Week of 1/1/24 Other Games | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/1/24 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i was built for losing games at the buzzer my friend. especially ones where the guy travels twice seconds apart.
Lolololol

Built for losing games……get used to it buddy

Reaction Score
my friend, seek help. you quote every post i make. it's not that serious.

the past two years our home conference opener was against tulane. you cant hurt my feelings.
That’s because I love you

Reaction Score
Purdue about to go down. The Nebraska big that Edey has been guarding has been giving him fits. Mobile big guy that can shoot the 3 and put the ball on the floor. Edey just not quick enough when he has to play that far out on the perimeter. That plus sending wave after wave of defender at Edey (and some insane perimeter shooting) made this a blowout.

caw

Reaction Score
Purdue about to go down. The Nebraska big that Edey has been guarding has been giving him fits. Mobile big guy that can shoot the 3 and put the ball on the floor. Edey just not quick enough when he has to play that far out on the perimeter. That plus sending wave after wave of defender at Edey (and some insane perimeter shooting) made this a blowout.

Random thoughts:

Sanogo would have destroyed Edey last year.

All three newbies to the big 12 lose tonight (BYU, Cincy and Houston).

1, 2, 17 and 18 down so far. 19 SDSU just started. 16 Auburn 2:29 left up 3 to A&M.

Reaction Score
Would have loved to see that matchup. The 3 point shot and drive to the basket he added last year would have been a challenge for Edey. Edey would have been a real tough ask for Sanogo on the defensive end though. It is for anyone.

caw

Reaction Score
Would have loved to see that matchup. The 3 point shot and drive to the basket he added last year would have been a challenge for Edey. Edey would have been a real tough ask for Sanogo on the defensive end though. It is for anyone.

I think Sanogo was strong enough to keep Edey from his favorite positions.

Reaction Score
The fact that Sanogo faced Clingan every day in practice last year would've helped him-he wouldn't be fazed by Edey's size like most opposing centers are before the tip off occurs.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Random thoughts:

All three newbies to the big 12 lose tonight (BYU, Cincy and Houston).

1, 2, 17 and 18 down so far. 19 SDSU just started. 16 Auburn 2:29 left up 3 to A&M.

We are talking a lot of smack on this board for a team that lost to Seton Hall.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
We are talking a lot of smack on this board for a team that lost to Seton Hall.
We are talking about last season. And yes, we lost to Seton Hall. But I seem to remember the season ending rather well. For Purdue? Not so much.

Reaction Score
The fact that Sanogo faced Clingan every day in practice last year would've helped him-he wouldn't be fazed by Edey's size like most opposing centers are before the tip off occurs.
I love Clingan, but Edey is a different animal. He had a real off night last night and put up 15/7 and 2 blocks on 6/10 from the floor. He’s also just quite a bit bigger than even Clingan. There’s no one in college basketball that is effectively guarding him 1-on-1 without throwing a ton of help there.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
24-13 with 8:33 left. SJU would be up 20 with better shot selection.

Reaction Score
Entertaining yet very poor game between SJU and PC. SJU has no offensive discipline. Carter is showing out for PC. He looks like the POY front runner in the BE.
Not much going for Alleyne, a lot of hero ball. Little Corey Floyd got pulled early and is shooting a healthy 10% from three. I’m rooting for Alleyne to pull it together but like @AntG168 I don’t have any positive feelings towards the CFJ situation

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In a different era, Soriano would be a mortal lock for the first round of the NBA draft. He is so good.

Reaction Score
Devin Carter playing his nutz off though. Gotta like this guy. Smart, sneaky, can defend and shoot.

Reaction Score
Devin Carter playing his nutz off though. Gotta like this guy. Smart, sneaky, can defend and shoot.
He's gotten SO much better since his days at South Carolina. Always was a plus defender and excellent athlete but he's a lot more skilled than he used to be. I used to play pickup with him a lot and his shot and ability off the dribble has improved immensely. Fun player to watch.

Reaction Score
He's gotten SO much better since his days at South Carolina. Always was a plus defender and excellent athlete but he's a lot more skilled than he used to be. I used to play pickup with him a lot and his shot and ability off the dribble has improved immensely. Fun player to watch.
I like Carter as much as one can like a PeeCee player - certainly gifted play but doesn’t trash much and stays calm. Cool you got to play with him. I’m sure there’s some stories there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom