Well, he (FSU BOT chairmen) seems happy... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Well, he (FSU BOT chairmen) seems happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't think the 7-4 vote to not fine UNC $100K for the academic fraud should be lost in all of this.

When FSU comes out and openly talks about the perceived special treatment UNC and dook receive the same week that the non-sanctioning happened, I think there's a correlation.

FSU rightfully took a beating nationally for about a decade over the Free Shoes University and academic fraud that happened in Tallahassee. I'm speculating that FSU feels the other ACC schools are giving UNC coverage that they didn't give FSU when FSU was going through it's own self-induced trials and tribulations.

Reaction Score
There have been plenty of schools that have left the Big East, and none have blasted the conference leadership publicly like this guy just did.
I think WVU blasted BE leadership quite a bit more than this.

Reaction Score
I dunno AJC, the chair of the BOT didn't just throw a grenade out there, what he threw comes with a mushroom cloud.......

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think WVU blasted BE leadership quite a bit more than this.

But I don't think WVU did it so vocally before they announced they were leaving.

Reaction Score
I dunno AJC, the chair of the BOT didn't just throw a grenade out there, what he threw comes with a mushroom cloud.......

For appearances sake - it now appears he is trying to put the nuke back in the silo:

Haggard says FSU 'should keep an open mind'

"The morning after his comments ignited talk around the country of even more conference realignment, Florida State Board of Trustees chair Andy Haggard tried to clarify his stance on FSU, the ACC and any possible suitor “All I tried to say was I think Florida State needs to keep an open mind,” Haggard said Sunday morning. “If the Big 12 or the SEC or any other conference wants to talk, we have an obligation to listen. If the Big 12 calls, should we hang up the phone? No.“I’m not saying take it. I’m saying listen to it. Listen to what they have to say.”

Haggard also said he would back down from his comments regarding FSU’s Tier 3 rights in the recently signed television contract between the ACC and ESPN “if I spoke on poor information.”

“But (Tier 3 rights) is not the main issue,” Haggard said. “We have to listen to how much more money may be out there. There are other issues that need to be considered. My only point is to listen to anybody who wants to talk – especially in these economic times.”

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...-FSU-should-keep-an-open-mind-?nclick_check=1

Reaction Score
For appearances sake - it now appears he is trying to put the nuke back in the silo:

Haggard says FSU 'should keep an open mind'

"The morning after his comments ignited talk around the country of even more conference realignment, Florida State Board of Trustees chair Andy Haggard tried to clarify his stance on FSU, the ACC and any possible suitor “All I tried to say was I think Florida State needs to keep an open mind,” Haggard said Sunday morning. “If the Big 12 or the SEC or any other conference wants to talk, we have an obligation to listen. If the Big 12 calls, should we hang up the phone? No.“I’m not saying take it. I’m saying listen to it. Listen to what they have to say.”

Haggard also said he would back down from his comments regarding FSU’s Tier 3 rights in the recently signed television contract between the ACC and ESPN “if I spoke on poor information.”

“But (Tier 3 rights) is not the main issue,” Haggard said. “We have to listen to how much more money may be out there. There are other issues that need to be considered. My only point is to listen to anybody who wants to talk – especially in these economic times.”

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...-FSU-should-keep-an-open-mind-?nclick_check=1

Sorry Haggard, the birds have been launched and are now flying towards their target, just like he knew and just like he intended.......

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Still, it's FSU that had to make the first phone call. The B12 isn't going to call them , that's how it works these days to avoid lawsuits.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Anyone know who voted to fine the Heels and who voted against it? It'd be interesting to know where the battle lines are drawn. I'd bet Miami sided with the Heels worrying about their own hides and the sanctions they face. The others? I don't think I'd be on a limb saying FSU and Clemson voted against UNC due to the perceived favoritism the Heels receive.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Anyone know who voted to fine the Heels and who voted against it? It'd be interesting to know where the battle lines are drawn. I'd bet Miami sided with the Heels worrying about their own hides and the sanctions they face. The others? I don't think I'd be on a limb saying FSU and Clemson voted against UNC due to the perceived favoritism the Heels receive.

the results are out there somewhere. i remember reading about who voted what but forget where i read it. might be on the fsu scout board. i don't think its really a big deal in the grand view of things but if i was a fsu diehard instead of uconn i would be pissed becuase for years fsu got crap about how its a joke in the classroom after its issues and now unc is in trouble and its no big deal becuase its unc. i love that quote some one posted about when alums list stuff on there resumes do u list that your schools plays fball with duke and unc?!?!?! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom