What do you want to see from the Huskies this year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What do you want to see from the Huskies this year?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For me the best moment of any championship season is not the floor celebration or the net cutting but when, with one or two or (hopefully) three or more minutes remaining in the title game, Geno substitutes for his seniors--in this case Gabby and Kia--and brings them off the court for that final hug, symbolizing not only the appreciation he feels for another championship but for the love and gratitude he has for those players and the contribution they made to the program. That's always a goose bump and tearful moment for me.
And someone like Poly drains a 15 footer from the baseline causing the team to go crazy and CD to do 42” vertical in heels.....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Triple like. What are you trying to do? I have things to do today, now I'm welling up.

Reaction Score
As I view us all as Huskies

I want health and happiness for all

I want a successful and injury free season

I want to see Geno speechless

I want to continue to see excellent basketball

I want Gabby to show her hard work and knock down threes

I want to see fans support the team without constantly being negative about 1/2 players i.e. Maybe Bags can make a post without making a dig at Lou her rebounding increased during the tournament and she usually gets rebounds when we need her to especially from the position she plays for the team.

Oh and world peace.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I want to hear Kia bring her sharpest tongue and razor wit to the normally boring post game interviews.

Geno doesn't like the competition. However, any time she rains 9 3s she'll be there.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As I view us all as Huskies

I want health and happiness for all

I want a successful and injury free season

I want to see Geno speechless

I want to continue to see excellent basketball

I want Gabby to show her hard work and knock down threes

I want to see fans support the team without constantly being negative about 1/2 players i.e. Maybe Bags can make a post without making a dig at Lou her rebounding increased during the tournament and she usually gets rebounds when we need her to especially from the position she plays for the team.

Oh and world peace.
In all honesty, this should be on a Christmas card with a bunch of Huskies in the snow on the front.

Reaction Score
I want there to be harmony among Husky team mates and for Geno and staff to produce the most impressive team integration and plaayer development in the history of WCBB, to the point that not only will the stain of the semi will be gone, but there will be no question that the capitol of WCBB is unquestionably Storrs.

PS. Williams, ONO and Boston.
It’s obviously the capital already. Another undefeated NC would just broaden the gap between EVERY other program.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It’s obviously the capital already. Another undefeated NC would just broaden the gap between EVERY other program.

True, but some see cracks in the dome; there will be none seeing cracks come April.

Reaction Score
To be honest, never even thought of them. In my mind, the loss was such a fluke and had such a david / goliath feel to it that I do not consider them to be a real threat. If they make it to the NC, I would feel differently but I do not think they can really do it. I know they are preseason ranked high (6 by some) but I do not see the miraculous Morgan William story repeating itself. Also, never a real fan of Victoria Vivians (major volume streak shooter) and no way any center including Teaira McCowan will dominate us like last year with our new depth.
I wouldn’t say it was a fluke. It was simply that State was ready to play and the huskies were not.

Reaction Score
I've stated before the ONLY thing I wish for in preseason is an injury and illness free season! Then let the chips fall where they may.
If every player can remain injury and illness free the athletic abilities and coaching staff will take over and the level of success will be always be awesome!

Reaction Score
Just catching up with this thread. To me, barring injuries, chemistry is the big issue, so I'd like to see a team that obviously enjoys playing together. I'm hoping Geno can get the players the minutes they deserve, and that they all stay healthy. In terms of team style, nothing's better than defense when all the players are "on" and really getting after their opponents. And I'd like to see a team whose offense develops the kind of sophistication that the coaches (and fans) expect.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
This is how I want our opponents to feel when they meet us face-to-face on the court. And it begins with Stanford. Show no mercy.

o-the-exorcist-570.jpg

Reaction Score
This is how I want our opponents to feel when they meet us face-to-face on the court. And it begins with Stanford. Show no mercy.

o-the-exorcist-570.jpg
Haha - "Tara, what an excellent day for an exorcism...."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A lot of solid sideline reporting and plenty of Geno shows in HD.
Is there any particular sideline reporter you’re hoping to see? :rolleyes:

No need to belabor the obvious by answering my rhetorical question.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
I want to see four solid quarters of basketball every game. Pedal to the metal straight through to the end. No more quarters where the opponent outscores UConn.

I want to see the transfers shine and the freshmen earn significant minutes by mid-season.

I want it all.

"Greed is good."

Reaction Score
It also love to see some mean. We know uconn will rout 90% of the teams they play and it's ok to have some dimples shining. But I want to see some grit and KI. When we need to bare down, get intense and operate in the half court I want to succeed there.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I want to see four solid quarters of basketball every game. Pedal to the metal straight through to the end. No more quarters where the opponent outscores UConn.

I want to see the transfers shine and the freshmen earn significant minutes by mid-season.

I want it all.

"Greed is good."
Thank you for your input Mr. Gecko.

Reaction Score
I want to see Geno lose his mind at least 5x this year even though the team is winning by 30.
I want to see Crystal Dangerfield step up and become not Moriah, but Renee in all of her glory.
I want a free season ticket.
I want the Husky's to have 5 first team AA's and two second team's.
I want Geno to say each of his incoming freshmen are practicing and playing with effort like he's rarely seen.
And that each of them will be a future AA.
I want to see the Geno dance with the cut net draped around his head and shoulders this April.
I want to see another UConn national title this year inspire record numbers of national monies donated to the University of Connecticut.
I want to see ONO, Williams, Brunnelle, Boston, and Bueckers in Husky blue and on the floor at the same time.
I want Geno to come out in favor of free Starbucks for every Husky fan for life.
I want Stevens to say she'll return next year after winning this years MOP.
I want Steven A. Smith to admit WCBB is exciting and is played by world class athletes.
I want Tom Brady to attend a few games this year.
All 13 requests shall be granted

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom