Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Cal has a loss to Arizona State and that is a bad loss.

The win over Auburn is about the same as the wins over Washington and Washington State. All bubble teams.
I looked at their schedule, but I missed that one.

Reaction Score
In the battle of the Big South basement dwellers, last in conference UNC Asheville beats Gardner-Webb by 1 whole point to advance to the second round.

This is for the honor to play the conference leader, High Point.

Reaction Score
Game three - coming back into the arena after dinner I bumped into ex Sun Devil Sydnei Caldwell. Caldwell transferred to Penn after her freshman year. Anyway, degreed from Penn she is working in the front office for the Aces. Made my day! Her best friend from ASU days, Eboni Walker now is at tOSU.

In the first real game of the tournament the kitties lead the Huskies by 3 midway through the 3rd.

Kittie frosh Skylar Jones is real good as is 5th year Pueyo

Edit - kitties up by 7 at the end of the 3rd

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Minnesota leading Rutgers 66-61 with 4 min. to go. But not if Destiny Adams has anything to do with it: she's got 27 points and a Big Ten Tourney record 22 rebounds so far. The Jersey Shore produce and North Transfer is relentless...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Waiting expectantly for @LETTERL 's endorsement of Tina Langley. Another game w/ a late rally that comes up a bit short. And another exciting trip to the WNIT to look forward to.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Huskies didn't want to make this one look too close, got outscored 6-0 in the final 1:19. Bah humbug. A few good games, but overall a really disappointing season.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Minnesota leading Rutgers 66-61 with 4 min. to go. But not if Destiny Adams has anything to do with it: she's got 27 points and a Big Ten Tourney record 22 rebounds so far. The Jersey Shore produce and North Transfer is relentless...
Minnesota wins 77-69 with point guard scoring a career high 32 points. The hometown team will move on to play Michigan. Kudos to Rutger's Destiny Adams who had the first 30-20 performance in B1G Tournament history, with 31 points and 23 rebounds. She shot 12-24 and pretty much single-handedly kept the Scarlet Knights in the mix.

Reaction Score
Minnesota wins 77-69 with point guard scoring a career high 32 points. The hometown team will move on to play Michigan. Kudos to Rutger's Destiny Adams who had the first 30-20 performance in B1G Tournament history, with 31 points and 23 rebounds. She shot 12-24 and pretty much single-handedly kept the Scarlet Knights in the mix.
I hope she’s not a senior

Reaction Score
Game 4- Utah, averaging over 90 ppg hold themselves to 15 in the first quarter as the hapless Devils, in pursuit of a second consecutive 20 loss season, with senior guard Jadden Simmons on the bench with a knee injury are up by two at the end of the first.

Edit- second quarter Simmons back in the game and Utes take the lead as the Devils are determined to not defend the perimeter, a GREAT strategy against the Utes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
the Devils are determined to not defend the perimeter, a GREAT strategy against the Utes.
To quote the movie Dodgeball, "That's a bold strategy, let's see if it pays off." :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado-Oregon: 109 combined points
Cal-Washington St.: 109 combined points.
Arizona-Washington: 108 combined poins

Utah-Arizona St. at 99 combined points thru Q3, I don't think they're going to follow the pattern.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I hope she’s not a senior
She's a junior: one more season. #22 HG Kiyomi McMiller, a point guard from New Jersey, is coming in next year, which will help a bit.
Coach Q has to avail herself and the program to the strong high school programs in the state to get players.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Buenos Dias mis amigos! A full day of sports ball A few minor upsets in conf tourneys yesterday. Changing up the game grid, now showing conf seeding, with top 25 teams still bolded. Teams marked in red are the upsets in yesterday's first rounds.
1709814060481.jpeg

Reaction Score
I guess you aren't including the Triad (W-S, Greensboro and High Point) :).
Probably best team in the Greensboro—WinstonSalem—Burlington (aka the Triad) area!
Wake deserves all the ribbing you can muster, and I won't argue the Deacs are much of a threat to a good team, but they have followed a 14-game losing streak by winning three of their last five games.

I'll give credit to the Deacons for not throwing in the towel. As they face their likely season ender this evening, they are now the best 7-24 team in town!;)

Reaction Score
Shout out to Helena Pueyo. I'm a UConn fan so I know what it's like to want it deep in ur soul for ur best players to be more aggressive jk. With all the turnover on the team she's kinda been forced to. Incredible stat line last night with 14 pts 5 assist 5 steals 4 blocks 3 rebounds and played all 40. I was looking at box scores and she played 49 minutes vs Oregon State and shot 3 times. So wild. And I've seen press conferences and the journalist ask Coach Adia Barnes directly, y doesn't she shoot more, and she's kinda like I try but its just not her, she's only going to take good shots. I've always liked her game but wanted her to do more.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Buenos Dias mis amigos! A full day of sports ball A few minor upsets in conf tourneys yesterday. Changing up the game grid, now showing conf seeding, with top 25 teams still bolded. Teams marked in red are the upsets in yesterday's first rounds.
View attachment 97337
I'm glad you are including the tournament seeding for each team.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
A quick update on NET from WN's site as of yesterday's results. Here are the largest movers, both +/-, from the top 12 conferences.
1709823933005.jpeg

Reaction Score
Wake deserves all the ribbing you can muster, and I won't argue the Deacs are much of a threat to a good team, but they have followed a 14-game losing streak by winning three of their last five games.

I'll give credit to the Deacons for not throwing in the towel. As they face their likely season ender this evening, they are now the best 7-24 team in town!;)
Higher Massey Rating than Triad rivals UNC-Greensboro, NC A&T, High Point, and Elon!

Reaction Score
Shout out to Helena Pueyo. I'm a UConn fan so I know what it's like to want it deep in ur soul for ur best players to be more aggressive jk. With all the turnover on the team she's kinda been forced to. Incredible stat line last night with 14 pts 5 assist 5 steals 4 blocks 3 rebounds and played all 40. I was looking at box scores and she played 49 minutes vs Oregon State and shot 3 times. So wild. And I've seen press conferences and the journalist ask Coach Adia Barnes directly, y doesn't she shoot more, and she's kinda like I try but its just not her, she's only going to take good shots. I've always liked her game but wanted her to do more.
Helena Pueyo is one of the very best defenders I've ever seen from PAC-12. I'm certain the WNBA pro scouts who like defenders are salivating over Pueyo. Not only defense, but Pueyo is just a great all-around hooper that is incredibly versatile, and physically gifted. Often plays the entire 40 minutes (or more in OT games).

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Helena Pueyo is one of the very best defenders I've ever seen from PAC-12. I'm certain the WNBA pro scouts who like defenders are salivating over Pueyo. Not only defense, but Pueyo is just a great all-around hooper that is incredibly versatile, and physically gifted. Often plays the entire 40 minutes (or more in OT games).
+1. For a player who's 6', notching nearly 100 steals in a season is real impressive, especially since she rarely gets into foul trouble. And she's got a nearly 2.5:1 A:TO ratio. And she can play 1-4. Barnes had such high praise for her last night and literally said - I don't know what we're going to do next season without her.

All that said, I'll be interested to see if she lands in the W or overseas. I kind of see her eating it up in a Euro league, whose style of play I think suits her even better.

Reaction Score
BC leads Lou late!
What has happened to the Cards??

Things are setting up quite nicely for ND if they get BC and VT without Kitley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom