What former UConn players or coaches would you like to see on RE v2.0's staff? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What former UConn players or coaches would you like to see on RE v2.0's staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Dorsey & Hargreaves ;)

Vernon lived on my floor in Hilltop - tremendous football player and great person. UCONN would be lucky to snag him back. Assume he can recruit Florida from his professional and familial connections . . . I'll also note that VH III's place of birth in his NFL bio has been corrected from Tampa, FL to Manchester, CT

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Wholley and Foley are on my list too. As for former players I mentioned DJ Hernandez in another thread but was told he is difficult to work with. I have absolutely no idea if that is true or not, but the man bled Husky blue and was the ultimate team-player. I'm not sure if he's still interested in coaching after his stint at Iowa, but if he is, I think Randy should gauge interest.

I never thought about it but when I saw someone mention Andre Dixon, I smiled. Guy always comes to spring games and I've seen him during games too. Came up for the Edsall presser as well. To say he bleeds Husky blue is an understatement. Always played with heart and handled split carries throughout his career pretty well (i.e. team player). Could certainly bring some enthusiasm and energy to the sidelines.

As I said before when he was brought up, I along with all who Bleed Blue will never forget what DJ did here but i just dont think it would be a good fit. there are three quotes from the article that medic shared that stand out the most.

"D.J. doesn’t give a damn about the money, and he doesn’t always do what he’s told, either. At 27 he has already checked off so many boxes for a successful coach: soaring ambition, relentless work ethic . . . failed marriage, disregard for material things . . . superior knowledge of the game . . . inflated sense of self."

"During one game he will speak out of turn and get chewed out by offensive line coach Brian Ferentz; when D.J. apologizes, Ferentz will tell him, “You don’t f------ listen!”"

I hadn't read these quotes when I said what I did I was just relaying what I had been told by someone who had been on staff with him.
in the first quote though like I said he has football knowledge that is surpassed by few, he knows football but can he work with the rest of the staff.

The last quote though is the most telling when it comes to the possibility of him returning to UConn.

" He went to a Hawkeyes game last fall to see how much he missed it all. He left at halftime, convinced that he will never want to coach again."

I truly wish him the best and as others have said that read the article it is very sad the life he has had to lead because of aarons actions. hopefully he can find peace in Texas and enjoy his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom