Westbrook | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe I’m expecting a lot, but I think Westbrook could be a All American and a NPOY type of talent once the coaching staff gets there hands on her. CD, Westbrook, Williams, Walker, ONO with a improved bench should keep that final four streak alive.

Reaction Score
Sure. However, just a reminder that some posters actually do have access to credible sources.
Lets hope she gets the waiver. If she does commit to UCONN the redo on Megan Walker's class is the No. 1 and No. 2 overall players swapping out AEH, Coombs, and Gordon. I know I'm being greedy and hopeful but if Cooks could come ;-) that would be a redo of 2017 class to be Walker, Westbrook and Cooks, which would be pretty amazing.

Reaction Score
Because it takes time to approve the waiver. A player just does not know if or when the waiver will be approved. As for going the international route, do you really think Westbrook could get significant salary based upon her career as of today?
This should be 1 time that Uconn catches a break. The Mouse has a lot invested in restarting this series, and Emmett isn't going to get in the way. He has too much past baggage, and they would make his life miserable.

Reaction Score
UConn fans should have much to be excited about soon with respect to Evina. A very credible source from the Pacific Northwest has indicated that the announcement may come as early as Friday. Westbrook to UConn. Now.... time for the UConn administrative staff to get to work on drafting, editing, and refining that waiver request for Westbrook for the '19-'20 season.

All they need to do is get their hands on ND's waiver request for Jessica Shepard.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Maybe I’m expecting a lot, but I think Westbrook could be a All American and a NPOY type of talent once the coaching staff gets there hands on her. CD, Westbrook, Williams, Walker, ONO with a improved bench should keep that final four streak alive.
Lets hope she gets the waiver. If she does commit to UCONN the redo on Megan Walker's class is the No. 1 and No. 2 overall players swapping out AEH, Coombs, and Gordon. I know I'm being greedy and hopeful but if Cooks could come ;-) that would be a redo of 2017 class to be Walker, Westbrook and Cooks, which would be pretty amazing.
If Westbrook gets the waiver & as I have written before, UCONN would have the deepest 1,2,3 rotation I can ever remember not just at UCONN but possibly in all of WCBB history. And just think that rotation only gets deeper for the 20-21 season. Oh my!
Starters:
3) SF Walker
2) SG Christyn Williams
1) PG Crystal Dangerfield
Rotation:
3) SF Aubrey Griffin
2) SG Anna Makurat
1) PG Evina Westbrook

Reaction Score
If Westbrook gets the waiver & as I have written before, UCONN would have the deepest 1,2,3 rotation I can ever remember not just at UCONN but possibly in all of WCBB history. And just think that rotation only gets deeper for the 20-21 season. Oh my!
Starters:
3) SF Walker
2) SG Christyn Williams
Rotation:
3) SF Aubrey Griffin
2) SG Anna Makurat
1) PG Evina Westbrook
If Westbrook were to come and get eligibility for next year, I would have to assume she would start with MW, CD and CW.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Starters:
3) SF Walker
2) SG Christyn Williams
Rotation:
3) SF Aubrey Griffin
2) SG Anna Makurat
1) PG Evina Westbrook
If Westbrook comes, there's no way she doesn't start. I'd guess our starters would be:

1) Dangerfield
2) Westbrook
3) Christyn
4) Megan
5) Olivia.

That's a whole lot of fire power. Anyone of them will kill you if you leave to help on the others.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn fans should have much to be excited about soon with respect to Evina. A very credible source from the Pacific Northwest has indicated that the announcement may come as early as Friday. Westbrook to UConn. Now.... time for the UConn administrative staff to get to work on drafting, editing, and refining that waiver request for Westbrook for the '19-'20 season.
That's a job for outside legal counsel. Be surprised if it's not already being worked on...

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If Westbrook were to come and get eligibility for next year, I would have to assume she would start with MW, CD and CW.
If Walker comes, there's no way she doesn't start. I'd guess our starters would be:

1) Dangerfield
2) Westbrook
3) Christyn
4) Megan
5) Olivia.

That's a whole lot of fire power. Anyone of them will kill you if leave to help on the others.

4 guards plus ONO , I think the rebounding woes would continue unless ONO adds 20lbs of muscle
Exactly what I was thinking. A healthy Batouly & Evelyn Adebayo would give UCONN a rugged 4 option to share the rebounding load and banging with ONO.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno just happens to be in Seattle at the Storm camp!
Wonder what he was doing out there in the NW?

things-that-make-you-go-hmmm.jpg

Reaction Score
I just saw on Instagram Awak kuier do a reverse dunk.. its on her page... We gotta get her like yesterday.
Me too!! We better be in on her! Hopefully Nika can help with the recruiting.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is that for transfer students or only for recruits?
I'm checking to verify but I believe once you put your name in the transfer portal you become just like a new recruit all over again subject to same rules including # of paid official visits.
Edit:
Under this NCAA definition of recruiting transfers and recruits would be the same at least that is my interpretation.

The NCAA defines recruiting as “any solicitation of prospective student-athletes or their parents by an institutional staff member or by a representative of the institution’s athletics interests for the purpose of securing a prospective student-athlete’s enrollment and ultimate participation in the institution’s intercollegiate athletics program.”

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My breath is bated. I always thought she would feel that the pressure of playing in Storrs and living up to the banners and championships would over weigh the pressure of playing in front of family, friends and the instant accessibility that brings. I'd always hoped however that she would want the best coaching, the best chance at a championship and the best all around molding of character that playing for Geno brings. Much could change between now and announcement, so here's hoping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32