Week of 1/1/24 Other Games | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/1/24 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Dayton is a suburb of Cincinnati, so U of C is at best the third best team in Cincinnati.
Are you going to keep selling this?

There are points of proximity & connection akin to DFW, Twin Cities, Bay Area, but any official designation has been rejected each time it's been raised.

Are you claiming that Providence and Worcester are suburbs of Boston? Or just trying to build on an uncertain foundation and hope that nobody says anything?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
What is creighton’s deal? I haven’t really watched a lot of them this year, watching them vs Prov right now and I cannot figure them out.

Feel like the trio of Alexander, Kalk and scheyerman should be as good as it gets in the BE but their losses don’t make sense to me. Now struggling to put an offensively challenged Providence away, at home, when they were up like 16.

Anyone have insights?
Their roster changes gave them potential elite three point shooting but they lost physical toughness, rebounding and the ability to create off the dribble. They can still beat very good teams but they also can lose to weaker teams when not shooting well

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
beautiful happy endings GIF
Super Bowl Sunday for you?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Super Bowl Sunday for you?
was a nice cherry on top of my sundae after watching the cincinnati bearcats (power conference member) secure the only top 5 net road win in the entire country.

schitts creek oh snap GIF by CBC

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
was a nice cherry on top of my sundae after watching the cincinnati bearcats (power conference member) secure the only top 5 net road win in the entire country.

schitts creek oh snap GIF by CBC
your only conference win so enjoy it- insufferable
just like your vaunted football team 1-8
Cinci will be the DePaul of the Big12
No Thanks to that
Enjoy

Reaction Score
NET: 50 KenPom: 42 BPI: 43 AP: 23???

how many deacons, bishops and pastors are ap voters? get these church league bums out of my poll please.
Giggle Smile GIF
Super late on this but it’s nice to see you back

Reaction Score
Every time I watch David Jones (Depaul to St Johns to Memphis), he goes crazy

Averaging 21 a game on 45% FG and 38% on threes

11 second half points so far and Memphis is up 4 with 7 and a half left after being down 15

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

11 second half points so far and Memphis is up 4 with 7 and a half left after being down 15
I wonder why Pitino didn't keep Jones.....

Reaction Score

Jahvon Quinerly iso stepback three with 3 seconds left to win it!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Jahvon Quinerly iso stepback three with 3 seconds left to win it!
The kid is a punk. He kept trying to score on the last several possessions trying to be a hero. He got blocked, and immediately pulled the other guys jersey to get him away from the rebound . Quinerly . Is it his 4th team?

Reaction Score
They can still beat very good teams but they also can lose to weaker teams when not shooting well
The numbers back that up. They are the 36th least consistent team in the country per Erik Haslam’s consistency metric*, where closer to 0 is more consistent. Theirs is -16.13, the least consistent rating is -19.83 (NC Central), and the most consistent rating is -8.27 (Grand Canyon). Ours is -10.58, which is the 38th most consistent.

*Consistency (Measure of difference between projected offensive/defensive efficiencies and their actual counterparts; Values closer to zero imply higher consistency)

IMG_4155.jpeg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Are you going to keep selling this?

There are points of proximity & connection akin to DFW, Twin Cities, Bay Area, but any official designation has been rejected each time it's been raised.

Are you claiming that Providence and Worcester are suburbs of Boston? Or just trying to build on an uncertain foundation and hope that nobody says anything?

Why are you constantly stepping to the defense of trolls like Kobe? You aren't the only one that attacks Boneyarders in defense of trolls, but like most things you do, you are the most annoying about it.

Reaction Score
Fairfield has now won eight in a row with one guard (Goodine) dropping 40 on Friday night amd another (Fields) 33 this afternoon. Good team this year
I saw this and thought about @Fan1978 who I believe mentioned he is a Fairfield grad on another thread. Congrats bud. I don’t think Fairfield had a D1 win this year until they began this streak. Incredible string of games which nobody saw coming. It’s nice to see Connecticut schools getting some wins. Let’s hope it continues.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Why are you constantly stepping to the defense of trolls like Kobe?
What thoroughly preposterous characterization: I've criticized your overreach in claiming that Dayton is a suburb of Cincinnati. Constantly? I wouldn't even claim that you are "constantly" misleading or exaggerating in how you phrase things, just enough to draw my attention.
You aren't the only one that attacks Boneyarders in defense of trolls, but like most things you do, you are the most annoying about it.
You seem to troll with greater frequency than Kobe, though he does so in a greater percentage of his posts.

Sometimes, I harbor suspicions that you and Kobe are the same person, and that when you get upset, you look like Mick Cronin jumping up and down like an angry member of the Lollipop Guild. Then again, somebody speculated the other day that you and I are the same person.

Imagine the boost your posting reception would get if you posted regularly in good faith and decent proportion. Give it a try some time.

Reaction Score
Looks like an elbow to face to me, not surprised it was flagrant
Guy was playing the ball. I guess just lower your head and fund elbow. Unless he had eyes in back of head he probably did not even know he contacted his hunters head

Reaction Score
The kid is a punk. He kept trying to score on the last several possessions trying to be a hero. He got blocked, and immediately pulled the other guys jersey to get him away from the rebound . Quinerly . Is it his 4th team?
Will be lucky to play in Europe

caw

Reaction Score
BYU has a solid resume...for a bubble team. I didn't get the high ranking either.

Yeah they are basically a good West Coast team still. They will be exposed badly in league.

Reaction Score
Mich State lost by dbl digits to Northwestern, since it was a road loss Seth Davis will probably argue they belong in the top 15
I really hope the game doesn’t pass Izzo by while he’s too stubborn to realize it, but after reading his rant on analytics yesterday, I’m not so sure it won’t

He has a sweet 16 last year and a F4 a few years ago to hang his hat on, but otherwise it’s been 10 years since he consistently made the 2nd weekend

Reaction Score
I saw this and thought about @Fan1978 who I believe mentioned he is a Fairfield grad on another thread. Congrats bud. I don’t think Fairfield had a D1 win this year until they began this streak. Incredible string of games which nobody saw coming. It’s nice to see Connecticut schools getting some wins. Let’s hope it continues.
Trinity of Hfd at #8 for Div 3 isn't too bad!

Reaction Score
your only conference win so enjoy it- insufferable
just like your vaunted football team 1-8
Cinci will be the DePaul of the Big12
No Thanks to that
Enjoy
Let's be real if any team is the DePaul of the Big 12 it's UCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom