Week 13 - Other Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 13 - Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No other current top 25 win but they beat Duke when they were #7, beat Indiana when they were #14. Those will be good wins along with Wisconsin but they're schedule is a gauntlet. Next game is Kentucky and then a bunch of ranked Big 12 teams.
If they don’t start getting something from Harris they are going go to struggle. Teams key on Wilson and Dick and they are easy to defend. UConn fans should understand.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Syracuse finds new ways to lose every week, but tonight they got screwed by the refs

Reaction Score
checked out the ending and it was brutal to watch. I guess unc sucked less than cuse

Reaction Score
Syracuse finds new ways to lose every week, but tonight they got screwed by the refs
They definitely got the short end of a lot of 50/50 calls in that second half. I have no issue with the final flagrant and charge on Mintz though. He’s super impressive getting to the hoop but every game I’ve watched of there’s, he has at least a few bull in a china shop type of drives like those.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I think Joe Girard passing the ball straight to UNC under their own basket and then Mintz running at 100 MPH over the defender may have had a bigger impact than the refs on the loss
Both of those plays were necessary to outdumb UNC.

Reaction Score
I can't help but cheer for Akok, he had a good game and played with so much energy and enthusiasm. Good to see him get a win.
Yeah. Truly inspiring to watch his all-out effort despite his team's situation. Something about him, he's a special kid.

Reaction Score
Does any team have two better wins on the year than UConn? Bama and ISU are 3/9 in NET and 3/12 kenpom, both neutral court. Those wins have carried so far, especially ISU which I wasn’t sure would even be ranked after we beat them

Reaction Score
Does any team have two better wins on the year than UConn? Bama and ISU are 3/9 in NET and 3/12 kenpom, both neutral court. Those wins have carried so far, especially ISU which I wasn’t sure would even be ranked after we beat them
Arizona beat UCLA and Tennessee, both top 5, but both were at home.

Reaction Score
Pure conjecture on my part, but I believe the rash of out of bounds calls occurred after they moved the 3-pt line out. Maybe after years of playing with the old line, players are used to standing a certain distance from the 3-pt line and can't break old habits.

View attachment 83386
There is not a lot of room at all out there where the 3-point line is straight.

Watching highlights of old games, it's insane how close the old 3-point line was and a wonder that it took 30 years for this to be a focal point of many teams' offenses.

Reaction Score
Those wins have aged amazingly.

I got Iowa State to the Final Four at +1800 last month, looking pretty good now.

Reaction Score
Those wins have aged amazingly.

I got Iowa State to the Final Four at +1800 last month, looking pretty good now.
At this rate they could be look at a Des Moines regional too, right?

Reaction Score
At this rate they could be look at a Des Moines regional too, right?
Not sure. I think whoever wins the Big XII (especially if Kansas) is looking at a #1 seed there, and they wouldn't put ISU as a #3 seed or whatever there as well.

Reaction Score
If you guys would like an appetizer for tonight, New Hampshire is currently playing Albany on ESPN plus.

Andre’s brother, Marcus, started for the Great Danes, and already has nine points in the first half.

He’s #44.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not sure. I think whoever wins the Big XII (especially if Kansas) is looking at a #1 seed there, and they wouldn't put ISU as a #3 seed or whatever there as well.
Really hard to predict who wins the Big XII. At the moment, I think they will all keep beating each other and the top 5 will be pretty close. Nobody seems to have separated.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I had no idea you could even order Uber Eats while at a college BB game.

Keep an eye on lower right corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle