What are the odds KLS/Collier go undefeated while at Connecticut? | The Boneyard

What are the odds KLS/Collier go undefeated while at Connecticut?

What are the odds KLS/Collier have perfect careers?

• 0-20%

Votes: 48 32.7%
  • 21-40%

Votes: 23 15.6%
  • 41-60%

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • 61-80%

Votes: 25 17.0%
  • 81-100%

Votes: 30 20.4%

• Total voters

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
As crazy as it seems, I'll be stunned if they lose a game over the next 2.5 seasons. The future if women's basketball is looking awfully dim for all of us non UCONN fans. UCONN is coming off losing the top 3 picks in the WNBA draft and has been the standout number 1 team all year, and appears to be the heavy favorite to complete a 2nd consecutive undefeated season. The scary thing is, this year appears to be the best chance for a non-UCONN team to win it all for at least the next 3 seasons.

The only teams who I think have a fighting chance against Connecticut are Florida State, Baylor, and Maryland...and that's only because they put up good fights in the first go around and have talented rosters who can compete with UCONN. That said, I think it is pretty unlikely anybody knocks off UCONN this year.

Nobody appears to have rosters that can compete with UCONN in 2018 and 2019. I personally think it is pretty much a shoe-in that UCONN wins both titles undefeated again. This is all barring injuries/transfers, but realistically, no one is going to touch the Huskies if Geno is coaching both of those seasons. Look at how top heavy these squads are:
2017-18:
F/C-Stevens (Jr) (POY Candidate)
F-Collier (Jr) (POY Candidate)
F-Samuelson (Jr) (POY Candidate)
F-Williams (Sr) (POY Candidate)
G-Nurse (Sr) (AA Candidate)
G-Dangerfield (So) (Remember the jump Jefferson made in her sophomore year)
F-Walker (Fr) (#1 recruit)
F/C-Camara (So)

No one is going to touch this team. This team has 5 legitimate All-American candidates, plus Megan Walker off the bench. It's a crapshoot of who voters think is the teams best player or obvious POY candidate. It's basically this year's version with an extra year of experience, plus the top recruit in the country and a NPOY candidate transfer. This could potentially be the best team Geno has ever produced.

2018-19:
F/C-Stevens (Sr) (POY Candidate)
F-Collier (Sr) (POY Candidate)
F-Samuelson (Sr) (POY Candidate)
G-Coombs (So)
C-C. Collier (Fr)
G-Dangerfield (Jr)
F-Walker (So) (Likely will be an AA Candidate)
F/C-Camara (Jr)

No one is going to touch this team either. KLS/Collier/Stevens are going to be seniors. Megan Walker will be a starter as a sophomore. Baylor, Louisville, Notre Dame and Texas look like the best of the rest talent wise, but none appear to have talent remotely comparable to Connecticut's.

So, what are the odds you think they'll have undefeated careers?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, Rebecca, Sue, Breanna, Maya, and Diana, all experienced some Ls. KLS and napheesa will too. It just won't be very many :)

But ULA will defeat UConn. That's the University of the Law of Averages.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
As crazy as it seems, I'll be stunned if they lose a game over the next 2.5 seasons. The future if women's basketball is looking awfully dim for all of us non UCONN fans. UCONN is coming off losing the top 3 picks in the WNBA draft and has been the standout number 1 team all year, and appears to be the heavy favorite to complete a 2nd consecutive undefeated season. The scary thing is, this year appears to be the best chance for a non-UCONN team to win it all for at least the next 3 seasons.

The only teams who I think have a fighting chance against Connecticut are Florida State, Baylor, and Maryland...and that's only because they put up good fights in the first go around and have talented rosters who can compete with UCONN. That said, I think it is pretty unlikely anybody knocks off UCONN this year.

Nobody appears to have rosters that can compete with UCONN in 2018 and 2019. I personally think it is pretty much a shoe-in that UCONN wins both titles undefeated again. This is all barring injuries/transfers, but realistically, no one is going to touch the Huskies if Geno is coaching both of those seasons. Look at how top heavy these squads are:
2017-18:
F/C-Camara (So)

No one is going to touch this team. This team has 5 legitimate All-American candidates, plus Megan Walker off the bench. It's a crapshoot of who voters think is the teams best player or obvious POY candidate. It's basically this year's version with an extra year of experience, plus the top recruit in the country and a NPOY candidate transfer. This could potentially be the best team Geno has ever produced.

2018-19:
G-Coombs (So)
C-C. Collier (Fr)
G-Dangerfield (Jr)
F/C-Camara (Jr)

No one is going to touch this team either. KLS/Collier/Stevens are going to be seniors. Megan Walker will be a starter as a sophomore. Baylor, Louisville, Notre Dame and Texas look like the best of the rest talent wise, but none appear to have talent remotely comparable to Connecticut's.

It is not a sure thing that Azura will return for the 2018-19 season. She may follow in Morgan Tuck's footsteps and leave for the WNBA after she graduates in the spring of 2018.

If that happens, UConn's front court will again be a little thin -- it's unlikely that Charlie Collier will be heavily relied on as a freshman. But Napheesa Collier, Batouly, and maybe Megan Walker may be able to fill the void.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Umm, not that I am supersticious, however could we enjoy this year first and make sure we win the NC (most likely against Baylor). Then, this summer we can postulate things that could be. Looking forward to the next 10 games, especially SC!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
While we Uconn fans have reason to believe in the ability to created undefeated seasons, and to even string two together, there are just too many chances for it to go pear shaped on some night. Stanford has proved that a few times, Villanova proved it once, TN another time. I am not ready to pronounce this year will end undefeated or in an NC, let alone two years on top of that.
And teams are delicate things - GMs in the professional sports find that time and again when they put together a 'dream team' in the off season, only to find it in total collapse by the midway point of the next season. Who knows how the large roster, almost half of whom will be donning game jerseys for the first time will gel - maybe Lawlor the least significant of this years roster is actually the 'butterfly wing beating in China' that has created the current magic and her departure through some weird alchemy will take that magic with her.
I do not rate the chance at zero, but it is closer to zero than the upper end of that first choice you supplied. Could it happen, yes, but the probability is very small.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Get back to me when The Music stops. Then we'll talk.

Reaction Score
ANYTHING can happen if they run into a team that shoots well.

Look at Stanford's roster when they beat UConn a few years ago. That Stanford team had 0 Top 10 recruits, where as UConn had a SR KML, JR Stewert, Jefferson, etc. Now, is it likely they will lose? Probably not, but a bad game/injuries from UCONN and a hot shooting night from a well coached team, and upsets can happen.

Reaction Score
I think what we're saying is that IF they go undefeated this year (the necessary precondition) and IF Z (formerly known as AZ) stays 2 years

THEN: the odds are pretty good to good, depending on the circumstances of injuries and just running into a team that's suddenly playing way over its head

Reaction Score
IF we can get by this year undefeated, I give them a 50 % chance to do the same the following 2 years. That would put the winning streak at over 200.
Note: edited because I have trouble reading !

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
IF we can get by this year undefeated, I give them a 50 % chance to do the same the following 2 years. That would put the winning streak at over 200.
Note: edited because I have trouble reading !
I have them at 50/50 this year, and more like 80/20 for the next 2 years after the cavalry arrives. If I recall contingent probability correctly that should calculate to a 32% overall probability.

Reaction Score
Let's see. 22 more wins this year to go undefeated and approximately 38 in each of the 2 seasons after that. 98 more consecutive wins. 189 in a row. Possible? Sure. Probable? Not so much. Likely? Murphy says NO! I said 61-80% and I was just being a fan with my rose colored glasses firmly hooked behind my ears.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

2017-18:
F/C-Camara (So)

2018-19:
G-Coombs (So)
C-C. Collier (Fr)
G-Dangerfield (Jr)
F/C-Camara (Jr)

What is it that I hear so often about Baylor's depth? Only 5 can play at a time?

Next season I will put Baylor's starting 5 up against any team in the nation: Brown, Cox, Wallace, Morris and Richards. That is my guess for the starting 5, but it there is also Mompremier, Cohen, Chou and Ursin to consider. Ursin is probably going to be the surprise of the team. There are 6 McDAAs plus Wallace, who would have been a MCDAA, like Nurse would have, had she grown up in the states.

Reaction Score
What is it that I hear so often about Baylor's depth? Only 5 can play at a time?

Next season I will put Baylor's starting 5 up against any team in the nation: Brown, Cox, Wallace, Morris and Richards. That is my guess for the starting 5, but it there is also Mompremier, Cohen, Chou and Ursin to consider. Ursin is probably going to be the surprise of the team. There are 6 McDAAs plus Wallace, who would have been a MCDAA, like Nurse would have, had she grown up in the states.

The difference between the two teams is highlighted in your very post.
You have a very good freshman (#16 Richards) in Baylor's starting lineup.
UConn will have the #1 ranked recruit
(Walker) on the bench.

Reaction Score
Quite simple to me. If it's going to happen it is going to be this year. Period. That means a loss to South Carolina or in the final four. I think either is unlikely but cannot yet rule it out.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Quite simple to me. If it's going to happen it is going to be this year. Period. That means a loss to South Carolina or in the final four. I think either is unlikely but cannot yet rule it out.
I largely agree, though a bizarre game can happen at any time. It's preposterous to even ask this question under most circumstances, but I've been wondering the exact same thing.

Reaction Score
I don't believe I have ever encountered a bigger karma killing thread than this one. We are UConn, we don't need threads like this. The next loss is on the OP.

Very funny. :)

Do you know that the OP is a Tennessee fan?

She'd probably welcome it "to be on her."

Reaction Score

You're joking, right? You're backcourt is made up a freshmen.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

You can put your Bears up against the Huskies and your squad will get slaughtered.

With 5 on the court, UCONN will have 4 players who could all be NPOY candidates next year and Kia Nurse who will be a senior and is one of the stronger guards in the country. All 5 players are incredibly polished and proven. Each player has a massive advantage head to head against their Baylor counterpart. Then if you compare the bench, UCONN has Megan Walker and Dangerfield who put up 19 on you guys earlier this year.

Baylor will be good and fans have a lot to be excited for, but no one is touching UCONN next year. Baylor's best show is this year by a mile with Davis and Jones.

Reaction Score

I really admire your team loyalty and enthusiasm. I will not comment further....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
After this season KLS could finish her UCONN career playing every game (~80) with Azura', Napheesa, Megan, and Crystal. Throw in Gabby, Kia and Charli for 40 of the 80 games & it will take an incredible team to beat UCONN while KLS is in a UCONN. I'm in the 41-60% range.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So you are going to start a Freshmen PG (Morris) and her back will be another Freshmen PG (Ursin)? Good luck with that but you might as well call them what they will be "fresh meat".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom