We Need To Quit the Big East | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We Need To Quit the Big East

Reaction Score
No it wasn't. He barely had any leg kick. It was just a horrendous call by the ref looking for something that really wasn't there. If they reviewed that call they would of reversed it.
I just watched the replay. He moved both his legs together and then when the defender got to him he stuck his right leg out farther unnaturally.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I swear people are trying to get hung these days.
At some point we need to decide if we're going to continue to do hangings. Ritual suicide worked so well last season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just watched the replay. He moved both his legs together and then when the defender got to him he stuck his right leg out farther unnaturally.
In real time and on the replay during the game it looked fine to me. Do you have a link?

Reaction Score

He did all that and made the shot?

Forget the NBA, he needs to go right to the Globetrotters

Reaction Score
It was the right call on Newton.

Usually respect your opinion @auror. But just watched that play again... and no. Just, NO.

No way was that a foul on Newton that was an absolutely atrocious call. I mean ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS. #5 Farabello was running over in desperation, jumping with an outstretched hand out of control toward and then into Newton's legs, and Newton did nothing wrong.

Nothing. Absolute Horse-bleep call. That is a trip on the defender 999 out of 1,000 times. I have NEVER seen that called any other way. Should have been a 3-and-1.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We have a 3 page thread complaining about the refs tonight? This board is becoming a parody.

Reaction Score
If you were to video yourself taking a long (for you) shot, I guarantee there would be at least a little leg movement to generate force, help with balance. And it would look similar to what Newton did. Which was minimal.

That was a normal three point shot, which he made, with contact from the defender. He should have been going for the 4th from the line.

That being said, I saw a Creighton defender bumped by our guy mid layup hit the deck with no call, so I've got to wonder if the refs are just bad and not maliciously so.

Reaction Score
overall I thought the refs were VERY good last night. They let them play, good flow to the game, only one review, and neither team was in the bonus until Creighton put UConn there intentionally to extend the game In the second half. That’s the way games should be called. Anyone who saw this differently, not sure what you are expecting out of the stripes.

Reaction Score
Anywhere!

Colonial, Big Sky, who cares?

Big Est sucks balls!

All of those fouls called in the final 4 minutes should have been called all game.

We should have an could have won by 30.

Even up 20 I was apoplectic at the horrendous officiating.

We have to get out of this dysfunctional, abusive relationship.
Colonial, Big Sky lmao, you could’ve at least said the big 12 if your gonna go on a rant at least sound some what reasonable.

Reaction Score
BE opponents are shooting 25.3 free throws against us. Last night Creighton shot 6

I’ve come to terms with the fact that BE officials are bad and will miss a lot of calls. So all I can ask for is that they call it evenly. They called it evenly yesterday

Newton offensive foul was garbage but so was Trey’s. They swallowed their whistle when Clingan was in the paint but also when Samson hip checked guards while hedging. Hell they even gave us a free 10 second clock runoff at the end of the game and didn’t even review it lol. Lots of valid gripes about officiating this season but last night wasn’t one of them

Reaction Score
I thought it may have been the best officiated game this year. A few questionable calls but it is easy for us to criticize. I want those 3 guys every game. Try watching a women’s game if you want to see bad refs. One of the reasons I don’t watch women’s basketball

Reaction Score
No way. The big east is the best conference for UConn due to playing in Northeast. We get iconic matchups against schools in from NYC, Philly, DC.
The Big East does have the worst refs in the country, but that is a fixable problem. Everyone just needs to find a way to contact BiG East commissioners and repeatedly flood them with complaints until they improve the officiating.

Reaction Score
I thought it may have been the best officiated game this year. A few questionable calls but it is easy for us to criticize. I want those 3 guys every game. Try watching a women’s game if you want to see bad refs. One of the reasons I don’t watch women’s basketball
I agree, but that is a low bar. It was the best mainly because unlike other Big East teams, Creighton doesn’t foul you three times on every possession. They play defense without fouling.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
No way. The big east is the best conference for UConn due to playing in Northeast. We get iconic matchups against schools in from NYC, Philly, DC.
The Big East does have the worst refs in the country, but that is a fixable problem. Everyone just needs to find a way to contact BiG East commissioners and repeatedly flood them with complaints until they improve the officiating.
You can flood Val's inbox all you want for all it will do.

But, John Cahill, head of officiating, has no email that they list.

Kind of tells you all you need to know.

He knows he sucks at his job. They know he sucks at his job, and they just don't care.

Alternatively, they know that we all think they suck, but, in their opinion, things are going precisely the way they wish them to go, and they don't want to hear any complaints.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Newton got mugged every time he touched the ball.

He drained a 3, and while he was in the air, got called for the foul. When, in fact, Newton was the guy who got.fouled by the defender who flew in there, late to the party and out of control.

Some casual fans might call thata "momentum killer". We had 4 points subtracted from us, Newton (having one of his better nights in a while. Getting his rhythm back) was on the bench, and Creighton was bailed out, while being rewarded for something deserving of a penalty.

Newton was already in the air and coming down when he was hit.

Player safety anyone?

Naahh. Screw UConn, it's players and coaches. This is the Big East! "You may think we suck. But really, we are rigging outcomes."

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Colonial, Big Sky lmao, you could’ve at least said the big 12 if your gonna go on a rant at least sound some what reasonable.
The Big East needs us more than we need them, as a previous poster already said.

I do like the teams in the conference and the rivalries. My preference would be to retain as much of that structure as we can. But the Big East Conference needs to be dissolved and every single employee fired with prejudice.

This crappy, anti-UConn bias by officials cost us a #1 seed in the NCAA last season. People can cheer the outcomes (both last year's tourney and last night's game). But none.of that accrues to the Big East. It accrues to UConn, it's players and coaching staff.

Pulling the rug out from under the Big East Conference is the goal.

Sure, anyone would prefer to go to the BIG 10. And it is still galling that the Rutgirls got picked by them and not us.

We were in the Yankee Conference when I went to UConn (yeah, I'm old and cranky). Uconn is a force of nature. Start flexing the muscles we have. Big East cures this problem (a non-problem in their view) or we walk.

The money will pinch them. If you can't get more fans to DePaul/Providence than they get for Stamford High School/Rippowam, then the $ will go away.

UConn fills up the cash register. Seton Hall and St Johns do not

KeyWestUC

Southernmost UCONN
Reaction Score
Relax Francis Big East has helped us far more than you think. We could be watching the aac teams and I would rather watch mold grow. Have no interest in any conference unless our football team can be competitive.
Francis LOL Stripes?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
1) Hurley’s teams always play physically and always foul a lot

2) Hurley is not easy on the refs today, and was probably one of the most annoying coaches to ref a game of since he got the Wagner job

This is Hurley’s biggest flaw and one you have to accept. No matter what conference he coaches in, Hurley’s opponents live at the line against him. He has already won a championship despite that, and though it might be even worse in Big East games, I think that became an advantage in the tournament last year anyway. That’s the part of the year that you want to be most prepared for.

The Big East is still awesome anyway. Yes there are way too many whistles, but the rivalries matter. Every school hates UConn for the right reasons here, even the newbies like Creighton or Xavier now do. The money isn’t ideal, but the emotional side of things is tough to beat.

This post is embarrassing. Just delete it

Reaction Score
smart and accurate post

uconn has too much talent to be forced to play games that are 62-48.
You gonna bring mic back to get your program back to respectable levels after ucla fires him this offseason?
And we shouldn’t leave the big east…great games all over the place and played at a high level…last week very entertaining midweek game vs a below average by big east standards Xavier team who still beats up on their intracity rival.

Reaction Score
Nebraska isn't northeast.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Do you think we can just say "we declare we're in the big 10/acc/big12" and we're suddenly there like Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy?

Reaction Score
Of all games you choose this one to complain about? The refs were mostly out of the way and calling the game fair. I found it very watchable in comparison to some of our other games
After the Georgetown, I was positively giddy about the refs against Creighton. Some bad calls but largely seemed to even out and let the guys play.

Reaction Score
Just curious. How many of you would like to have thousands of people march into your office/classroom/work site, day after day, yelling, "you suck', "f... you", etc? It takes strong men and women to do this thankless job, knowing that every call is going to upset someone, and only three people in the gym don't care who wins....................you and your partners.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom