Westworld | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Westworld

Reaction Score
If they go 5 seasons then they must be going off the park at some point.
I would imagine that's likely the case. The fact we know so little about the outside world makes it compelling too.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Great, great season finale. They are certainly not lacking for any story ideas when they pick up. Few nice nods to the original movie - glimpse of another "world", along with full on death machine hosts!

Reaction Score
Great, great season finale. They are certainly not lacking for any story ideas when they pick up. Few nice nods to the original movie - glimpse of another "world", along with full on death machine hosts!

didn't watch it yet, but are they nodding to medieval world and roman world?

Reaction Score
In Sunday's N.Y.Post's preview of the finale was this gem: "WESTWORLD will not return until 2018, by which time we may all be living in new theme parks."

Reaction Score
So hosts are subliminally prevented from leaving the park: Maeve is on her way out, & the motherly instinct kicks in. At least THAT axiom led true (for now)

Reaction Score
What a great time to kick off a great drama that, while being kept relatively accessible, addresses some really interesting concepts. Just in time as GoT will start wrapping up in a few months. This show can carry post-Game HBO for at least a few years.

Bravo on the first season. Will definitely require/warrant a re-watch. Time to wait for Archer and Homeland to come along in a few weeks and carry me in to said Game season

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So hosts are subliminally prevented from leaving the park: Maeve is on her way out, & the motherly instinct kicks in. At least THAT axiom led true (for now)
Ford programmed Maeve to leave WW and head to the "mainland" but the conscious decision to break her programming and go find her daughter is what finally makes her truly sentient. Ford talks about how it's pain and suffering is needed in order for a host to become sentient. For Maeve, that pain and suffering is the loss of her daughter and is what makes her get off the train.

What a great time to kick off a great drama that, while being kept relatively accessible, addresses some really interesting concepts. Just in time as GoT will start wrapping up in a few months. This show can carry post-Game HBO for at least a few years.

Bravo on the first season. Will definitely require/warrant a re-watch. Time to wait for Archer and Homeland to come along in a few weeks and carry me in to said Game season
Knowing what we know now, I now have to go back and re-watch the entire season with the understanding of Fords true intentions.

It really was the perfect ending to a fantastic freshman season and set things perfectly in motion for season 2. Oh, and

Reaction Score
I was going to say the finale was really well done, but the whole season was. They did a great job keeping you off balance about who the villain was. After last week's episode, I was all in on Ford being an all around bad guy, but it turns out that he's not.

Something interesting that was brought up earlier is that around mid-season, Ford was building a new host (in one episode, the design for the face was on his desk, in the next episode, the body was being worked on.) I don't think it was ever revealed who that character was and what his role will be? Wyatt, maybe?

One thing I found a little odd was the Storm Trooper-esque behavior of the security teams. They never shot first, were always caught off guard, and never came close to hitting Maeve or her compatriots. If Ford's story for Maeve was for her to escape, were those security guys hosts? Or just bad at their job? Even in that clip they played with snake tattoo lady cutting her arm off the get free of the door, the security guard is yelling "Freeze all motor functions!" She's got one arm, a knife and has just killed 5 or 6 of your co-workers. You're 10 yards away with a gun. Less talking, more shooting.

Reaction Score
this show was a disaster in production according to an anon reddit poster, rumor is HBO and Jonathan Nolan had differences...and because they had a huge budget it was very touchy.

Very excited for samurai world, lets just hope this doesn't turn into true detective.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
this show was a disaster in production according to an anon reddit poster, rumor is HBO and Jonathan Nolan had differences...and because they had a huge budget it was very touchy.

Very excited for samurai world, lets just hope this doesn't turn into true detective.

I suspect that this show will be like Homeland in that it is awesome, but always flirting with going off the rails.

Reaction Score
Something interesting that was brought up earlier is that around mid-season, Ford was building a new host (in one episode, the design for the face was on his desk, in the next episode, the body was being worked on.) I don't think it was ever revealed who that character was and what his role will be? Wyatt, maybe?

The idea is that Dolores is Wyatt. A lot of the speculation is that Ford was creating a host version of himself and that is who Dolores shot. Ford may be alive.

So much of this show would have went over my head before the finale but fortunately or unfortunately, I was actively lurking r/westworld and they predicted every twist after the 3rd episode.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tremendous final episode, tying up all the expected and unexpected twists. The Vanity Fair writer pretty much nailed everything.

I think it's interesting that Ford essentially gave them Westworld as their own, self contained world. The interesting aspect will be that while they can kill humans, if they kill each other, humans won't be putting them back together anymore. It's a little bit "Planet of the Apes", and I wonder how they will play it.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Tremendous final episode, tying up all the expected and unexpected twists. The Vanity Fair writer pretty much nailed everything.

I think it's interesting that Ford essentially gave them Westworld as their own, self contained world. The interesting aspect will be that while they can kill humans, if they kill each other, humans won't be putting them back together anymore. It's a little bit "Planet of the Apes", and I wonder how they will play it.
Bernard built many of the hosts despite being a host himself... shouldn't be a problem for hosts to fix hosts?

Reaction Score
I really like the show, it's imaginative and moves at a nice pace.

And while I enjoy the story line, there are some gigantic holes in the story telling. People are killed and are then completely forgotten. A war is taking place in the hotel lobby and no one alerts the guest in the park or the board of directors or even stop the trains from coming and going. As mentioned the security teams are completely incompetent and dozens of them can be killed by two hosts. The entire lab is made of glass but apparently no one can see the multiple technicians having sex with multiple hosts, not to mention that would be one of the first security measures anyone would put into the hosts. There is no security or anomaly detection that alerts higher ups that hosts are being tampered with. The techs who help Maeve never alert higher ups that they have a rogue host even after she has nearly killed them. I could go on.

There a ton of simply unbelievable or ignored events happening in almost every show. And I like the show. Guess that's what suspension of disbelief is all about.

Reaction Score
I really like the show, it's imaginative and moves at a nice pace.

And while I enjoy the story line, there are some gigantic holes in the story telling. People are killed and are then completely forgotten. A war is taking place in the hotel lobby and no one alerts the guest in the park or the board of directors or even stop the trains from coming and going. As mentioned the security teams are completely incompetent and dozens of them can be killed by two hosts. The entire lab is made of glass but apparently no one can see the multiple technicians having sex with multiple hosts, not to mention that would be one of the first security measures anyone would put into the hosts. There is no security or anomaly detection that alerts higher ups that hosts are being tampered with. The techs who help Maeve never alert higher ups that they have a rogue host even after she has nearly killed them. I could go on.

There a ton of simply unbelievable or ignored events happening in almost every show. And I like the show. Guess that's what suspension of disbelief is all about.

OMFG. A cogent, well reasoned, comprehensive post. I wouldn't push my luck and hope to see that in the Cesspool one day, but if you are capable of these could we at least see them on the Football board sometimes?

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bernard built many of the hosts despite being a host himself... shouldn't be a problem for hosts to fix hosts?

That's why I think this will be interesting. They essentially need to form a society. They will need to assume roles/jobs. Yet in many ways they are children, with no experience in directing their own affairs. It's interesting.

Reaction Score
That's why I think this will be interesting. They essentially need to form a society. They will need to assume roles/jobs. Yet in many ways they are children, with no experience in directing their own affairs. It's interesting.

Reaction Score
I have a question. Didn't they say there was only one accident in 30 years I think? We are led to believe that the accident was Arnold. But what about Logan? Would that not be considered an accident? Is he not dead?

Reaction Score

I think there will be two groups of hosts. Those that wish to be independent and have self determination and those that want to go back to the way things were.

I have a question. Didn't they say there was only one accident in 30 years I think? We are led to believe that the accident was Arnold. But what about Logan? Would that not be considered an accident? Is he not dead?

At first I thought they were referencing the movie. But that would have been too big to be an accident.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom