Welcome John Dunn: New OC | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Welcome John Dunn: New OC

Reaction Score
Incorrect. I insist only on competitiveness before I'll buy season tix. Nothing more. Went to four home games last year.

I stand I here incorrect. See u at the Rent my friend!

Reaction Score
What makes Dunn any less qualified than DannyO? At the very least, he has 13 more years coaching experience.
He did call the plays at Maryland for the rest of the season after they fired Edsall, with Locksley assuming head coaching responsibilities.

Reaction Score
I don't trust anyone. I ask a helluva lot of questions and peel back the onion until I get to a place where I am comfortable but fully aware of the all the risks. In this case, there is no need to get to that place. They either perform of they don't. When they start performing, I will start buying seasons tix again.
You can respect an established precedent of someone being a good judge of talent while remaining skeptical.

Reaction Score
Now that Lashlee’s gone Chief has chosen to share two details behind the friction I had indicated was occurring during last season between Randy and Lashlee. There are more that I may or may not reveal.

1) Randy thought Lashlee’s offense was big play not first down focused, therefore defense was on the field too much and wore down. Personally, I thought that was Randy being defensive on his Croacker hire.

2) We did not develop a running game that would make us successful in the red zone.

The reason I choose to reveal these two is I assume Randy will give Dunn a directive to improve in these areas and it will be easy to measure.
Couple questions: 1) do you think it would have been possible to develop a running game with the personnel available? I have my doubts and suspect that this reveals RE's historic run-first preference continues to this day and will into the future.

2.) Do you think this friction is what led to the Lashlee's move?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
2.) Do you think this friction is what led to the Lashlee's move?
Is it correct Lashlee bought a house here? If so, then that would lend credence to the idea he planned to stay longer - but then it didn’t work out family wise and perhaps philosophy wise.

Reaction Score
Get all that...but SEC coordinator versus QC coach...

Don't kid yourself, Gus Malzahn was the man behind Auburn's offense. Lashlee had minimal impact on that offense compared to most OCs.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have heard some of the boneyard wanted WR coach from Jacksonville. What makes Dunn so different?
What are you trying to ask? Dunn is a better candidate, IMO.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He did call the plays at Maryland for the rest of the season after they fired Edsall, with Locksley assuming head coaching responsibilities.
Yes.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don’t know how calling plays could be beyond someone.

It’s the easiest part of the job.

I don’t see how you can coach professionally and struggle with play calling.

I agree. Play teaching and executing is much more important than play calling.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I agree. Play teaching and executing is much more important than play calling.

Lashlees play calling left a lot to be desired, so I’m not really worried. Waaaay to many delayed inside handoffs to newsome on third and medium in our opponents territory

Reaction Score
Lashlees play calling left a lot to be desired, so I’m not really worried. Waaaay to many delayed inside handoffs to newsome on third and medium in our opponents territory
I totally agree. I would love to see more slant throws or TE action next year. Our TE weren’t used too much which worried me with Lashlee play calling.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I think that RE deserves the benefit of the doubt, and is a better judge of football playing and coaching talent than anyone on this board. I would like to hear NOCJD talk about his offensive philosophies. Also, RE referred to some things that JD picked up in watching film that would have improved our offensive performance.

Reaction Score
I'm confident that this will work out. The OC's main role is to design the offense. We are already hearing about running some plays from a huddle and from under center (along with the no huddle), which to me adds to the diversity of the offense and provides more looks and more opportunities to exploit the defense. Good points made about the TE being underused. Rose might be as athletic as anyone who has played that position here. Also think the OLine with continue to improve and could be really good. We might see people get knocked off the ball again. The offense is going to be good. I also like his recruiting experience.

We will also be seeing a lot of freshman starting on defense this year. The O will need to protect them, score points and at times, eat some clock. The D will have some hitters, which will result in more turnovers, but they will be vulnerable. They should be better by bowl season!

Reaction Score
I'm confident that this will work out. The OC's main role is to design the offense. We are already hearing about running some plays from a huddle and from under center (along with the no huddle), which to me adds to the diversity of the offense and provides more looks and more opportunities to exploit the defense. Good points made about the TE being underused. Rose might be as athletic as anyone who has played that position here. Also think the OLine with continue to improve and could be really good. We might see people get knocked off the ball again. The offense is going to be good. I also like his recruiting experience.

We will also be seeing a lot of freshman starting on defense this year. The O will need to protect them, score points and at times, eat some clock. The D will have some hitters, which will result in more turnovers, but they will be vulnerable. They should be better by bowl season!
What I want to see is to win one more game than the year before. In the near future I wouldn’t be surprised if we are bowl eligible almost every season.

Reaction Score
Obviously Dunn won't have much impact on the upcoming February signing but I'll be curious to see who he can attract from now til the December signing day.

knowing that UConn Nation got a decent taste to a fast paced offense for really the first time in their young D-1 history, I'm wondering how Dunn's offense will continue that trend as even Coach Edsall admits that is the way of present day college football. The guy hasn't coached a game yet in Huskyland so patience once again is needed. I just hope the offense can adapt to yet another OC. Every year there is a new one. Lets hope this guy sticks around long enough to get some continuity going.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So what does this mean?? Are those shocked eyes?? Curious tweet. (I suck at reading into tweets and that might be a good thing)

Edit: He is quoting the UConn Tweet announcing Dunn as the OC

Reaction Score
So what does this mean?? Are those shocked eyes?? Curious tweet. (I suck at reading into tweets and that might be a good thing)

Edit: He is quoting the UConn Tweet announcing Dunn as the OC

Those eyes where started from when Isaiah Thomas was in Boston. Every time something good happened to the Celtics like trades etc. he always tweeted with those eyes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom