We need to be #1 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

We need to be #1

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Interesting that they both have Bama ahead of Purdue.
Yeah I think I'd do Purdue slightly ahead of Bama. But there's an argument there for Bama. A road win against Houston is pretty legit- better than anything Purdue has on their resume. And then, of course, Bama's only loss to the "#1 team".

I generally trust Seth Greenberg's analysis more than most national guys. I think he puts in the work to watch a lot of these teams and get inside their games+practices.

Reaction Score
Seth Greenberg and Laphonso Ellis both with UConn-UVA-Alabama as their 1-2-3 this week (halftime show of Marquette/ND game).

Reaction Score
Seth Greenberg and Laphonso Ellis both with UConn-UVA-Alabama as their 1-2-3 this week (halftime show of Marquette/ND game).
I think Purdue will come down to earth and people adjust to Edey, but I don't know how their week was somehow concerning enough that people have UConn (and even Bama) jumping them, but Virginia's last two games are hunky dory.

Reaction Score
I think Purdue will come down to earth and people adjust to Edey, but I don't know how their week was somehow concerning enough that people have UConn (and even Bama) jumping them, but Virginia's last two games are hunky dory.
Yeah Laphonso had them 5 behind even Houston. Felt a bit nuts to me but as long as the good guys are #1….

Reaction Score
Our Bama win will be huge on Selection Sunday.. Once Oregon has their team back.. That will help as well.

Just gotta take care of BE biz.. We'll be ok once we get our full roster back.. Samson in the house

Reaction Score
I just watched Tennessee (7) hold on to defeat Maryland (13) a few minutes ago. I mean, both teams would destroy the best lineup The Boneyard could put together, but this game was not indicative of a couple teams hovering in the Top 10 range. At all.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Yup. Worrying about #1 this week is so Syracuse. No thanks. It’s almost better that all the talking heads scream about us being 1 than being #1, if everyone’s problem is publicity on that front.

Cream rises to the top. And let’s decimate the league.
Hmm..,Has Syracuse done a lot of worrying about being #1 recently?? Probably the only stone of delusion left unturned on that board at this point … I’d set the over/under at 25 years prob

Reaction Score
ESPN at the half of the Texas A&M/Oregon State game picked their top 5 and they picked UConn as the number 1. It was Seth and Laphonso who picked them.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
ESPN at the half of the Texas A&M/Oregon State game picked their top 5 and they picked UConn as the number 1
Both guys did their own Top 5 and each of them had UConn #1 without a hem or a haw.

Laphonso (Ellis?) and a former coach.

Reaction Score

Here’s one first place vote we can count on. Hopefully we see a few more when voters reveal their polls this evening.

When Dickey V says we haven’t played top competition, ummmm….. Alabama is now #4 and we wiped the floor with them.

Purdue and Virginia squeak by and the get rewarded with A 1/2?

The new AP poll just shows the AP didn’t learn anything from the ridiculous North Carolina as #1 ranking - they don’t watch enough game IMO

Reaction Score
Purdue just barely beat a 6-5 Nebraska team today. We are CLEARLY the #1 team in the country as of today
Conference games will always be tough but remember, Nebraska embarrassed Creighton in Omaha

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Our Bama win will be huge on Selection Sunday.. Once Oregon has their team back.. That will help as well.

Just gotta take care of BE biz.. We'll be ok once we get our full roster back.. Samson in the house
Bama is going to benefit on Selection Sunday because they lost to UConn by only 15 on a neutral court.

Reaction Score
espn has good guys #1 in power rankings & Clingan as player of the week...so we got that going for us

1. UConn Huskies (11-0)
Previous ranking:
This week: at Butler (Saturday)

Andre Jackson Jr.'s transformation from a physical two-way wing to a supremely versatile point forward has been one of the key aspects of UConn's impressive start to 2022-23. The 6-foot-6 guard is averaging a career high in assists this season while taking care of the ball better than ever in his three-year college career. Since moving back into UConn's starting lineup three games ago, Jackson is averaging 9.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 5.7 assists -- and hasn't committed a single turnover. He is a primary reason the Huskies have assists on an eye-opening 63.7% of their field goals.

Player of the Week: Donovan Clingan, UConn Huskies

This was a difficult week to single out a player. Miami's Isaiah Wong, LSU's KJ Williams and Penn State's Jalen Pickett all garnered consideration. But Clingan had one of the most analytically impressive weeks we've seen this season, and it's unlikely to be repeated by anyone over the next few months.

He played just 34 minutes total in two wins over Florida and LIU, averaging 18.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks while shooting a ridiculous 18-for-19 from the field. He didn't miss any of his 10 shots in UConn's win over the Sharks on Saturday, finishing with 21 points and 11 rebounds in just 15 minutes. The 7-foot-2 freshman from Bristol, Connecticut, is off to a much stronger start than many expected, providing a dominant backup option behind star big man Adama Sanogo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom