Week of 2/12 Other games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/12 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Marquette looks really, really good right now, especially with Kolek back to his ultra-effective, ultra-cocky form again. Saturday is going to be a titanic test for both teams. And I already know I am going to be swearing at the screen at least once (probably more often) something like

"How $#! are we leaving that Good Damn Cocky White Boy open from 3 AGAIN!!!!"... right after he hits a 3 and is wagging his finger at our boisterous crowd.

And before you ask... yeah, I'm a white guy, too. Not that it should matter.
Right now I am getting nightmares thinking about Kolek and Iguadharo in the pick and roll

Reaction Score
Butler, Xavier, St. Johns, Providence, Seton Hall and Villanova are working on the exact sequence of game outcomes that will make the 2023-2024 Big East the best conference in history to only get 3 bids to the NCAA tournament.
And the ACC is doing the exact opposite. A few weeks ago they looked like a 3 bid league. A fortuitous two weeks later and suddenly 7 is not out of the question.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Cincinnati ever going to make the tournament again?
not gonna lie fellas. i could really go for a depaul/georgetown homestand right about now. maybe even a 6pm sunday game with tulsa.

Reaction Score
Watched Marquette tonight...they scored quite a bit in the paint at will.. Their guards can penetrate well, but they have proven to be a very cold outside shooting team so Shaka is probably forcing the issue to drive.. I don't see them scoring in the lane like they have been as of late come Saturday. I just don't think they can depend on hitting the 3 against us. They are capable no doubt with Jones, Joplin, & Kolek, but consistently? Kolek just one of those guys who you hate if you play against, but love him if he's on your team, which actually makes me respect the guy as that is what you want out of your leader. Any thoughts on how we play them defensively?

Reaction Score
not gonna lie fellas. i could really go for a depaul/georgetown homestand right about now. maybe even a 6pm sunday game with tulsa.
Serious question: do you know what channel the CBI selection show is on in a few weeks??

Reaction Score
New Mexico is abusing the slower Wolfpack. Guards are having their way off the dribble.

Reaction Score
I’ve watched a few of their games this season and every time I’m still amazed at how completely incompetent they are on defense. Literally any screens or movement from the opposing offense and their heads are all spinning.
Calipari is the Mario Cristobal of college basketball- ace recruiter, straight up terrible at coaching

Reaction Score
New Mexico is abusing the slower Wolfpack. Guards are having their way off the dribble.
As a night owl whose family all goes to bed early, I've been loving watching and betting on MWC games this year. There's always a good one on at 10 or 11pm after all the other games are done.

New Mexico really needs this one, they're famously great at home but lost 2 home games recently to just okay teams. They beat Nevada by 30 last time they played so I was a little surprised that Nevada was favored, even if Nevada is at home and won a couple big games lately. Just seems like a matchup advantage for UNM.

Up 10 at the half.

Reaction Score
As a night owl whose family all goes to bed early, I've been loving watching and betting on MWC games this year. There's always a good one on at 10 or 11pm after all the other games are done.

New Mexico really needs this one, they're famously great at home but lost 2 home games recently to just okay teams. They beat Nevada by 30 last time they played so I was a little surprised that Nevada was favored, even if Nevada is at home and won a couple big games lately. Just seems like a matchup advantage for UNM.

Up 10 at the half.
Nevada has no chance if this game reaches the 80s. They are so deliberate with the slower developing ball screens & post entries to Davidson. On the UNM side, House and Dent are doing whatever they want when they get a seam.

Reaction Score
Too much ISO with blackshear and New Mexico helped with the support defense on the final possession. UNM holds on by 1.

Reaction Score
If there one criticism with UNM it's the size of their guards on switches. They are small, especially if they run into bigger guards from a power conference. Aside from that, this is a quality team.

caw

Reaction Score
I’ve watched a few of their games this season and every time I’m still amazed at how completely incompetent they are on defense. Literally any screens or movement from the opposing offense and their heads are all spinning.

People love Sheppard but man I really hate the way he plays defense, at least on that team. He freelances a lot on defense off ball, which is great for getting steals but a good passing team would tear what he does apart because the rest of the guys are so horrendous at covering for him when he leaves his man. They just have no defensive cohesion or discipline.

Ole Miss is horrendous and when they started off with some decent ball screens they were getting wide open threes. I mean there was no one within five feet of some of their shots, shots they missed. Then they tried to force feed their center, when their center has zero post game.

Reaction Score
And the ACC is doing the exact opposite. A few weeks ago they looked like a 3 bid league. A fortuitous two weeks later and suddenly 7 is not out of the question.
7 is out of the question, there's no chance that's happening. I'd be shocked if they even got 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom