What former UConn players or coaches would you like to see on RE v2.0's staff? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What former UConn players or coaches would you like to see on RE v2.0's staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
The ones that can recruit P-5 caliber athletes. Not the ones busy flipping FCS caliber athletes.
Thanks for some meaningful input to the discussion. We have a coach that had 25 UConn layers on NFL rosters at one point. May not be P5, per your request, but NFL level.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Thanks for some meaningful input to the discussion. We have a coach that had 25 UConn layers on NFL rosters at one point. May not be P5, per your request, but NFL level.
Players

Reaction Score
This is different from other threads as it is specific to players or coaches who previously played at or coached at UConn!

I would like to see as QB coach, Dan O. He might take a pay cut to do it, and do more work than he does in the NFL. Linebackers coach either Scott Latrus or Andre Dixon...

Reaction Score
The ones that can recruit P-5 caliber athletes. Not the ones busy flipping FCS caliber athletes.

I'm confused. We shared the title for a BCS conference twice in Edsall's last 4 years. So did we have BCS athletes, or did we have a great coach who could compete in a BCS conference without BCS athletes?

The best I can tell your answer is "neither." That answer would make you an idiot because it ignores the FACT that we were competitive. Just sayin.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm confused. We shared the title for a BCS conference twice in Edsall's last 4 years. So did we have BCS athletes, or did we have a great coach who could compete in a BCS conference without BCS athletes?

The best I can tell your answer is "neither." That answer would make you an idiot because it ignores the FACT that we were competitive. Just sayin.

You can't reason with a Pasqualoni apologista.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I might be in the minority, but I would take Hank Hughes for the D-Line. He's been away from Nebraska for a year so he would probably come at a relatively good price. And he seems comfortable with working with Edsall, I think (unless there's a back story I don't know about).

I probably wouldn't make him the DC, but there's no reason he couldn't do a great job for the defensive front four...

Reaction Score
I might be in the minority, but I would take Hank Hughes for the D-Line. He's been away from Nebraska for a year so he would probably come at a relatively good price. And he seems comfortable with working with Edsall, I think (unless there's a back story I don't know about).

I probably wouldn't make him the DC, but there's no reason he couldn't do a great job for the defensive front four...
He was fired at Nebraska for a reason...I'll take a pass on him. IMHO if Edsall was gonna get the band back together for old times/feel good/warm & fuzzies it already would have happened. I doubt you see anyone from his old UConn staff on this one.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
He was fired at Nebraska for a reason...I'll take a pass on him. IMHO if Edsall was gonna get the band back together for old times/feel good/warm & fuzzies it already would have happened. I doubt you see anyone from his old UConn staff on this one.

From what I understand, he was fired primarily due to his lack of recruiting high caliber talent. I could be wrong about that. But from a football standpoint, I thought he had taken care of business...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Here's a little more about the lack of recruiting prowess, although I don't know the full story:

Husker assistant Hank Hughes won't return in 2016; Mike Riley targets 'great coach, teacher and recruiter'

He did a very good job for us, and he did a very good job for Cincy, which is what led to his Nebraska hiring. Take it for what it's worth...

Reaction Score
Here's a little more about the lack of recruiting prowess, although I don't know the full story:

Husker assistant Hank Hughes won't return in 2016; Mike Riley targets 'great coach, teacher and recruiter'

He did a very good job for us, and he did a very good job for Cincy, which is what led to his Nebraska hiring. Take it for what it's worth...
Thanks for posting that. I actually read that article a few weeks back...I wasn't a real big HH fan when he was here before.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
For those who haven't read this, it may shed some light on what "Jonathon" Hernandez may be thinking as far as to timing and coming back to CT. Aaron Hernandez’s brother retraces NFL star's path to murder.
Yeah this article is showing exactly why DJ will never return to coaching and likely never stay in CT outside of quick, incognito visits. Wish things worked out differently for the man but it seems like he's gotten himself on a good path and I wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Andre Dixon would be a good addition to the football culture here. He's is into weight training athletes these days. He could be the assistant to Balis or his replacement. He has a genuine passion for the program. The players would enthusiastically respond to his presence.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Matt Nuzie, special teams.

just kiddin'.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Matt Nuzie, special teams.

just kiddin'.

I would take Des Cullen or Robbie Frey for Special Teams coach if they were interested. Especially Robbie who was a heck of a gunner as well as returner.

Reaction Score
John Dorsey? Doubt he would leave being a CEO of the Chiefs...
Seriously, you actually artfully analyzed the possibility and came to such a cerebral conclusion? Upon further review, how do you feel about Vern leaving Arkansas? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Well the last I looked there was no "P-5" grouped conferences when Edsall last coached here and the coaches I'm talking about flipping kids from FCS schools would be the ones currently on the staff but don't let me interrupt your Randy Love Fest. Just sayin.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Cincinnati fans weren't sad to see him go. I thought he did a good job with defensive linemen here.

Could be. I'm not chomping on the bit for that addition; just thinking out loud. I would love for Edsall to steal Foley away from umass, but I'm somewhat indifferent about Hughes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom