn appropriate UConn t-shirts during the games. Last night's was a classic white one with the "77-74" score. Am torn about tomorrow's attire, though; what is more appropriate -- something from 1999, 2004, or 2011? (and how great is that, that there is even a choice??)

Reaction Score
Watched the first game vs st joes on 1 hr delay on dvr. Have now watched every other tourny game on 1 hr delay on the same tv. Wife now thinks I'm weird.

Reaction Score
Before every game my friends and I play Kid Ink- Hell & Back which was the song in Terrance's Senior Year Mixtape. I've watched all the games at my apartment except for the MSU game i watched in Boston because i was too hungover to drive back home in time for tip. That made me tremendously nervous but hey we're still here

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Short of kidnapping the Harrison twins nothing I do tomorrow is going to impact the outcome.

But I've bet on every UConn game and I'm 5-0, so why tempt fate.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I prayed in front of Greek Orthodox Christian icons of Christ and various saints before every game. God is truly good to UConn nation.

Reaction Score

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Have worn my Uconn Sweatpants and Sweatshirt, during every game.
Has the Happy Husky Logo on it :)

Also ditched my Daughter yesterday and Captain America,
so i could watch the Uconn game with my Brother :D

I have 10 Toes ALL IN !!!!!

Reaction Score
Yesterday I took my 6 year old daughter to a pizza place in Florida for lunch. She knew we were watching the game at night with some friends and she asked what time we were going out. I said we needed to be there about 6. Then she said, "Who do u think is going to win, Connecticut or Florida? Can I have a quarter for the gum ball machine?" I reached into my pocket, pulled out a quarter and said "Connecticut". I handed her the quarter and she looks down at it and says, I think so too because this is a Connecticut quarter". I took the quarter back and verified that it was in fact a Connecticut quarter with the Charter Oak on it. I handed it back and said "Testiculo". She said, "wait, what?" and I said "go get your gum ball." I knew we had it in the bag.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I haven't shaved and have worn the same shirt for every game.

I also endured Daughtry.

Reaction Score
Same sweatshirt and hat all tournament.

Alternating t-shirt underneath. Generic UConn for the first game of a weekend and the second game gets the "In Storrs Now" shirt from 2011.

Watching various UConn videos on youtube, including "Shabazz On 'Em"

Checking the yard and Twitter non-stop all day, even at work.

No yard during the game.

Twitter occasionally during the game but at the under 4 time out of the 2nd half, I cut all ties to the outside world.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Let's see. I've had a bad bout of bronchitis since the tourney started. And yesterday I lost a crown during the game, so I've got to eat on one side of my mouth to avoid the half tooth on the other side. I'm willing to suffer something else for an NC, but at this point I'm hoping it doesn't involve a hospital.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Let's see. I've had a bad bout of bronchitis since the tourney started. And yesterday I lost a crown during the game, so I've got to eat on one side of my mouth to avoid the half tooth on the other side. I'm willing to suffer something else for an NC, but at this point I'm hoping it doesn't involve a hospital.

LOL. This was funny. Apologies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Wore the same navy and white boxers the last two games (yes, I washed them...) and will do the same tomorrow. I also follow the game on chat and when things are going bad, turn of the tv and follow the game exclusively on chat until the momentum swings. It's worked the last two games.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I've watched all 5 games at GF's daughter's house w/various configurations of grandchildren & adults. Everyone supports whatever I do while I'm there. The 32 month old twins hVe learned to say, "Go Huskies,"and the 7 & 10 year olds now use the pronoun "We" when effecting to UCONN. Saturday night, I successfully explained the 35-second clock and other rules to the household dad who is from South Africa and was back home from a trip to his brother's wedding over first two weekends. I am invited to return there if I need to watch the game on Monday, even though all kids will be to bed at tip-off, dad's commute requires early rising and mom has 4 kids to deal with in the morning. I'll be elsewhere, though not yet sure where. It will not effect the mojo.

During the games, I txt with my younger sister (as always), do not txt with my oldest friend (as always), and have added best college friend (who hopped on the bandwagon after his MSU bracket got busted and now believes), older sister, daughter, and ex-wife to the mix. Daughter lives in Louisville and was disappointed by KY loss; went to Wisconsin and was disappointed by KY loss, and now recognizes that her heritage is and always has been CT. Her mother is rooting for KY, to which daughter says, "What a moron."

I'm dressed in blue & white since Saturday evening. I've been eating wings and drinking Rolling Rock. On game day, I police the haiku as best I can. five-seven-five, dammit! I do not enter the chat room after my MSU experience. My Facebook profile picture is Buddy Testiculo, and my Facebook banner is the picture of the Men's and Women's teams with Senhor looming over them. Few Facebook friends have any idea what it means. In a nod to George Carlin, I call it "Mojo Wow!"

Wherever necessary, I let people know that I care about UCONN basketball, and that it takes precedence. Nobody questions this. I wouldn't care and I wouldn't change things if they did care.

And I would not have preferred if KO had closed his Second Round halftime interview with, "We will outscore Villanova University in the second half and thereby win this game," even if it might have made Phil Mushnick or Nelson Muntz happier.

Reaction Score
Same shirt for all games (did not help at smu), but wanted to get shirt some mojo in AAC tourney and wore it 1st 2 games. Figured I needed real help against Louisville and went old school. That sucked, but wore same new shirt every game of NCAA.

Had a few molson Canadians left in my fridgee and drank those vs. St. joes. Made sure to have some every game since. Brought some to stadium Saturday and everyone in car had one. Will bring on Monday.

Have a bobble-head that someone gave me after 2004. Took off shelf and placed facing TV at half time of MSU. Has not moved since. Will be there until Tuesday, then back to shelf until next nc run.

Bought my tickets from same person as 2004. Worked then and so far so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom