Welcome to the Boneyard New Friends Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Welcome to the Boneyard New Friends Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Don't know if that was a test.. But it's Bialosuknia.. Also saw him live on his barnstorming tour after senior year.. Dropped 55 pts vs East Hartford Explorers without a three point line.
No test. I actually tapped it out rather than "Wes B," because I do know how it's spelled, and, well, that's what showed up.

I can spell Poughkeepsie too. I like that we were at least one game together.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Probably shouldn’t have posted my magnum opus late on a Friday.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long years
Built million fan's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jim Calhoun
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure the Gamecocks
Would not become his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

Stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Beat coach K and his minions
Dukies screamed in vain

Went on attack
Had Ben and 'Meka's back
Yellow Jackets raged
And the free throws sank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah

I watched with glee
While our kings and queens
Won for three decades
Husky gods they made

I shouted out
Who killed Kentucky?
When after all
It was Bazz's 3s

Let me please introduce myself
And I laid traps for the Bulldogs
Who couldn't score the ball all day

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby
this is pretty epic,
for a person who sez that they don't hear so hot, u sure nailed the cadence on that musical poem.
I shouted out
Who killed Kentucky?
When after all
It was Bazz's 3s

yeppers, awesome. and epic. epically awesome.
hey auggie doggie! cover this!
looks like a pantload of hits on utube to me. fun, too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
this is pretty epic,
for a person who sez that they don't hear so hot, u sure nailed the cadence on that musical poem.
I shouted out
Who killed Kentucky?
When after all
It was Bazz's 3s

yeppers, awesome. and epic. epically awesome.
hey auggie doggie! cover this!
looks like a pantload of hits on utube to me. fun, too.
“Couldn’t score the ball all day“ was the hardest bit. Phonetics made it impossible to put 2011 and 2014 in order.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly.. On the Burrell to Tate pass ..Clemson had put a 6'10" dude on Burrell when he threw that pass from in-bounds line.. I am convinced that only a guy of Burrell's athletic talent.. Highly recruited HS QB and Blue Jays #1 pick.. Could have made that pass "catchable".. I hate to admit it.. I was so pissed at how the game was winding down because I thought UConn should have already put the game away. I did something I never do.. I left the room and stopped watching. My son then starts screaming at the top of his lungs.. The rest is history. Had to see it on the replay.

Have waited for the last click ever since
I remember that second half too, irritated they gave up a huge lead. I was 11 at the time so maybe it was the "kid" in me and not realizing the gravity of the situation, with one second left, but something told me they would win it and they did. I remember not being shocked because I grew up in North haven and knew about the exploits of Scott Burrell living one town away in Hamden. When I saw him inbounding the ball and ready to pass, I knew his pass would be on point, the question to me was whomever catches it can they make the shot. What's funny is I wanted it to go the Henefeld, I felt he was our best shooter (even better than Smitty and Tate). I guess the rest is history as they say.

Reaction Score
Always down to chat about anything in life, but love to point out that in 2004 both the UConn Men’s and Women’s teams won the championship in the same season, and then followed it up 10 years later!
I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet, but reminds me, and I can’t emphasize this enough: Tyler Olander has more national championships than Jim Boeheim.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Please allow me to introduce myself
I've been around for a long, long years
Built million fan's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jim Calhoun
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure the Gamecocks
Would not become his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

Stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Beat coach K and his minions
Dukies screamed in vain

Went on attack
Had Ben and 'Meka's back
Yellow Jackets raged
And the free throws sank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah

I watched with glee
While our kings and queens
Won for three decades
Husky gods they made

I shouted out
Who killed Kentucky?
When after all
It was Bazz's 3s

Let me please introduce myself
And I laid traps for the Bulldogs
Who couldn't score the ball all day

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby
Most excellent!!

The St Petersburg and Kentucky lines are great.

Reaction Score
OK I guess I'm "new". I don't post much, but I get a lot of info here.

Grew up in Connecticut--always a die-hard UConn MBB fan--but I didn't attend UCONN.

I was at BU 1982-86 where the head coach was--Slick Rick Pitino!

And their crosstown rival was Northeastern, coached by our beloved Jim Calhoun.

Nobody at BU gave a chit about basketball, so you could get in the games for $2 and walk down to sit right behind the benches. We used to let Pitino know regularly how he was too young and stupid looking to be a head coach. Good times.

Funny how both those guys went on to greater things soon after.

Anyway, I played against both Pikiell and Kuczenski in HS (although didn't really "play" against Kuczenski; was a freshman on the bench his senior year).

I live and die with two teams: UConn BB and the Boston Red Sox. 2004 was the greatest year of my life, and I have kids!
Dude. Pikell And Kuczenski were
Like 10 years apart. How long were you in high school?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
1671299811348.jpeg

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ya know, iffn auggie doggy does get off his lazy, broccoli rabe chomping butt, and covers it, well .........
smells like mojo to me.

except for the teen spirit part. prolly moar like
'aspercreme spirit.' still gonna be good, tho.
iffn there are any musicians in the new crowd, get a hold of him at
'1-800-arbying.'
cain't spell arbys without the letters b and y together.
huskyhawk on the cowbell. looks like a plan.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I remember that second half too, irritated they gave up a huge lead. I was 11 at the time so maybe it was the "kid" in me and not realizing the gravity of the situation, with one second left, but something told me they would win it and they did. I remember not being shocked because I grew up in North haven and knew about the exploits of Scott Burrell living one town away in Hamden. When I saw him inbounding the ball and ready to pass, I knew his pass would be on point, the question to me was whomever catches it can they make the shot. What's funny is I wanted it to go the Henefeld, I felt he was our best shooter (even better than Smitty and Tate). I guess the rest is history as they say.
Terrific remembrance.

When I was 10, UConn beat Temle, then Princeton, and made it to the East Regional Finals. (Much smaller tournament in which conference winners were the only participants.)

I was hugely excited but very surprised when my father told me before the game that UConn was likely to lose badly. It was my first introductuon to the concept of mismatched levels in competition. UConn lost this Elite 8 equivalent 101-54, but I had the thrill of seeing the team ranked in the top 20,I think, before that happened.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet, but reminds me, and I can’t emphasize this enough: Tyler Olander has more national championships than Jim Boeheim.
Jay Wright refused to retire until he'd caught up with Olander.

Reaction Score
I've followed along wherever the BY moved to since 1999.
I found the BY a few months after 77-74. At the time I was kicking myself for not finding this place BEFORE that historic night and missing out on the craziness that I'm sure was epic. We actually had online pissing matches with UMESS fans.
But the years that followed were fun. BY trips to Fenway, pregame drinks in downtown Hartford, Midnight Madness at Gampel, BY football tailgates in the back corner of some parking lot in Storrs and of course, the Boneyard Classic Golf outtings. I'm one of those guys that figures how long ago something was based on how old my daughters were at the time. My daughters were pre-K back then and are married and engaged now. So, it was a long time go. LOL

Reaction Score
Terrific remembrance.

When I was 10, UConn beat Temle, then Princeton, and made it to the East Regional Finals. (Much smaller tournament in which conference winners were the only participants.)

I was hugely excited but very surprised when my father told me before the game that UConn was likely to lose badly. It was my first introductuon to the concept of mismatched levels in competition. UConn lost this Elite 8 equivalent 101-54, but I had the thrill of seeing the team ranked in the top 20,I think, before that happened.
Wasn't Bill Bradley on that Princeton team?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wasn't Bill Bradley on that Princeton team?
“Perno stole the ball! Perno stole the ball!”

Reaction Score
Lol.

Kuczenski senior year was 78-79, that was my freshman year.
Pikiell freshman year was 81-82, that was my senior year.

They were 6 years apart.

It's funny how the good old days seem to expand as we get older. Today, it seems like the years are flying by.

Edit: Pikiell was a CENTER on that team, by the way. I do not remember him having guard skills, but he could dunk as a HS freshman.

Reaction Score
DW????

How the hell have you been?

I thought you dropped off the face of the earth. The BE board was great but once Rick had to give it up (and the conference blew to smithereens) the board died (with only St John's fans as members).
It is indeed DW. I kind of lost it when Big East FB collapsed. That board was a lot of fun because of all the banter and smack that went on between all the schools. As you know, we got close to many posters from other schools, and sometimes had get togethers. Back then I was new to the FB scene and attending tailgates with WVU fans was so much fun. Those guys were so knowledgeable and also great human beings. Anyway, I lost my passion, put it aside, and began putting in full days of productive work in the office. I became so productive they actually made me a boss. I am now retired living full time on the road. I am currently in the Tampa area and was so hoping UConn would have gotten one of the bowls down here. The old boards will always be dear to my heart, but the Boneyard is pretty awesome as well.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It is indeed DW. I kind of lost it when Big East FB collapsed. That board was a lot of fun because of all the banter and smack that went on between all the schools. As you know, we got close to many posters from other schools, and sometimes had get togethers. Back then I was new to the FB scene and attending tailgates with WVU fans was so much fun. Those guys were so knowledgeable and also great human beings. Anyway, I lost my passion, put it aside, and began putting in full days of productive work in the office. I became so productive they actually made me a boss. I am now retired living full time on the road. I am currently in the Tampa area and was so hoping UConn would have gotten one of the bowls down here. The old boards will always be dear to my heart, but the Boneyard is pretty awesome as well.
I thought you were a government employee. Being productive with a job like that can make a lot of enemies.

Reaction Score
I thought you were a government employee. Being productive with a job like that can make a lot of enemies.
You have a good memory and yes there was much animosity there. I remember you have a son. Hope he is doing well. Enough posting on a thread past it’s time. I will try to catch you on another one. I can’t think of a better time for UConn athletics that we are experiencing now and it amazes me that we are growing fabulously as a university despite not being invited to the ACC. I really would hate being a Miami, BC, Rutgers, Syracuse or Pittsburgh right now. Funny that they all have become irrelevant while UConn is basking in the sunshine right now. I think we are in a good place as long as we continue to retain a very good administration. Hopefully the momentum keeps trending upwards. Like a growing stock, it is my opinion that UConn is showing all indications of becoming a good buy.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You have a good memory and yes there was much animosity there. I remember you have a son. Hope he is doing well. Enough posting on a thread past it’s time. I will try to catch you on another one. I can’t think of a better time for UConn athletics that we are experiencing now and it amazes me that we are growing fabulously as a university despite not being invited to the ACC. I really would hate being a Miami, BC, Rutgers, Syracuse or Pittsburgh right now. Funny that they all have become irrelevant while UConn is basking in the sunshine right now. I think we are in a good place as long as we continue to retain a very good administration. Hopefully the momentum keeps trending upwards. Like a growing stock, it is my opinion that UConn is showing all indications of becoming a good buy.
My son is doing very well, thank you for asking.

To put things into perspective, he was either eight or nine when you met him. He's 27 now.

Reaction Score
Lol.

Kuczenski senior year was 78-79, that was my freshman year.
Pikiell freshman year was 81-82, that was my senior year.

They were 6 years apart.

It's funny how the good old days seem to expand as we get older. Today, it seems like the years are flying by.

Edit: Pikiell was a CENTER on that team, by the way. I do not remember him having guard skills, but he could dunk as a HS freshman.
Steve Pikiell was in high school from 1982-1986 so maybe you played against him on another team?

Reaction Score
Hey, where did @Hype Cat go? She was becoming one of my favorite posters. Now it looks like the handle doesn't even exist anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom