What do you want to see from the Huskies this year? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What do you want to see from the Huskies this year?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In all honesty, this should be on a Christmas card with a bunch of Huskies in the snow on the front.

Idea.............Let's send Geno an early Christmas card with these wants/wishes, signed by everyone in the Boneyard, and provide a little early holiday cheer.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Idea...Let's send Geno an early Christmas card with these wants/wishes, signed by everyone in the Boneyard, and provide a little early holiday cheer.
Yea, I’m sure that’s exactly what Geno wants for Christmas. :rolleyes:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I want higher scoring and less fouling. I am looking forward to an undefeated season and another Championship.
Also, I can't wait to see what Geno and Chris have in store for Azura and Camara.

Reaction Score
This is how I want our opponents to feel when they meet us face-to-face on the court. And it begins with Stanford. Show no mercy.

o-the-exorcist-570.jpg
The game must be sold out because I got an email from Ohio State asking if I wanted to put my ticket up on their ticket exchange.

Reaction Score
I want to see the team playing up to the program standards. If they are playing hard and competitive, everything else will fall into place.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
An S16 game against Tennessee en route to our 7th undefeated season.
I would also like to see a matchup between the Huskies and the Lady Vols, but I suspect TN will have an up & down season, with a strong possibility they don’t make it to the Sweet 16.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Right now I would just like to see a report on the practices so far. I know there has to be some BY-er that has been to the practices and can give us something to chew on.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Right now I would just like to see a report on the practices so far. I know there has to be some BY-er that has been to the practices and can give us something to chew on.
There has been an extreme dearth of info on the practices and recruit visits. For today, I'd take a simple confirmation that Christyn and Olivia actually were on campus.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I want to see more players get minutes this season. Why?

A) It means there are more kids who Geno can trust.
B) Being Geno-trusted means that kid is pretty darned good.
C) It means we are deeper. Nobody has to play hurt.
D) Depth makes UConn harder (much harder) to defend.
E) It could mean that the younger players have developed more quickly than expected.
F) More players equals more fun.

Reaction Score
What do I want to see from the Huskys this year? I would like to see them all run well and complete an injury free Iditarod.
I suppose I should have added a drug free contest as well. It appears some dogs did not pass the post run drug test. I suppose that should be no surprise about a team driven by Lance Armstrong. lol.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I want to see them on the other side of the bracket until the final game :cool:

Plus with all the injuries in the last couple of days, I want no more I tell you , NO more.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have a very simple want..........................I want to see this team replicate the record and accomplishments of the 2015-2016 team. Undefeated, national champion, winning all games by double digits. And no injuries or transfers.

Reaction Score
I know, oldude. And I take the sarcasm face of your statement, too.
it is frustrating that the coaches don't really hammer this into Lou, because it would make her a far greater pro--not to mention that last year she was the tallest UConn player on the court in a season when they were seriously vertically challenged. Her lack of rebounding put enormous pressure on Gabby and Pheesa. . . Now that Z and Batouly have joined the club, there is far less pressure on Lou to fight for rebounds, and that is really her loss going forward.

I think the coaches do hammer her as much as they can but Geno said last year during a point late in the season that the team didn't foul much because they couldn't afford to. They didn't have much a bench. And with Lou - we're caught in a quandary. She doesn't have a strong lower base, doesn't have a strong upper body or arms and doesn't have a lot of quickness. So with all of this, plus we need her on the wing and she has to work on ball-handling and her quickness, how much do you expect over her 1st 2 years? Yet we had a small team last year and were pretty awesome. SO it's not like other than a rare game we got wiped out on the glass.

I think potentially this year it could be worse for Lou because we have so many good athletes and rebounders, if she only gets 1 rebound in a few straight games, it's highly possible he'll bench her vs a poor team or more highlighting just what you're saying. Don't think last year he could have afforded to do that.

My favorite type of players are shooters that can score and were real good passing. Which is why DT and Maya (and Bird and MoJeff and Ralph) were players I loved to watch the most. I agree with you I want to watch Lou get tougher like Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. I still think it can be done even if we now have more rebounding. To round out her game would be awesome if she could be tougher. But she also needs to keep working on her wing play. There will be a lot of tall players that can guard her too and I want to see her become unstoppable offensively vs small and tall players.

Reaction Score
I think the coaches do hammer her as much as they can but Geno said last year during a point late in the season that the team didn't foul much because they couldn't afford to. They didn't have much a bench. And with Lou - we're caught in a quandary. She doesn't have a strong lower base, doesn't have a strong upper body or arms and doesn't have a lot of quickness. So with all of this, plus we need her on the wing and she has to work on ball-handling and her quickness, how much do you expect over her 1st 2 years? Yet we had a small team last year and were pretty awesome. SO it's not like other than a rare game we got wiped out on the glass.

I think potentially this year it could be worse for Lou because we have so many good athletes and rebounders, if she only gets 1 rebound in a few straight games, it's highly possible he'll bench her vs a poor team or more highlighting just what you're saying. Don't think last year he could have afforded to do that.

My favorite type of players are shooters that can score and were real good passing. Which is why DT and Maya (and Bird and MoJeff and Ralph) were players I loved to watch the most. I agree with you I want to watch Lou get tougher like Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. I still think it can be done even if we now have more rebounding. To round out her game would be awesome if she could be tougher. But she also needs to keep working on her wing play. There will be a lot of tall players that can guard her too and I want to see her become unstoppable offensively vs small and tall players.
awesome post! Helped me understand a lot...thanks.

Reaction Score
Here are some wishes:

1-- Collier to be able to be a better ballhandler and shooter off the dribble on the wing so she could set up more players while being unstoppable inside and out.
2-- For Gabby to be able to shoot the ball better not only from ft line but to be able to knock down 3 pt shots. Thus I want her to be a "triple-threat for 3."
3-- For Lou to get tougher and quicker in all phases of the game while being unstoppable from getting off a clear shot anytime she wants. There are some players that can get in her face right nwo and slow her down.
4-- For Kia Nurse to get quicker - offense and defense- and to have a much, much, much better mid-range game which would make her passing that much better.
5-- For Danger - to be much better over all facets of the game. I thought her defense, and outside shooting were bad and her decsion making not too good either. Probably "poor" too.
------
I don't know about the others enough. I'll just add I want AZ and Boutry to be both tough, quick enough and make solid decisions without being bricklayers and hands of stone.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I want to see
-Every UConn player is healthy, injure free and happy.
-Every BYer and his/her family are healthy and happy.
And world peace? Are you running for Miss America? ;)

Reaction Score
I am a little surprised a couple have mentioned 3pt shooting for Gabby. I mean the team already we have two of the best 3pt shooters in Kia and KLS and Collier has shown consistency from outside as well, so if we need a big to spread the floor, it should be her. Someone has to rebound the ball (unless we never miss)?

I really hope she has been focusing primarily on 15 footers. If she has more confidence in the shot, combined with her court vision and athleticism, it will make her an even bigger nightmare for opponents. In time, she can add more to her game, like 3pt shooting, but it is not something I would expect to see this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom