We should take no joy in P's firing. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We should take no joy in P's firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He's a good man. From what I could tell, he ran a clean program. But in the end, he had to go. He hitched his horse to a wagon called GDL (who is also probably a good man), and he lost the team. He has been and will continue to be well compensated for his commitment to UConn, and I wish him well in the future...

Reaction Score
PP should never have been hired in the first place, so there can be no delight in his firing. He was not the right man for the job - too conservative, too boring, and as we've seen, a man with flaws in his game. At best he could have been a caretaker. Maybe he could have kept a program like Ohio State afloat until they got a Urban Meyer type. But he was definitely the wrong guy to take Connecticut to the next level.

Reaction Score
Shutup, he set you guys back years. You should be celebrating. You guys were painful to watch with him at the helm.
Are you referring to the game where his team knocked Rutgers out of a BCS game? I would imagine that was painful for you.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
I take no joy in a decent man being fired. I feel no remorse in removing a man that has helped destroy our program.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He refused to fire his incompetent buddy and put friendship above what was best for the team. No sympathy.

This can't be said enough. A couple of aging con men got away clean with a $7M haul.

Reaction Score
Not insulting him or dancing on his grave. Just relieved that he's not our program's life-sucking coach anymore.

Now someone fetch a flashlight so we can find our way out of this dark abyss.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Are you kidding? This is the best day I've had being a UCONN football fan since last year when those false Twitter rumors about DeLeone to the Giants surfaced! Results oriented business and he gave us 10-18 football with losses to inferior teams like Buffalo, Towson, W Michigan, Temple, USF, etc over the years. Had to go. Let's get this thing back on track! Go Dahgs!!

Reaction Score
Liked the man as a person. Class act off of the field the few times that I met him. But football had passed him by. Best wishes to him in future endeavors. Let's move on.

Reaction Score
Nice man, but his fastball had long left him. So obvious watching that Buffalo game.

Reaction Score
He's a good man. From what I could tell, he ran a clean program. But in the end, he had to go. He hitched his horse to a wagon called GDL (who is also probably a good man), and he lost the team. He has been and will continue to be well compensated for his commitment to UConn, and I wish him well in the future...

P may be a good guy. GDL is not.

Reaction Score
I also spoke with him a few times - he's a nice guy, no doubt.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy today.

Reaction Score
I'm happy as hell. I did a fist pump when I heard he was fired. Now get a young southern coach who knows about football to take over the program. How can anyone feel sorry for someone who has made millions while being totally inept. Thank god it is is over!!! I love my college too much to see it go down Athelectically in flames. This is a great day for UCONN sports!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Can we celebrate the fleeing ghost of Jeff Hathaway? Be gone demon. Be gone.

That grave is one to dance on. I sincerely hope our most handsomest politicians in Hartford pass a statute awarding public commendations to those who do.

Reaction Score
We just went from this....

1334815108_titanic.jpg

To this.....so dance away
titanic_king_of_the_world.jpg

Reaction Score
It's a good day for UConn athletics. Accountability has been restored to the football program. These are all positives.

Not a time be petty.

Reaction Score
It's a good day for UConn athletics. Accountability has been restored to the football program. These are all positives.

Not a time be petty.

I'm happy with the decision, and am thankful that it happened now rather than later. I don't blame anyone who wants to dance the night away and do shots of tequila like its Thirsty Thursday at Senor Frogs. I'm not going to continue to kick the man while he is down (for much longer anyway ;)). I do need the cathartic release for just a bit longer.

However, after today, I hope we turn back towards football. Who are we recruiting? Can we salvage the season? What do we need to do to move forward, hopefully towards a better conference?

It is well past time for Uconn fans to have something to be happy about, and this is the best thing we have going. So enjoy it. However, we are a fanbase that understands that winning is what matters, so getting back to focusing on that is imperative over the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom