Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Oregon has mustered up 23 points with 6 minutes left in the game, they currently trail Colorado by 46. 5 years ago Oregon has legitimately one of the best offensive teams of all time led by Ionescu, avergaing 86 ppg with shooting splits of 51/40/77.

I have to imagine this is the end of the road for Graves. It's not just that they've had a rough few years, but they've completely plummeted to becoming the worst team in the Pac 12 and will finish the season with 14 straight losses. Everyone is transferring out and there's no sign that they'll right the ship any time soon.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I have to imagine this is the end of the road for Graves. It's not just that they've had a rough few years, but they've completely plummeted to becoming the worst team in the Pac 12 and will finish the season with 14 straight losses. Everyone is transferring out and there's no sign that they'll right the ship any time soon.
Have you seen a report that they're all transferring out? Or just surmising?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
The Day of the Dregs at the ACC and SEC tournaments.

The riveting halftime studio discussion could begin: “Muffet, in the last game you ever coached, you lost on a Wednesday in the ACC tournament to Pitt. Give us some insight into how the losing coaches will feel today.”
I think it's the time of year for you to dredge out that one amazing head in hands sequence meme...

Reaction Score
30 points by Oregon is nasty work. I really did think Oregon had a thing. Like they were gonna be a staple program. It's sad to see them totally fall off. IDK how they build it back up.

Side note feel bad for Mackenzie Holmes. I feel like this is 3 years straight that she's dealing with injuries heading into the conference tournament and NCAA tournament.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Have you seen a report that they're all transferring out? Or just surmising?

I was referring to Graves' inability to keep recruits since Ionescu left. I have no idea what this current crop of players is doing at the end of the season, but Oregon has been a revolving door of talented players the last few years.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I was referring to Graves' inability to keep recruits since Ionescu left. I have no idea what this current crop of players is doing at the end of the season, but Oregon has been a revolving door of talented players the last few years.
79-30. 49 points in a conference tournament that gave the opportunity to at least go out fighting.
And they scored single digits in three of the quarters, finishing with a robust 11 in the fourth quarter.
Now, I know Colorado is fighting for a 4-seed, but don't let them roll over you.

I was about to write something that Coach Graves needs to sit down with his sophomore class of forwards Grace VanSlooten, point guard Chance Gray and forward Kennedy Basham and how they can come back strong next year with junior center Phillipina Kyei. But this group has been together and they're taking steps backwards.
Remember, Texas emigre Sammie Wagner...she's morphing into the bench.

Well, the portal starts after the NCAA entrants are announced, right? If so, we'll see soon enough how those conversations have gone or if the results of this year will talk.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Game two in Vegas......well marginally closer to D1 basketball. Bears, who swept Cougs regular season lead 30-14 at the half.

Two observations regarding the Harvard of the West

1. Greek guard Krimili during player into - working on a graduate extension certificate....hum?

2. Onyiah is a BEAST, having her way in the paint.

Wonder if game three and the kitties will be competitive. I know Utah will abuse the Devils in the night cap..

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wonder if game three and the kitties will be competitive.
Washington and Arizona played 2 close games during the season. A 3 OT game is about as competitive as you can get. So...maybe?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The crazy MAC still has 2 regular season games left. 2nd place Ball St. and 3rd place Kent St. are battling it out right now. If BSU wins they stay within striking range of first. If KSU wins they will force a tie for 2nd.

Reaction Score
I can't see Florida State, as mercurial as they are, losing to either one of these two teams tomorrow (UVA or Wake). My goodness. :oops:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I have no idea what the committee will make of WSU. They mostly looked a hot mess ever since Leger-Walker went out — except for their huge road win at Colorado. But going 0-3 vs. Cal and ending on a blowout loss is a bad look.

I can't see Florida State, as mercurial as they are, losing to either one of these two teams tomorrow (UVA or Wake). My goodness. :oops:
Florida State lost at home to Virginia back in January.

Reaction Score
Florida State lost at home to Virginia back in January.
That's true, but (if UVA wins) FSU will be playing a UVA team that didn't play particularly well the night before (while they had an extra day of rest). Of course, FSU plays no defense, so who knows.

Reaction Score
Wake Forest has to be the least talented team in the ACC (if they aren't they're pretty close). For this to be a 2-point deficit by them this deep into the game is--not good! Wake up, UVA!!!!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal wins 65-44. Pac 12 tourney seems like it's always hard to predict.

Cal is different than the other Pac 12 bubble teams. They managed to avoid bad losses, but picked up no good wins in conference. All of the Ws were against the Washington schools, Oregon and Arizona St. Is Auburn in OOC a good win?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wake Forest has to be the least talented team in the ACC (if they aren't they're pretty close). For this to be a 2-point deficit by them this deep into the game is--not good! Wake up, UVA!!!!
Don't underestimate Wake. They're almost certainly the best 6-24 team in the greater Winston-Salem area.

Reaction Score
I cannot believe what I am witnessing. What a choke job! Coach Mox...OMG. :oops:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Cal wins 65-44. Pac 12 tourney seems like it's always hard to predict.

Cal is different than the other Pac 12 bubble teams. They managed to avoid bad losses, but picked up no good wins in conference. All of the Ws were against the Washington schools, Oregon and Arizona St. Is Auburn in OOC a good win?
Cal has a loss to Arizona State and that is a bad loss.

The win over Auburn is about the same as the wins over Washington and Washington State. All bubble teams.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I cannot believe what I am witnessing. What a choke job! Coach Mox...OMG. :oops:
15-pt. lead for UVA and 20-1 run by Wake.
Hey, didn't the Deacs beat FSU last year (of course, the Seminoles didn't have Latson and the Deacs had Spear, but Elyse Williams played ball today).

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Don't underestimate Wake. They're almost certainly the best 6-24 team in the greater Winston-Salem area.
I guess you aren't including the Triad (W-S, Greensboro and High Point) :).

Reaction Score

Probably best team in the Greensboro—WinstonSalem—Burlington (aka the Triad) area!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom