Westworld | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Westworld

Reaction Score
Heard an interesting theory that I think might very well be true.

The theory says that William and the Man in Black are the same person, and that their stories are happening in different periods of time. When William is walking through the original facility, the Westworld logo on the wall is different from the ones you see throughout the facility everywhere else; that would be consistent with it being an old logo from 30 years ago. The MiB says that he and Dolores have been through a lot, when her and William are clearly getting pretty close. William also has the same knife and shirt as the MiB.

I'll definitely be looking for more clues next week.

Oh damn. That's good.

That almost feels like "Arrival".

Reaction Score
Heard an interesting theory that I think might very well be true.

The theory says that William and the Man in Black are the same person, and that their stories are happening in different periods of time. When William is walking through the original facility, the Westworld logo on the wall is different from the ones you see throughout the facility everywhere else; that would be consistent with it being an old logo from 30 years ago. The MiB says that he and Dolores have been through a lot, when her and William are clearly getting pretty close. William also has the same knife and shirt as the MiB.

I'll definitely be looking for more clues next week.
I've been on board with this theory for a while now. To take it a step further, read this Vanity Fair article which does a great job summing up the theory's I subscribe to including one that outlines who Wyatt really is. Warning, heavy spoilers in that link so don't click if you aren't caught up.

Reaction Score
finally watched Trace Decay last night, and I'm lost. I'll have to rewatch it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
finally watched Trace Decay last night, and I'm lost. I'll have to rewatch it.

I may need to do that as well, and look for the different timelines. The flashbacks are pretty clear, but I never saw the William/Logan timeline as the past until I read about it. They carefully avoid keeping those characters in any present timeline (if they are different) which makes it harder to be certain.

Reaction Score
I thought I knew what was going on, but after reading those articles I feel confused. Probably need to rewatch a few episodes.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the idea that the storylines were taking place at different times never occurred to me. If it wasn't mentioned here, I probably would have only noticed if they did something to make it very obvious, like mention in one episode that something in the park was brand new and then in another episode have someone else mention that it's been around for 30 years (No, I did not recognize the woman that Teddy and Ed Harris meet was the same host that William met when he first came to the park.)

After the reveal that Bernard is a host, I thought it was pretty messed up that Ford programmed in the memory of his son and then used that as a prompt to make Bernard lose his focus if he started asking questions about what Ford was up to. For example, Bernard was asking Ford about the isolated house in the woods with the young version of Ford and his family and Ford says something to the effect of "Too bad about your son. Well, better get back to work." If Arnold built a replica of Ford as a boy as a sort of gift to Ford, it's even more twisted that Ford built Bernard as a replica of Arnold, but made sure to include the memory of losing a child in his "build."

Reaction Score
Honestly, the idea that the storylines were taking place at different times never occurred to me. If it wasn't mentioned here, I probably would have only noticed if they did something to make it very obvious, like mention in one episode that something in the park was brand new and then in another episode have someone else mention that it's been around for 30 years (No, I did not recognize the woman that Teddy and Ed Harris meet was the same host that William met when he first came to the park.)

After the reveal that Bernard is a host, I thought it was pretty messed up that Ford programmed in the memory of his son and then used that as a prompt to make Bernard lose his focus if he started asking questions about what Ford was up to. For example, Bernard was asking Ford about the isolated house in the woods with the young version of Ford and his family and Ford says something to the effect of "Too bad about your son. Well, better get back to work." If Arnold built a replica of Ford as a boy as a sort of gift to Ford, it's even more twisted that Ford built Bernard as a replica of Arnold, but made sure to include the memory of losing a child in his "build."

This a little bit why I was wondering what year it was a few weeks back. I thought it was interesting that the writers omitted the dates, usually when some detail like time isn't directly addressed, it becomes pretty damn important later on. It's like a magician's distraction.

Reaction Score
A buddy of mine is obsessed with the show and has already re-watched everything up to this point.

He believes Bernard is Arnold immortalized as a Host, based on the conversation he had with Dolores in the beginning

Reaction Score
In the spirit of WW, I just watched Ex Machina. Really enjoyed it but Caleb, man...

Blew my morning mind when I realized that was the same actor that played Poe Dameron.

Reaction Score
How do you add the spoiler button?

start at left, count over to the 17th icon. Click "insert" but make sure your text you want hidden is highlighted. Then click on spoiler

Test

Reaction Score
Blew my morning mind when I realized that was the same actor that played Poe Dameron.
Haha, I had the same reaction too! Big fan of Alicia Vikander as well.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Last nights episode was great, but I'm starting to need a scorecard for who is human, or machine.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Damn guys, no thoughts on last night's episode? Lots to unpack here.
It was essentially a full hour of confirming theory after theory, haha. Really enjoyed it overall.

What initial questions do you have?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
In the spirit of WW, I just watched Ex Machina. Really enjoyed it but Caleb, man...
Just watched that as well, also very good.

Reaction Score
A buddy of mine is obsessed with the show and has already re-watched everything up to this point.

He believes Bernard is Arnold immortalized as a Host, based on the conversation he had with Dolores in the beginning
Nailed it.

Reaction Score
It was essentially a full hour of confirming theory after theory, haha. Really enjoyed it overall.

What initial questions do you have?

Not too many questions, but I'm doing mental gymnastics keeping up with all the timelines.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
15192593_10211197866921918_4205256280759204019_n.jpg

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Seems as though this show has maybe two years to run, the way things are unfolding.

Reaction Score
Seems as though this show has maybe two years to run, the way things are unfolding.
They've actually plotted out 5 seasons worth of storyline.

Reaction Score
If they go 5 seasons then they must be going off the park at some point.

Reaction Score
On a different note, saw in this morning's paper the Evan Rachel Wood (a.k.a. Dolores) came forward publicly that she was a victim of rape on two separate occasions by two different perpetrators. Good Lord.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom