We have Crystal and they don’t | The Boneyard

We have Crystal and they don’t

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, no one plays better in a fast break game than ND. It will be a very tough test to beat a team with all kinds of revenge on their mind. Of course, we also have some unfinished business with ND in a semifinal so this one should be a classic.

Reaction Score
Honestly this should be great. We could talk all day about why UConn will win and about why ND would win, and we would be correct on both counts. We won’t know what’s going to happen until Friday. I honestly think it’s a toss up. Whoever makes the plays down the stretch will win it and both teams are more than capable. Fireworks coming.....

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, no one plays better in a fast break game than ND. It will be a very tough test to beat a team with all kinds of revenge on their mind. Of course, we also have some unfinished business with ND in a semifinal so this one should be a classic.
I like us by 10.

Reaction Score
I think ND should be the slight favorite because of the inside game with Turner and Sheppard. The keys to this game is that Lou and Pheesa have to match Young and Arike in scoring. Crystal has to outplay Mabrey by a good amount so that the pressure is off for CW and MW to play within themselves and get 12-18 points each. If we can get that type of balance attack and hope Mabrey lays an egg we have a shot. We just cannot allow Young or Arike to go for 25+ like they did last year. If we can get them both around 15-20 I think we have a shot.

Reaction Score
I didn't think crystal played great down the stretch against Louisville she would have to do a lot better playing ND. We have to get good play from Megan Katie has to knock down her 3s while Dangerfield and Williams must keep attacking the lane we already know pheese gonna do what she do.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
But not so awesome in the 4th against Louisville. A couple of bonehead turnovers by Dangerfield made the game closer than it could have been.
Agreed. Hence the decision-making thought.

Reaction Score
You have Crystal and we have Jackie. She almost single handedly won the game yesterday. Once she got going, everyone stepped up. She's the youngest starter but the team follows her lead. It will be a great game Friday. Either team can win and it wouldn't be a shock

Reaction Score
Yeah, but Lou and Phee are as mentally tough as anyone we've had. The Final Four will be tough, but I like our guys.

Exactly! I edited my post just a couple nano-seconds before you said the same thing. :)

Reaction Score
I think the match-up favors UConn. We have more potent weapons. If both teams have a really good game, we are better. Where it can get dicey is when one or more players for either team doesn't have a good performance. But as I said, if everybody on both teams were to have a good game, we have more good players.

Reaction Score
Crystal was awesome in the 4th quarter against UCLA. She's really, really good. She'll need great play and decision-making for all 40 minutes.
The same can be said for all of ND players. They tend at times to make a few bad decisions in a row. Shepherd seems to play great or take a play or 2 off. None of ND's players play 40 minutes with energy as Napheesa does. I'm not negating the terrific team ND can be but I don't intend to over state or under state what a good team Uconn will be playing. I'm willing to bet you'll find similar postings on the ND site about Uconn.
It is called respect for your opponent.

Reaction Score
Honestly this should be great. We could talk all day about why UConn will win and about why ND would win, and we would be correct on both counts. We won’t know what’s going to happen until Friday. I honestly think it’s a toss up. Whoever makes the plays down the stretch will win it and both teams are more than capable. Fireworks coming.....
I agree. The team has already exceeded my expectations. My view was we would get no further than the elite 8. It is clear, if we get " best ever" games from starters and Olivia, we can win again. But that is a lot to ask.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
One of the things totally overlooked was how much Crystal Dangerfield frustrated Arike back in December. If Crystal Dangerfield can bring that intensity and minimize her turnovers, I really like our chances.
The one plus where we have an edge is our defensive effort and that includes what Liv can now give us in the middle. If she can keep her fouls to a minimum, I do think we have a strong interior to offset Shepard, Young and Turner.
Odd that Botha teams rightfully have a revenge factor playing in their favor...:confused:
While it portends to be epic, I hope it isn’t and we win in comfort.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, but Lou and Phee are as mentally tough as anyone we've had. The Final Four will be tough, but I like our guys.
I don't know. Phee's been tough as nails this year and Katie Lou sure stepped up against Louisville.

Reaction Score
I like Crystal, but she needs to keep her head in the game for an entire 40 minutes. Her decision-making at the end of the Regional Final wasn't great.
Yep. Count me a Crystal fan, but there are often (unfortunately, too often lately) 5-minute stretches when she seems to lose her focus. Passes to nowhere, speeding up a game that needs to stay steady and dumb fouls. I don't get it at all, because by and large, she's really good.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't know. Phee's been tough as nails this year and Katie Lou sure stepped up against Louisville.
I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing.
Then my work here is done.

(Agreeing. I think I quoted the wrong post)

Reaction Score
Still comes down to health of KLS. If she is at least what she was last game UConn has a good chance. If she close to 95% edge to UConn. IF she's like UCLA game UConn has no chance.

Reaction Score
Yep. Count me a Crystal fan, but there are often (unfortunately, too often lately) 5-minute stretches when she seems to lose her focus. Passes to nowhere, speeding up a game that needs to stay steady and dumb fouls. I don't get it at all, because by and large, she's really good.
I'm less concerned regarding Crystal's offense as I am her defense. I predict her decision making will bounce back, but wonder why Durr and others were able to blow by her at end of game. Crystal seemed a step slow. No use in speculating but we need her at both ends.

Reaction Score
One of the keys is keeping Shepard off the glass, can not give ND second chance points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom