We Have A Top 10 Team | Page 9 | The Boneyard

We Have A Top 10 Team

Reaction Score
It is a bad thread but I understand the thinking that we are #17 and not “supposed” to lose at home but the reality is that it’s uncertain out there any given night against almost everyone in the BE. We do bring defense but there are offensive liabilities.

Reaction Score
No we are not!

We have potential to be a legitimate top 16 with potential to upset a top ten team. Nothing more

Reaction Score
UConn definitely has one of the top 10 teams in the country...

2cdfe10aa9d2f6746ab0c414401f856b.jpg

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
We need to beat good teams. We’ll find out real soon if we are a top ten team if we can beat Nova, Xavier, and Marquette. I was just looking at Auburn’s schedule and they have barely beaten anyone good.
What???

Alabama X2 (Beaten Baylor, Gonzaga, and Houston, will be an NCAA Team)
Kentucky (top 5)
Murray State (Mid Major but very good)
Loyola Chicago (Mid major but again, very good)
UCF (NCAA Bubble team)
St. Louis (NCAA/NIT team)
LSU (Will be NCAA Team)
Florida (Pretty good, probable NCAA team)
Oklahoma (Decent)

They still have @ Arkansas, Texas A&M, @ Florida, @ Tennessee, and @ Mississippi State.

They are what 11-1 or 12-1 against Quad one and two? Even if they lose 1-2 games to finish out the year they will be #1 seed or worst case #2 seed worthy. Could have a record of something like 16-1 to 14-3 against the top two quads. Not including the SEC Tournament.

Auburn is a great win for us, and it's looking better and better each week. The biggest thing is, Sanogo scored 30 that game and we shot like 60% from three. They were without one of their top players in Flanigan and still very new as a team. Jabari Smith their best player was in his 4th college game ever. It took us two overtimes to beat them early in the season. I don't know why people are discrediting Auburn or the SEC but that conference is tough. Tennessee had a let down in the first half and lost by one and they still handled the Big 12 6-4 and it probably should have been 7-3 or 8-2.

We have what is right now the best win in college basketball. Discrediting that win isn't something I will ever do, nor will I not give credit where credit is due. They are good. They aren't dominant by any means, but beating them isn't easy. They could win by 20 or win by 1, they just win and that's all it takes.

We need to do the same thing. Just win. If we win out we have a chance at the Big East Title still. It'll be a long shot, but its possible. I hope we have our full roster for the Big East Tournament as well so we can win that. Come NCAA's we will have as good a chance as anyone.

Reaction Score
What???

Alabama X2 (Beaten Baylor, Gonzaga, and Houston, will be an NCAA Team)
Kentucky (top 5)
Murray State (Mid Major but very good)
Loyola Chicago (Mid major but again, very good)
UCF (NCAA Bubble team)
St. Louis (NCAA/NIT team)
LSU (Will be NCAA Team)
Florida (Pretty good, probable NCAA team)
Oklahoma (Decent)

They still have @ Arkansas, Texas A&M, @ Florida, @ Tennessee, and @ Mississippi State.

They are what 11-1 or 12-1 against Quad one and two? Even if they lose 1-2 games to finish out the year they will be #1 seed or worst case #2 seed worthy. Could have a record of something like 16-1 to 14-3 against the top two quads. Not including the SEC Tournament.

Auburn is a great win for us, and it's looking better and better each week. The biggest thing is, Sanogo scored 30 that game and we shot like 60% from three. They were without one of their top players in Flanigan and still very new as a team. Jabari Smith their best player was in his 4th college game ever. It took us two overtimes to beat them early in the season. I don't know why people are discrediting Auburn or the SEC but that conference is tough. Tennessee had a let down in the first half and lost by one and they still handled the Big 12 6-4 and it probably should have been 7-3 or 8-2.

We have what is right now the best win in college basketball. Discrediting that win isn't something I will ever do, nor will I not give credit where credit is due. They are good. They aren't dominant by any means, but beating them isn't easy. They could win by 20 or win by 1, they just win and that's all it takes.

We need to do the same thing. Just win. If we win out we have a chance at the Big East Title still. It'll be a long shot, but its possible. I hope we have our full roster for the Big East Tournament as well so we can win that. Come NCAA's we will have as good a chance as anyone.
Not quite sure if you are using your eyeballs watching us play or just speaking with your heart. There is no way we have enough offense, mostly 3 pt shooting, to win it all, let alone the Big East. I love UConn with all my heart but it is what it is.

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
Not quite sure if you are using your eyeballs watching us play or just speaking with your heart. There is no way we have enough offense, mostly 3 pt shooting, to win it all, let alone the Big East. I love UConn with all my heart but it is what it is.

Definitely more so my heart and a full belief in what I think this team is capable of. I know they are better with the full roster. I know we can be better.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This thread should be pinned. For the most negative mojo thread in 10 years.

Do the Newbies wonder why “ shut up,dove” is pretty much the longest running boneyard meme?

Here you go.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Revisiting this… 0-2 so far

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members