Week 13 - Other Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 13 - Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really hard to predict who wins the Big XII. At the moment, I think they will all keep beating each other and the top 5 will be pretty close. Nobody seems to have separated.
Yes, and for what it's worth I have futures bets of just about all of the top Big XII contenders (except Texas, can't stomach betting on them) to the Final Four. Hopefully they're not all frauds.

Reaction Score
No UConn games this weekend so my key games to track for UConn relevance (our key resume wins to date) :

. Bama @ Oklahoma - Go Bama (Sat 2p espn)
. IA St @ MO - Go Cyclones (Sat 2p espn2)
. X @ Creighton - Go Bluejays (Sat noon cbs)
. Fla @ K St - Go Gators (Sat 6p espn2) - Fla a bubble team so need wins
. Ole Miss @ OK St - Go Cowboys (Sat 8p espn2) - OK St a bubble team so need wins
. Utah @ OR - Go Ducks (Sat 8p) - OR outside of bubble so need wins

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Check out this dunk from the one-armed Hansel Emmanuel!

The freshman is more than just a good story: the Northwestern State Demons have a 13-8 overall record and has averaged 6 mpg as one of the team's reserve guards.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Nate Oats and Alabama down 50-33 on the road to 11-9 Oklahoma. Wonder what their fans are saying about Oats?

Reaction Score
Our 2 best wins, Alabama and Iowa State, are both going to end up losing today. Weird college basketball year this is

Reaction Score
Our 2 best wins, Alabama and Iowa State, are both going to end up losing today. Weird college basketball year this is
Both lost big on road but doesn't help our Metrics at all :eek:.... we might have to actually start winning games again.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Top 25 today so far:
HELPS HURTS
#2 Alabama, Q1 loss to Oklahoma

#3 Houston, Q3 win over Cincy
#7 Virginia, Q4 win over BC
#12 Iowa St., Q1 loss to Missouri
#13 Xavier, Q1 loss to Creighton
#15 Auburn, Q1 loss to WVU
#16 Marquette, Q3 win over DePaul
#17 Baylor, Q1 win over Arkansas
#18 Charlotte, Q3 loss to Hofstra (ouch)
#20 Miami, Q1 loss to Pitt!!!
#21 FAU, Q4 win over W. Kentucky
------------
#13 TCU starting OT @Miss St.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Haven't been on the Pitt board yet, but I think that after today, there might be some opinions that Capel was actually the right guy. I thought Pitt was toast at halftime, and then at least four times in last 10 minutes when every run they made was immediately answered by Miami. And then with a one point lead, Pitt inbounder threw a bounce pass that hit the OB line under 10 seconds. But Pitt had consecutive stops, including just ripping the ball away from Wong. Pretty damned impressive win. And Pitt's first sellout since 2019.

caw

Reaction Score
TCU down

One of the UTs will lose, so 8 teams today.

What a crazy year.

Reaction Score
Watching Texas vs Tennessee. I think Tennessee is the best team in the country. What may prevent them from winning the championship is the coach. No confidence in Rick Barnes.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Freaking Clemson. Three of their last six wins have been by one point, and all won in final two minutes. They just don't seem that talented, but they know how to close.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Haven't been on the Pitt board yet, but I think that after today, there might be some opinions that Capel was actually the right guy. I thought Pitt was toast at halftime, and then at least four times in last 10 minutes when every run they made was immediately answered by Miami. And then with a one point lead, Pitt inbounder threw a bounce pass that hit the OB line under 10 seconds. But Pitt had consecutive stops, including just ripping the ball away from Wong. Pretty damned impressive win. And Pitt's first sellout since 2019.
That would be a stupid conclusion to draw. Beating an overrated Miami at home doesn’t make up for years of irrelevance and 7 losses this year. He’s been a disastrous hire for a once very strong program.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Dajuan Harris for Kansas has really gotten so good. Great qb type pg.

Orc

Reaction Score
Sucks to say this but Pitt has a better team than Uconn this year . Theyll look really good

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That would be a stupid conclusion to draw. Beating an overrated Miami at home doesn’t make up for years of irrelevance and 7 losses this year. He’s been a disastrous hire for a once very strong program.
Capel is still in a precarious position due to nepotism on staff, but he's got a team that will play for him, and he's making smart coaching decisions. Pitt has as many Q1 wins as UConn, even though they realistically only go 6 deep with Hugley sidelined. They're fun to watch. Hinson and Burton would both find significant minutes in Storrs.

caw

Reaction Score
Sucks to say this but Pitt has a better team than Uconn this year . Theyll look really good

This is absurd. If you want to make the claim they are playing better right now, fine but let’s not pretend OOC didn’t happen. For that matter they lost to FSU a week ago. Pitt plays to its competition way too much.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Nate Oats and Alabama down 50-33 on the road to 11-9 Oklahoma. Wonder what their fans are saying about Oats?
Ohio St loses by 16 to Indiana. Fans saying fire Holtmann. Every fan base thinks their HOF savior is 1 call away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom