Week of 1/1/24 Other Games | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/1/24 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Are you going to keep selling this?

There are points of proximity & connection akin to DFW, Twin Cities, Bay Area, but any official designation has been rejected each time it's been raised.

Are you claiming that Providence and Worcester are suburbs of Boston? Or just trying to build on an uncertain foundation and hope that nobody says anything?
Lexington Kentucky is only a little further from Cincinnati. He's shown himself to be the least knowledgeable BYer about the rest of the United States outside of the tri-state area for years now. Frequent inaccurate generalizations about most of the country.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I really hope the game doesn’t pass Izzo by while he’s too stubborn to realize it, but after reading his rant on analytics yesterday, I’m not so sure it won’t

He has a sweet 16 last year and a F4 a few years ago to hang his hat on, but otherwise it’s been 10 years since he consistently made the 2nd weekend

It was even more cringe listening to it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yeah they are basically a good West Coast team still. They will be exposed badly in league.

They don't suck. They are probably about as good as Providence was with Hopkins. 7 to 10 seed.

Reaction Score
I really hope the game doesn’t pass Izzo by while he’s too stubborn to realize it, but after reading his rant on analytics yesterday, I’m not so sure it won’t

He has a sweet 16 last year and a F4 a few years ago to hang his hat on, but otherwise it’s been 10 years since he consistently made the 2nd weekend

His whole "I can't coach the way I want to coach because kids are babies" excuse is getting tired.

Reaction Score
Cal snapped a 19-game PAC 12 losing streak against UCLA yesterday. Rough times for our old pal Mick Cronin.

What's going on with UCLA? A final four and two sweet 16s the past 3 years. 2 seed last year losing a 3 point game to 3 seed gonzaga. Is it injuries? Why are they struggling this year, haven't been paying attention. I know ucla fans have a very short leash and Cronin has likely already used up all that good will from the surprise final four trip.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
What's going on with UCLA? A final four and two sweet 16s the past 3 years. 2 seed last year losing a 3 point game to 3 seed gonzaga. Is it injuries? Why are they struggling this year, haven't been paying attention. I know ucla fans have a very short leash and Cronin has likely already used up all that good will from the surprise final four trip.
the alford recruits that carried him finally exhausted their 13 years of eligibility.

Reaction Score
the alford recruits that carried him finally exhausted their 13 years of eligibility.
How much rent does Mick pay you to live in your head?

You whine about Mick on another teams board. The worse part is your not even in the same conference and your still here. Does UConn pay rent to be in your head too?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Kobe won't be up front with his Alford BS
Mick has probably the youngest starting 5 of any major conference team - thats the issue
Beware of them in March for the last PAC tournament

Reaction Score

What’s ironic is that the analytical rating systems are all very high on Michigan State, as they’re in the top 20 in the four systems I check the most.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What’s ironic is that the analytical rating systems are all very high on Michigan State, as they’re in the top 20 in the four systems I check the most.

It is the second week of January and Michigan State’s second best win is over Butler. Maybe these analytical ratings systems could use a tuneup.

Reaction Score

They're just not very good and have little to no veteran leadership. Their offense - such that it is - is antiquated as hell, they are absolute bricklayers from the perimeter, and the collective body language is brutal. It probably doesn't help when Cronin says they're too dumb to understand his coaching or that his starting point guard wouldn't get five minutes a game on a good team in his post-game tirades. They are an incredibly depressing watch right now. Watching them against Cal I was having PTSD to some of the bleaker moments at the end of the prior regime in Storrs.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
How much rent does Mick pay you to live in your head?

You whine about Mick on another teams board. The worse part is your not even in the same conference and your still here. Does UConn pay rent to be in your head too?
kobe's trolling was cute for awhile. Now it's a cry for help.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
kobe's trolling was cute for awhile. Now it's a cry for help.
The trolling is merely guise that he uses to connect with a program that actually does experience success.

Reaction Score
Houston at Iowa State, Texas at Cincy, and BYU at Baylor tonight. Time for the Big 12 newbies to take off their training wheels.

Reaction Score
Houston at Iowa State, Texas at Cincy, and BYU at Baylor tonight. Time for the Big 12 newbies to take off their training wheels.
Minimum two losses for the newbies tonight and Houston is only favored by 2.5.......that one smells odd

Reaction Score
Georgetown getting slaughtered by Seton Hall. I don't know if Cooley brought in these guys but it doesn't even look like they are competitive.

Reaction Score
SH has not handled the zone well at all. Turned the game around.

Reaction Score
Cyclones going category 5 against Houston. Up 14-3 coming out of the under 12. Hope they finish the job so we have a shot to pass UH in the polls.

Obviously, we all know April is more important, but I doubt I’m the only one who really really really wants to see UConn with a “1” next to its name in the polls again.

Reaction Score
It's 28-24 with 7 minutes left in the first half.

At the half: Hall 39-31.

Georgetown 7-9 from two, 3-19 from three.

Another night of 17,000 empty seats at the loneliest arena east of Chicago.

Reaction Score
Houston learning that it’s harder to win games when you play real teams. Down 23-19 with 3 minutes left in the first half and just picked up a flagrant foul

caw

Reaction Score
Houston learning that it’s harder to win games when you play real teams. Down 23-19 with 3 minutes left in the first half and just picked up a flagrant foul

Half ended 31-21. Houston fouls a lot, even more than ISU. Refs are actually letting them play quite a lot.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gonna post this here too since it seems relevant.

We’d foul out by the second half if we defended like Houston.

Reactions: caw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits