What are the odds KLS/Collier go undefeated while at Connecticut? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What are the odds KLS/Collier go undefeated while at Connecticut?

What are the odds KLS/Collier have perfect careers?

• 0-20%

Votes: 48 32.7%
  • 21-40%

Votes: 23 15.6%
  • 41-60%

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • 61-80%

Votes: 25 17.0%
  • 81-100%

Votes: 30 20.4%

• Total voters

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
bballnut 90, so Gordon and Hunter don't figure into your rotation?
Everyone will likely get a lot of playing time, but in big games I think Geno chops the rotation at seven. Similar to how Gabby Williams didn't see meaningful minutes in big games as a freshman but was given opportunity to develop in less competitive AAC games.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
So many things can happen that I put it at 21-40. A flu epidemic, injury to key player or players, a lid on the basket for an entire game (like the one during the first half of the notorious Stanford game), etc. Barring such incidents, I think they go undefeated. The problem is that you can't out of hand bar such incidents.

Reaction Score
I'm in the "it could well go pear shaped" school, either bad shooting or illness or injury. But just to say on the other side, that the bench will be extremely deep and talented, and Geno can throw in a whole lot of competitive players against the all-mighty pear. It is, frankly, my fear that if UConn gets through this year undefeated, it could run the streak to ~200. That's so hard for me to imagine that I honestly don't think that's a good thing. But if it comes to that, I might change my mind: could be a great thing if the media handles it right.

Reaction Score
I went with 0% to 20%. If I had to put a number on it, I would say 10%. I would bump that to 20% if you could assure me no major injuries and Stevens will complete her eligibility.

This year I'm not too worried about SC (although I wouldn't be shocked if we lose). The one team that worries me is Baylor. They are playing really, really well--way better than when we beat them in November. I'd like to think we would beat Baylor in a best of seven but I wouldn't be real confident of that.

An optimistic take is that if Stevens plays two years then UConn will next year and the year after have a dominant roster the likes of which we've only seen around half a dozen times. All but one have produced an undefeated season, 2001 being the obvious exception.

Reaction Score
As a WBB and Uconn fan I would love to see them go undefeated. They deserve it I think they are the 2 best players in NCAAW as sophomores carrying a team that lost the big 3 is a tall task but their showing how hard they want to win. Day in, night out they be bussin their a off. I see the desire in them that they want to keep the tradition going which is scarily awesome because they have 2 more years left But let's get threw this season first because we have to come to reality if players get injured or players transfer. But in the meantime 2017 lets go dogs!!!

Reaction Score
In the words of DT, you better get kls this year because she will be an elite player the next 2yrs.

If KLS breaks kml's 3point record, passes stewie on the all time uconn scoring list and wins 4 NCs while going undefeated all 4 yrs will she be considered a greater player than stewie?

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In the words of DT, you better get kls this year because she will be an elite player the next 2yrs.
Not to disagree with DT, but it's already too late to get Lou...

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

If KLS breaks kml's 3point record, passes stewie on the all time uconn scoring list and wins 4 NCs while going undefeated all 4 yrs will she be considered a greater player than stewie?

I don't think so. Stewart's greatness derives from her ability to show up in big games and her really unique skill set as a 6-4 dominant inside out player. KLS doesn't have the length or defensive prowess that Stewart does, nor the developed inside game that Stewart had. In Stewart's senior year, she was almost like a Griner 2.0 defensively and a Parker 2.0 offensively but with more range. She was ridiculous. KLS will never have that skill set.

KLS is great and will probably go down as one of the best to put on a Huskie jersey, but in greatness, she's more like a better version of KML than Stewart IMO.

Both players are "hampered" by being surrounded by great players relative to Moore and DT. I'm also not so sure that Collier doesn't have an equivalent claim to KLS in terms of greatness.

KLS isn't leading the troops ala DT or Maya, but she's one of a few great players on her team that play well together. She doesn't emerge as the obvious crown centerpiece of her team like Moore/Stewart did while at Connecticut. For that, I don't think she'll be on par with Moore/Stewart/DT, but both her and Collier could be in a class of their own just below those 3 when they graduate from Storrs. If they keep their numbers up and keep winning.

Reaction Score
^ so your comparing stewies numbers as a senior to kls as a sophomore? As i recall stewies defense and inside game was the same as kls as a sophmore with dolson and stokes taking care of the paint.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, what are the odds you think they'll have undefeated careers?
office-no.gif

My god man, have you no respect for the mojo whatsoever?!

Reaction Score
What is it that I hear so often about Baylor's depth? Only 5 can play at a time?

Next season I will put Baylor's starting 5 up against any team in the nation: Brown, Cox, Wallace, Morris and Richards. That is my guess for the starting 5, but it there is also Mompremier, Cohen, Chou and Ursin to consider. Ursin is probably going to be the surprise of the team. There are 6 McDAAs plus Wallace, who would have been a MCDAA, like Nurse would have, had she grown up in the states.

We can all look forward to one or more great games next season (Baylor vs. UConn)!!!

Reaction Score
As a WBB and Uconn fan I would love to see them go undefeated. They deserve it I think they are the 2 best players in NCAAW as sophomores carrying a team that lost the big 3 is a tall task but their showing how hard they want to win. Day in, night out they be bussin their a off. I see the desire in them that they want to keep the tradition going which is scarily awesome because they have 2 more years left But let's get threw this season first because we have to come to reality if players get injured or players transfer. But in the meantime 2017 lets go dogs!!!
Good post, but who cares! UConn is all about National Championships, not streaks.

Reaction Score
Well, Rebecca, Sue, Breanna, Maya, and Diana, all experienced some Ls. KLS and napheesa will too. It just won't be very many :)

But ULA will defeat UConn. That's the University of the Law of Averages.
As you accumulate more and more wins -the probability of a loss gets greater--but probability calculations have been known to be wrong--you are working with people--not dice!!

Reaction Score
^ so your comparing stewies numbers as a senior to kls as a sophomore? As i recall stewies defense and inside game was the same as kls as a sophmore with dolson and stokes taking care of the paint.

No way. Not even close. There is a reason why Stewie had over 100 blocks her soph year. It wasn't because she was defending out on the wing like Lou is doing. I think you need to go back and check out that March 2014 highlight when Stewart rand down that Rutgers player.

Reaction Score
As you accumulate more and more wins -the probability of a loss gets greater--but probability calculations have been known to be wrong--you are working with people--not dice!!
Not true

Reaction Score

No disrespect to KLS, but she won't be greater than DT or Maya.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No disrespect to KLS, but she won't be greater than DT or Maya.
Agreed. As I said when she signed, KLS has the chance to get into the Bird, Charles, Lobo, Abrosimova, Jefferson, level. But not the DT/Stewart/Moore level.

And if she does, I'll take it. :D

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No way! Stewie could and did dominate multiple seasons both defensively & offensively. KLS is gifted offensively but has yet to dominate offensively except for a few games & and I don't see the makings of a dominating defender.

How quickly they forget!
Sophomore Stewie 110 blocks and 63 Steals, 8.1 Rebounds/Game
Sophomore KLS (so far) 6 blocks, 23 Steals, 4.2 Rebounds/Game
There is and should never be any comparison.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Agreed. As I said when she signed, KLS has the chance to get into the Bird, Charles, Lobo, Abrosimova, Jefferson, level. But not the DT/Stewart/Moore level.

And if she does, I'll take it. :D
I think that Lou is playing at the Charles/Lobo/Bird/Abrosimova level now. If she builds on that, she may move to the top tier or maybe create her own level just below the iconic three. Along with the Bird at the Buzzer game, Diana's magical game against Tennessee with a 70' bomb and 3-pointer at the end of regulation, Stewie's NC game on a sprained ankle, and a few of Maya's games, Lou has one of the standout performances in UConn history in the Maryland barf game. Lou's stats are not as broad as Stewie's, but her defense has really picked up in the past month or so. I don't want to put a limit on Lou by saying that she will not be at the Diana/Maya/Stewie level. Her level has yet to be determined. I don't expect her to match Maya's 3,036 points, but Lou could finish as the most versatile scorer in UConn history and even pass the great Stewie's totals. Lou has played 1.5 seasons. She will get better, maybe much, much better.

With regard to the others, I sometimes think that Moriah deserves her own level. Though she was a 2-time AA and 2-time Lieberman Award winner, I think that understates her value. Mo made plays that no one else could make. Pressing UConn was futile. She got almost every loose ball in her area. She scored when she needed to and shot a ridiculously high percentage. She ran the offense and even told the great Stewie what to do. She broke the career assists mark and was the National Defensive Player of the Year. Moriah could take over games like only Stewie, Diana, and Maya could.

Reaction Score

Breanna lead the team in blocks as freshman and as a sophomore. As a sophomore Breanna has 110 block and 63 steals.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I put maya in a separate category as she is not only the greatest to play at uconn but imo the greatest wbb player of all time. As far as stewie i put her ahead of DT. How many times has DT had over a 100 blocks? In no way was stewie the best shot blocker or rebounder to play for uconn, that would be stokes.
According to geno stewie was not a good defender her first 2 yrs so who would know better then him? He says that about all his players throughout their career at uconn.

Reaction Score
Not true
Two or More Events
We can calculate the chances of two or more independent events by multiplying the chances.

Example: Probability of 3 Heads in a Row
For each toss of a coin a "Head" has a probability of 0.5:

probability-coin-hhh.gif

And so the chance of getting 3 Heads in a row is 0.125

Replace Heads with Wins---you have your answer
However you are (semi) correct in that--in any given game the probability remains 50 =50
you may win or you may lose.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here's a better way to phase a similar question, without testing the mojo so dangerously: Which class will have the fewer losses over 4 years--Saniya and Tierney or Lou and Napheesa?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think that Lou is playing at the Charles/Lobo/Bird/Abrosimova level now. If she builds on that, she may move to the top tier or maybe create her own level just below the iconic three. Along with the Bird at the Buzzer game, Diana's magical game against Tennessee with a 70' bomb and 3-pointer at the end of regulation, Stewie's NC game on a sprained ankle, and a few of Maya's games, Lou has one of the standout performances in UConn history in the Maryland barf game. Lou's stats are not as broad as Stewie's, but her defense has really picked up in the past month or so. I don't want to put a limit on Lou by saying that she will not be at the Diana/Maya/Stewie level. Her level has yet to be determined. I don't expect her to match Maya's 3,036 points, but Lou could finish as the most versatile scorer in UConn history and even pass the great Stewie's totals. Lou has played 1.5 seasons. She will get better, maybe much, much better.

With regard to the others, I sometimes think that Moriah deserves her own level. Though she was a 2-time AA and 2-time Lieberman Award winner, I think that understates her value. Mo made plays that no one else could make. Pressing UConn was futile. She got almost every loose ball in her area. She scored when she needed to and shot a ridiculously high percentage. She ran the offense and even told the great Stewie what to do. She broke the career assists mark and was the National Defensive Player of the Year. Moriah could take over games like only Stewie, Diana, and Maya could.

Milford, you just unwittingly named the Maryland game for all time: "The Barf Game". Like the "Music City Miracle" game in the NFL. If you're a pro football fan, you remember that game and why it got that designation. The "Barf" game is one most UConn fans will remember for years to come. We'll remember who it was against, and how & why it got its name..........and that we won. Way to go Milford!!! :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom