What Do We Do In Practice? | The Boneyard

What Do We Do In Practice?

Reaction Score
Couple nice slips to the hoop but we need some offensive creativity and guys who aren’t afraid to break off a play and shoot a high percentage shot

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
How about on the biggest possession of the game we can’t even get a good look. Out of a timeout too. This is becoming way too common. DH can recruit and motivate, but he’s bad at X’s and O’s. Loved the effort though. With Martin and Adamo back we will be scary.

Reaction Score
If there is a coach out there that can get the same recruits we’re getting now and can coach against a terrible WVU offense for an easy win, I’ all aboard. Really. How much of a leash will we continue to give DH. He cannot coach.
Here we go! It’s all the coaches fault. How many threes did Villanova brick last night? Should they also fire jay wright because the kids couldn’t shoot last night! Maybe you wanna be the coach?

Reaction Score
We always look nervous and jittery..panicky. All of those type of things. There’s no calming presence. Besides only having one player with above average dribbling skills, our talent is elite. The execution is horrible.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Imagine watching the progression of this team, being ranked 13 in the country, in the road without your two best players, shooting 3/23 and thinking this is a coaching problem. LOL

Reaction Score
If there is a coach out there that can get the same recruits we’re getting now and can coach against a terrible WVU offense for an easy win, I’ all aboard. Really. How much of a leash will we continue to give DH. He cannot coach.
Get out of here with this nonsense. They shot 3-23 from three and almost all of them were good, open looks.

Reaction Score
Nobody wanted to shoot, and when they took wide open shots they missed. Not much more to it than that
There's a lot more to it than that I'm afraid. My confidence is totally shot in any type of close game where we have the lead. Not able to extend the lead, not able to hold onto the lead, not able to run anything for easy scores, taking the hot hand out...

Reaction Score
We practice a million dumb sets that don’t work. Gee West Virginia is going to pressure us. Instead of take the ball to the hoop and get fouled, let’s jack 21 threes! The only one that can dribble on this team is Cole.

Reaction Score
Imagine watching the progression of this team, being ranked 13 in the country, in the road without your two best players, shooting 3/23 and thinking this is a coaching problem.
Do they shoot in practice? It seems like everyone is being forced to shoot in the game, no one seems like they want to outside of Cole. All around troubling trend...very panicky on offense

Reaction Score
There's a lot more to it than that I'm afraid. My confidence is totally shot in any type of close game where we have the lead. Not able to extend the lead, not able to hold onto the lead, not able to run anything for easy scores, taking the hot hand out...
We took out Cole up 5 when we had all the momentum. It was idiotic.

Reaction Score
I'll give you taking out the hot hand like Cole tonight. The rest of the concerns don't really resonate with me

Reaction Score
We took out Cole up 5 when we had all the momentum. It was idiotic.
Hurley is the cooler, he's done this over and over. Cole is on fire, he yanks him. Hawkins is on fire, he yanks him. Sanogo is feasting, he yanks him. It's like he has these set times to take players out and pays no attention to what's happening on the court.

Reaction Score
We always look nervous and jittery..panicky. All of those type of things. There’s no calming presence. Besides only having one player with above average dribbling skills, our talent is elite. The execution is horrible.
This - even our drives to the rim often feel more like fleeing pressure rather than assertive moves.

Same goes for our shooting tonight - many seemed to go up a half step quick/rushed even when "open".

Reaction Score
It isn't just this game. It's a pattern. Hurley obviously can't make wide-open 3s for the guys on any given night. But The reality is that Hurley doesn't have the flexibility and quick thinking to coach games with the big guns. Huggins outcoached him late in this game. It is what it is. I've looked up the stats before... his record in games in the last 5 minutes or OT is abysmal. Anyone not willing to admit that isn't watching close enough or doesn't know ball.

Reaction Score
We practice a million dumb sets that don’t work. Gee West Virginia is going to pressure us. Instead of take the ball to the hoop and get fouled, let’s jack 21 threes! The only one that can dribble on this team is Cole.
The problem is that we rarely draw fouls when going to the hoop.

Reaction Score
I think this is accurate…I’m satisfied when late possessions end up in a shot that hits the rim.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom