Welcome to the Boneyard New Friends Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Welcome to the Boneyard New Friends Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think my memory is mixing a couple storylines, so I avoid details that will reveal my mistakes, but I seem to recall that when you first arrived, you needed to navigate your way through some skepticism that you were a brand new poster who was. UConn fan and not some kind of troll or sock puppet providing cover for some other, possibly controversial poster.

I admire how you either came through some of the challenges intact, or, in the alternative, caught & continue to ride the wave to extend your ruse quite quite well.

Kudos, additionally, for your pointing out and kindly educating me that the flavor profile is "umami," and not "unami" as I'd previously thought because I hadn't paid attention when it first rose in media prominence.
Thanks for your kind words.. FWIW.. I am who I say I am.. Doubt if said poster was at the Field House watching Dr J play vs UConn as I did.. Was more surprised that the BS got any cred at all but to give it any attention would only make it worse. Part of my initiation to the Yard.

Good luck on Monday.. Thoughts and prayers.

Reaction Score
OK I guess I'm "new". I don't post much, but I get a lot of info here.

Grew up in Connecticut--always a die-hard UConn MBB fan--but I didn't attend UCONN.

I was at BU 1982-86 where the head coach was--Slick Rick Pitino!

And their crosstown rival was Northeastern, coached by our beloved Jim Calhoun.

Nobody at BU gave a chit about basketball, so you could get in the games for $2 and walk down to sit right behind the benches. We used to let Pitino know regularly how he was too young and stupid looking to be a head coach. Good times.

Funny how both those guys went on to greater things soon after.

Anyway, I played against both Pikiell and Kuczenski in HS (although didn't really "play" against Kuczenski; was a freshman on the bench his senior year).

I live and die with two teams: UConn BB and the Boston Red Sox. 2004 was the greatest year of my life, and I have kids!

Reaction Score
New here. My earliest UConn memories involved Corny Thompson and Karl Hobbs. Have fond memories of literally running around my friends living room after "the shot", and hugging and dancing with strangers at Chicago Sam's when we won the first NC.

Joined here just to see if others were as giddy as I was watching this team early this year. I remember thinking - are other people seeing what I'm seeing? I admit this team surprised me, and I'm relieved to be able to stop asking when we were going to recruit some shooters instead of just great athletes. My optimism for this team is unrivaled in the 40 years I've been watching them.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Allow myself to introduce....myself. I'm BlueandOG: call me Blue. UCONN grad, class of '95. My oldest is a freshman at UCONN this year. They placed him in the SAME ROOM I lived in my freshman year. Not much has changed over the years.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I've been here for quite a few years (since conference realignment). Don't post much and check in when something good happens for UCONN. This last year with football, hockey basketball. I'm on several times a day. I'm an addict. I'm gonna need inttervention.

I've been here for quite a few years (since conference realignment). Don't post much and check in when something good happens for UCONN. This last year with football, hockey basketball. I'm on several times a day. I'm an addict. I'm gonna need inttervention.

You will discover that some people are here 100s of times per day, while others never leave !

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
You will discover that some people are here 100s of times per day, while others never leave !
sans culottes, eh marat?

nope, not doin dat. i have more than enuf pretend images for the rabble here as it is.

Reaction Score
Hey all, I am not exactly new to the Boneyard and I have met some of you from years past. I go way back to the now defunct Big East message board. I posted here for awhile, but never caught on to how to relate with you guys. I have been lurking on this site for almost 20 years now. I come here to get the most up to date info, breaking news and the best ever, extremely entertaining, and sometimes insightful conversation to be found anywhere. I likely will continue to be a lurker, but occasionally I may chime in. I apologize in advance for poor grammar. I love all UConn sports, love the campus, practically lived in the Field House as a kid, but never attended.

Reaction Score
I have been a UConn fan from Dee Rowe to Dan Hurley. Worked at PWA for 19 years and had to put up with UConn should leave the Big East they will never win a meaningful game. Or UConn will never have an All American, Donyell Marshall. Then in 1999 we pulled off the big one. Our team has had it's ups and downs but it has always been good to be a Huskies fan.

Reaction Score
Thank you, next!

Attachments

• 0393C7CB-D6D7-4A05-91DB-69880169BB90.gif
    0393C7CB-D6D7-4A05-91DB-69880169BB90.gif
    374.8 KB · Views: 61

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks for your kind words.. FWIW.. I am who I say I am.. Doubt if said poster was at the Field House watching Dr J play vs UConn as I did.. Was more surprised that the BS got any cred at all but to give it any attention would only make it worse. Part of my initiation to the Yard.

Top opponents I saw in the Field House were Dr J, Dave Bing, and was it Bobby Lloyd who was in the race from NCAA high scorer with Wes Bislosilnia catching up for an afternoon-into-evening or somesuch?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
New here. My earliest UConn memories involved Corny Thompson and Karl Hobbs. Have fond memories of literally running around my friends living room after "the shot", and hugging and dancing with strangers at Chicago Sam's when we won the first NC.

Joined here just to see if others were as giddy as I was watching this team early this year. I remember thinking - are other people seeing what I'm seeing? I admit this team surprised me, and I'm relieved to be able to stop asking when we were going to recruit some shooters instead of just great athletes. My optimism for this team is unrivaled in the 40 years I've been watching them.
If you were here in April when CKJ announced he was entering the transfer portal you might be even giddier now given how you could have felt if you were here then.

There should be a warning label for this forum.

WARNING: Those with vertigo, weak stomachs, inability to ride extreme roller coasters (intolerance to bipolar moods swings and argumentative humans), adversity to people who treat subjective issues as factual, distaste with people who believe they can out coach Hall of Fame coaches and too many other conditions too list here please avoid coming to this forum.

But if you have the fortitude to go with The Boneyard Coaster your experience will not be boring and in many cases exhilarating.

WELCOME JAKE!!

Reaction Score
Top opponents I saw in the Field House were Dr J, Dave Bing, and was it Bobby Lloyd who was in the race from NCAA high scorer with Wes Bislosilnia catching up for an afternoon-into-evening or somesuch?
Don't know if that was a test.. But it's Bialosuknia.. Also saw him live on his barnstorming tour after senior year.. Dropped 55 pts vs East Hartford Explorers without a three point line.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

You've had another handle before though, amirite? ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
OK I guess I'm "new". I don't post much, but I get a lot of info here.

Grew up in Connecticut--always a die-hard UConn MBB fan--but I didn't attend UCONN.

I was at BU 1982-86 where the head coach was--Slick Rick Pitino!

And their crosstown rival was Northeastern, coached by our beloved Jim Calhoun.

Nobody at BU gave a chit about basketball, so you could get in the games for $2 and walk down to sit right behind the benches. We used to let Pitino know regularly how he was too young and stupid looking to be a head coach. Good times.

Funny how both those guys went on to greater things soon after.

Anyway, I played against both Pikiell and Kuczenski in HS (although didn't really "play" against Kuczenski; was a freshman on the bench his senior year).

I live and die with two teams: UConn BB and the Boston Red Sox. 2004 was the greatest year of my life, and I have kids!
I didn't go to BU but I don't give a chit about their basketball either. :cool:

Anyways WELCOME!!

Reaction Score
Not new here. Basically come for the entertainment value. Nothing said here goes unpunished or goes down a rabbit hole into the nonsensical. Have tried to be a walk-in for the football team 4 times. Get Rene when they see my Walker So unfair

Reaction Score
L
Not new here. Basically come for the entertainment value. Nothing said here goes unpunished or goes down a rabbit hole into the nonsensical. Have tried to be a walk-in for the football team 4 times. Get Rene when they see my Walker So unfair
Rejected

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long years
Built million fan's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jim Calhoun
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure the Gamecocks
Would not become his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

Stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Beat coach K and his minions
Dukies screamed in vain

Went on attack
Had Ben and 'Meka's back
Yellow Jackets raged
And the free throws sank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah

I watched with glee
While our kings and queens
Won for three decades
Husky gods they made

I shouted out
Who killed Kentucky?
When after all
It was Bazz's 3s

Let me please introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for the Bulldogs
Who couldn't score the ball all day

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hey all, I am not exactly new to the Boneyard and I have met some of you from years past. I go way back to the now defunct Big East message board. I posted here for awhile, but never caught on to how to relate with you guys. I have been lurking on this site for almost 20 years now. I come here to get the most up to date info, breaking news and the best ever, extremely entertaining, and sometimes insightful conversation to be found anywhere. I likely will continue to be a lurker, but occasionally I may chime in. I apologize in advance for poor grammar. I love all UConn sports, love the campus, practically lived in the Field House as a kid, but never attended.
DW????

How the hell have you been?

I thought you dropped off the face of the earth. The BE board was great but once Rick had to give it up (and the conference blew to smithereens) the board died (with only St John's fans as members).

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Welcome, welcome, welcome.

FTR, I see no grammar errors, or at least I wasn't looking.

I can't speak for anybody but myself, but my corrections - whenever they seem harsh enough to instill fear (as if) - are exclusively in response to posts that are being artificially pumped up with cocky self-certainty, hubris, condescension, unsustainable exaggeration, and other forms of overreach that seems to reveal in the poster a sense entitlement to punch down without consequence.

If you think you see me punching, take a closer look. Unless the bullies & know-it-alls aren't secure in themselves, I'm punching sideways. Is that problematic? Am I overestimating them?

OK, there's an exception: some mistakes are too good to pass up...comic timing and such. In those cases, my aim is humor, so it's weird to imagine that I'm gonna get dinged for taking things too seriously. If my teasing goes too far, please know that I've made efforts to mix affection and acceptance for the human condition.

And for sure, I make errors, most unforced. We. All. Do. (Or do we? Stay tuned)

Fact is, my most recent post got interrupted by the demands of a 10½-month old, and then the editing window closed before I could strip out some genuine wtf characters.

I also don't know a lot of things, foremost among things pertaining to basketball. I get things wrong. I forget things. I repeat myself. I aim for better.

Some people just don't agree with my opinions. Makes sense that the street would run two ways.

Worst of all, I prattle on and on and on.

Just keep in mind that there's probably fewer than 2 or 3 dozen people who (carry the selves like they think they) don't make mistakes here. We need the highly certain people who want to call attention to it, or at least we attract them. You know, the guys who were all over Ryan Gomes and could've found an extra spot on the squad right next to Emeka Okafor. But I digress.

Sometimes these special folks misspell, mispunctuate, misuse adverbs, and proudly ignore & mangle syntax, usage, and all kinds of other grammar teachings. Probably best not to get too deep into that stuff if you're presenting yourself as 'light-years' better than other folks. You might get a tap on the shoulder by someone who nobody asked or empowered to correct others. Sorry, not sorry. I thought you could take it, and I was just trying to match your chosen energy.

And finally, I find myself getting choked up watching Ted Lasso at emotionally predictable times. Anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom