We Have A Top 10 Team | Page 7 | The Boneyard

We Have A Top 10 Team

Reaction Score
Fair enough, OK vs very good is splitting hairs. But you're on the record as being ecstatic if this team even makes the NCAA tournament so it's safe to say you're objectively lower on this team than almost everyone else on this board

It's definitely a tough stretch the next 8 games, 4-4 should keep us ranked and that would be a relatively disappointing outcome for the stretch. I think we can do better
Too many scars. As recent as last year. I was crazy high on the squad last year. Then they fell off a cliff with very little warning.

I suppose my opinion of the squad is less than many others. That doesn't mean I'm not rooting as hard as anyone. I'll probably make the tournament games they play in. In particular if they play anywhere in the midwest.

Edit: I also see back to back years in the tournament as a significant achievement. Even if we lose in the first weekend. Worth celebrating. Especially considering where the program has been.

Reaction Score
We have not played a team that is better than us yet this year. The losses have been our own doing. I can’t be alone in feeling that way. It’s okay to think this team is better than “okay.”
Ironically we beat the only team better than us that we played all year and then lost to 4 teams we're better than by average of 3.5 points.

Reaction Score
We have not played a team that is better than us yet this year. The losses have been our own doing. I can’t be alone in feeling that way. It’s okay to think this team is better than “okay.”
Auburn has lost one game all year and is ranked #1. I am as jazzed as anyone but just because we beat them, I'm not sure that makes us "better". They have earned their station since we beat them. We have lost 4 games since then regardless of the circumstances and they have cleaned up since then. A great feather in our cap doesn't make us better. A peculiar statement after struggling against DePaul.

Reaction Score
When they can make the 3 consistently and free throws down the stretch in clutch then I will consider them a contender for No 5..
Our great teams did both.
How many open 3s did we miss yesterday?

Reaction Score
When they can make the 3 consistently and free throws down the stretch in clutch then I will consider them a contender for No 5..
Our great teams did both.
How many open 3s did we miss yesterday?
Everyone except Cole was cold. We knock down 2 of those wide open looks plus 1 of the million layups we missed and our 7 point win becomes a 15 point blowout.

Depaul is also a Q2 win. They're not Georgetown or Butler levels of bad

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We are 2-3 vs Quad 1 and 4-4 vs Quads 1&2. We don't know how good we are, but Iike this team a lot.

Would I rather have a NPOY candidate than be everyone's obvious sleeper pick, yes.

We can do everything but haven't shown we can do it all the time.

We never know what/who will be working out offwnsively in any given game but we don't rely on any any one thing/person either.

If we defend, rebound and take care of the ball, we will he in every game and a threat to win them all.

We will lose if we don't work hard on D or if we can't find a go to when we need a bucket against good teams

But, I love how much this team has improved since the season started. Jackson has figured it out and everyone seems to have found there role.

Historically, this is a very solid UConn squad and I hope they are rewarded with a satisfactory outcome. UConn's BB is UConn BB again and it's a lot of fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Auburn has lost one game all year and is ranked #1. I am as jazzed as anyone but just because we beat them, I'm not sure that makes us "better". They have earned their station since we beat them. We have lost 4 games since then regardless of the circumstances and they have cleaned up since then. A great feather in our cap doesn't make us better. A peculiar statement after struggling against DePaul.
If you are using the DePaul (#106) game as a metric in judging this team, especially in relation to Auburn, how does Auburn winning by 5 at USF (#241), or 1 at Mizzu (#138), or 9 at Ole Miss (#117) come into play?

I find it so strange that people expect to win road games in conference by 20 points.

Are we better than Auburn right now? I do not know, but we were absolutely the the better team that game. It was not some fluky win, UConn controlled that game for the vast majority of and should have cruised if not for some poor play and brain farts down the stretch

1643555493023.png

UConn may not be a top 10 team, they may be, but I 100% agree with @BigErnMcCracken that we have not played a team better than us to date.

Reaction Score
If if if if if. We could beat anyone if everyone plays their best game on a good shooting night. Last night could have been an out in the first round game.
We are a bubble team. We can play with good teams but there are holes and inconsistencies in our lineup.
Your shtick has to be tiresome, no?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If you are using the DePaul (#106) game as a metric in judging this team, especially in relation to Auburn, how does Auburn winning by 5 at USF (#241), or 1 at Mizzu (#138), or 9 at Ole Miss (#117) come into play?

I find it so strange that people expect to win road games in conference by 20 points.

Are we better than Auburn right now? I do not know, but we were absolutely the the better team that game. It was not some fluky win, UConn controlled that game for the vast majority of and should have cruised if not for some poor play and brain farts down the stretch

View attachment 72832

UConn may not be a top 10 team, they may be, but I 100% agree with @BigErnMcCracken that we have not played a team better than us to date.
we've struggled with St. Johns and Depaul (without their best player) lost to wvu, lost seton hall. I don't see Auburn having the same issues. They also didn't have one of their best players

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
they are figuring out how to win in different ways and finish games strong, something that has been missing for a while now. Give them credit for the improvement, a game like yesterdays could have easily been a L. They are battling, the seniors are leading by example, Cole was exceptional as was Whaley, Jackson is starting to get to the rim & missing fewer bunnies, rebounding strong & passing like a pro & Sanogo is a beast. If Polley continues playing well, all they need is Hawkins to sort it out a bit and there will be little that can stop this squad going forward.
If they can win 3 of the next 4 they will be a serious contender

Reaction Score
we've struggled with St. Johns and Depaul (without their best player) lost to wvu, lost seton hall. I don't see Auburn having the same issues. They also didn't have one of their best players
All you need to do is look at the post you're replying to to find Auburn having the same issues. I'd also suggest you look up Allen Flanigan's stats before calling him one of their best players. Not saying we're better than Auburn but the idea they've been some perfect team with no near slip ups is inaccurate

Reaction Score
Cool, good working reading the first sentence. Maybe try it again?

Citing a2 point loss at WVU without 2 of their best players as an assessment on this team tells me you either are not paying attention or are just looking to troll.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
All you need to do is look at the post you're replying to to find Auburn having the same issues. I'd also suggest you look up Allen Flanigan's stats before calling him one of their best players. Not saying we're better than Auburn but the idea they've been some perfect team with no near slip ups is inaccurate
Flanigan averaged 14 points last year and is slowly coming back. What would the boneyard be like if we didn’t have that type of player for half the season?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Cool, good working reading the first sentence. Maybe try it again?

Citing a2 point loss at WVU without 2 of their best players as an assessment on this team tells me you either are not paying attention or are just looking to troll.
Are Auburn, MSU, and Marquette better than us? Auburn, DePaul, and Marquette also had players out too.

If UCONN fans can spin losses because we missed players, then teams we played who were missing players can too.

If UCONN had who Marquette Auburn and DePaul did and they didn’t play, we’d spin it as much as possible. If people are gonna say we could be undefeated, well we’ve also been fortunate too

Flanigan averaged 14 last year. Morsel was the big 10 Defensive player of the year who ate our lunch in the tourney and up until the last month was Marquettes best player. And the conference leader in points per game was out in Liberty for DePaul

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom