Week of 12/11 Other Games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week of 12/11 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Memphis/Clemson was a good game. I think Hardaway has done a great job this season. The last 90 seconds of this game was a chess match that Hardaway won. Quinerly was completely out of control last season on Alabama, and is finally, at 25, close to the player people expected when he came out of high school. Hardaway deserves a lot of credit for that.

Reaction Score
Mich St all over Baylor to start (up 25 fifteen minutes in). Good for us as Baylor has been creeping up to a similar range as us.
We are going to start seeing separation between the true contenders (us, Kansas, Purdue, Marquette) and those who are getting by on reputation.

Reaction Score
Purdue putting up 49 at halftime against Arizona. Scorching. 1.33 ppp while only making 1 FT. Loyer/Smith 6/9 from 3 combined for 32.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We are going to start seeing separation between the true contenders (us, Kansas, Purdue, Marquette) and those who are getting by on reputation.

Nah. We are going to keep seeing weird scores because there is so much talent in college basketball now that there are a lot of teams that can pull an upset.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't imagine that UCLA fans are excited about another "attaboy" loss to a good team.

Reaction Score
Was obviously sarcasm I know they wanna make MSU ranked though.
Sorry. Can't tell around here sometimes.

Should have seen the handle and assumed good faith.

Reaction Score
Are these two guys Big 10 or neutral announcers? They are having a lovefest for Purdue.

Reaction Score
Kansas ain't in that group.

They were very lucky they got UConn at home and that UConn came in there with: an injured Castle & Clingan and a Spencer who got hurt early in game.

Reaction Score
I think Kansas is good but they have no depth. I see them wearing down at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
It's getting a little ridiculous just how many streaming platforms everything is spread across - but tbh I don't mind peacock. All my subscriptions (for the most part) renew on Black Friday and for $1 and change a month there's a good amount of entertainment.

Reaction Score
Are these two guys Big 10 or neutral announcers? They are having a lovefest for Purdue.
I guess we complain about announcers a lot, a few posts ago it was an Arizona lovefest

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I don't see us losing to either of these teams. AZ putting up a good comeback fight rn.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Purdue putting up 49 at halftime against Arizona. Scorching. 1.33 ppp while only making 1 FT. Loyer/Smith 6/9 from 3 combined for 32.
I went to take the dog out at 17-all. I come back and Purdue is up 12. Couple minutes later it's tied again. AZ needs me.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't see us losing to either of these teams. AZ putting up a good comeback fight rn.
I think Purdue is at its ceiling and I've always thought we could beat them, even not at full strength, although Edey could create foul issues with both our bigs. AZ worries me a bit because of pace, ball movement and ability to create turnovers. Not sure if they're at their ceiling - they might get better. Right now I don't see us winning by double digits, but a lot depends on how well Castle and to a lesser extent Stewart comes along by tourney time.

Reaction Score
Penny finally realized that to win in college you need upper class men and not a bunch of top 50 kids. Some of the Memphis players have been in school long enough to get 2 degrees

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas ain't in that group.

They were very lucky they got UConn at home and that UConn came in there with: an injured Castle & Clingan and a Spencer who got hurt early in game.
I mean, sure. But they are still easily a top 10 team. I agree with @Drame on the lack of depth but they are starting to get contributions from the young guys.

With Houston holding on against a meh A&M team, are they the new #1? Is it UConn? Kansas? Purdue? I think Houston is in for a rude awakening in the Big XII. Right now UConn, Kansas, Purdue and Arizona look like the 1 seeds.

Reaction Score
A fine showing at Purdue for Zona but I guess it shouldn’t be that big of a surprise they were down double digits at times. Zona was hanging its hat on early wins against Duke and MSU which have turned out to be very mediocre.

Reaction Score
Where's AZ land on Monday?
Probably 5?

You'd think it should be something like:

1. Purdue
2. Kansas
3. Houston
4. UConn
5. Arizona

I'd swap UConn and Houston, and you can't put UConn ahead of Kansas yet with the head to head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom