what cant a huskie fan miss in Connecticut ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

what cant a huskie fan miss in Connecticut ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Go up to Springfield to the basketball Hall of Fame.

If you decide to head up to Springfield and if you are into old forms of transportation like trolley cars, you might want to stop in at the Connecticut Trolley Museum - it's on the way from Hartford to Springfield off Interstate 91. http://www.ct-trolley.org/

Reaction Score
Mystic Seaport and Gillette Castle might interest you-check their websites. if you like scenic drives, take the back roads between Storrs and the coast-through Windham Center, Lebanon, etc.
One of the highlights of my trips back to Ct was a cheeseburger at The Shady Glen in Manchester.

Question to everyone, are they still doing the unique thing with the cheese?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Mystic Seaport and Gillette Castle might interest you-check their websites. if you like scenic drives, take the back roads between Storrs and the coast-through Windham Center, Lebanon, etc.
One of the highlights of my trips back to Ct was a cheeseburger at The Shady Glen in Manchester.

yep, still draped over the sides.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Oh my - Shady Glen is a blast from the past - those cheeseburgers with the crisped cheese were great, but the biggest treat was that was the first place I knew of that made Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream which used to be my favorite. Didn't get there often, but it was always a treat. Didn't know they were still in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom