We Have A Top 10 Team | Page 6 | The Boneyard

We Have A Top 10 Team

Reaction Score
I know everyone continues to point to the Auburn and Marquette wins and no doubt those are big, not trying to take away from those. But truth is many here were also pointing out how The Hall and WVU were good losses considering they were away as well as both teams were very good. Well were they, are we seeing those 2 teams demise the last 2-3 weeks? Those should have been wins and then maybe we would be in or near the Top 10 this thread is looking for.

The next 3 will tell us a lot about this team. It will be interesting to see if maybe they found their step now and they become this more effective offensive team, but maybe get back to their defensive prowess as well. Interesting couple weeks coming but really good to be in the mix as well as in the Big East again!

Reaction Score
I'm bought in, I think we can beat anyone in the country on a good night.
Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see us hit some roadblocks in February. The Big East is about to become a bloodbath. We play 5 ranked teams next month, plus Seton Hall and St John's who we already both went to OT with. Buckle up.

This is what it’s all about. Let’s go

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
More from Rothstein, who seems to love UConn.

Reaction Score
This thread looks like a set up. Unrealistic expectations followed by disappointment....just enjoy the run. The season will take us where it takes us. Personally hoping to at least win 2 games in the NCAA tourney this year.

Reaction Score
We’ve beaten Butler x2, St Johns and Georgetown on this little run. 3 of the bottom 5 teams in the BE. We’ve looked good the last 3, this isn’t meant to be a downer post. But the schedule is gonna get a lot tougher than these past games. If we beat the next two easier ones and Nova, then yes, we are undoubtedly a top 10 team. But these wins haven’t moved the dial much. Let’s be honest with ourselves.
Though bottom tier teams ,we blew them out and that is with a slow start in butler2. No nail biting. That’s a good sign.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This thread looks like a set up. Unrealistic expectations followed by disappointment....just enjoy the run. The season will take us where it takes us. Personally hoping to at least win 2 games in the NCAA tourney this year.
Before the season there were articles questioning if UConn would even make the Dance, posts on the Yard wondering if we would make the Top 25. Now we have posts calling the team "underachieving". Just enjoying the run is the way to go.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Do we still have a top 10 team after tonight
Absolutely. we are definitely top 10 in our conference. I’m sure @Dove meant that. Also we are better than tonight for sure. I’m happy for a crappy road win.

Reaction Score
37% from the field, 13% from 3-pt land…and we still won relatively comfortably…on the road. I would say we’re still pretty good.

Our old losses have turned into “we won, but can’t finish at the rim.”

Reaction Score
We have an ok team that i enjoy watching and has played competitive in every game thus far. But I don't see much that screams top 10. In fact we are just about to go through our toughest stretch of the season. If we get through the next 8 games and we are still ranked I'll be really impressed. Ecstatic actually.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
37% from the field, 13% from 3-pt land…and we still won relatively comfortably…on the road. I would say we’re still pretty good.

Our old losses have turned into “we won, but can’t finish at the rim.”
Right. We’re ranked appropriately

Reaction Score
We have an ok team that i enjoy watching and has played competitive in every game thus far. But I don't see much that screams top 10. In fact we are just about to go through our toughest stretch of the season. If we get through the next 8 games and we are still ranked I'll be really impressed. Ecstatic actually.
We're definitely not top 10, but I'm not sure how you could watch this team this season and come away with the impression they're an OK team. This is a very good team who should expect to be ranked after this upcoming stretch

Reaction Score
We're definitely not top 10, but I'm not sure how you could watch this team this season and come away with the impression they're an OK team. This is a very good team who should expect to be ranked after this upcoming stretch
Kind of depends on which of our teams shows up… the one that shoots well can beat anyone, but the one tonight would lose a lot.

Reaction Score
There's no point debating "ok" vs "very good". We both agree we are not top 10

Reaction Score
If we make it through the next 8 games and we are still ranked i will 100% concede we are very good. We have a very tough stretch ahead of us. Unranked at the end is a legit possibility.

Reaction Score
There's no point debating "ok" vs "very good". We both agree we are not top 10
Fair enough, OK vs very good is splitting hairs. But you're on the record as being ecstatic if this team even makes the NCAA tournament so it's safe to say you're objectively lower on this team than almost everyone else on this board

If we make it through the next 8 games and we are still ranked i will 100% concede we are very good. We have a very tough stretch ahead of us. Unranked at the end is a legit possibility.
It's definitely a tough stretch the next 8 games, 4-4 should keep us ranked and that would be a relatively disappointing outcome for the stretch. I think we can do better

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom