We are to two highly unlikely life rafts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We are to two highly unlikely life rafts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Swofford already has gotten the best of Delaney. He got Syracuse ,Pittsburgh, Louisville, Notre Dame, and the Big gets 2 programs hemorrhaging money in Rutgers, and Maryland.

I would take....

...Rutgers and Maryland.

Reaction Score
Actually, my track record on this has been pretty good.\

I made a graph of your track record.

images

Reaction Score
Let's be real, why in God's name would Missouri leave the best football conference in the country? They'd have to be crazy to do it. The only possible reason I can think of is they don't figure they can win any games in the SEC.

Bingo.

Nobody is leaving the SEC.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Bingo.

Nobody is leaving the SEC.

True statement.

Zoo, don't get me wrong, I think for 13 of the 14 SEC teams it would be unimaginable for them to leave, but given how hard it was reported that Mizzou lobbied for the B1G, don't you at least think there is a shot?

It seems crazy anyone would leave the SEC, but Mizzou is a perfect match for the B1G and that was there first choice all along.

Given that there isn't an SEC Grant of Right or Exit Fee (that I know of), if I'm Delany I revisit Mizzou.

Reaction Score
Zoo, don't get me wrong, I think for 13 of the 14 SEC teams it would be unimaginable for them to leave, but given how hard it was reported that Mizzou lobbied for the B1G, don't you at least think there is a shot?

It seems crazy anyone would leave the SEC, but Mizzou is a perfect match for the B1G and that was there first choice all along.

Given that there isn't an SEC Grant of Right or Exit Fee (that I know of), if I'm Delany I revisit Mizzou.

No. I live in Missouri. They love the SEC, they all think they got into the best country club imaginable. It's amazing how quickly they flushed the Big 12 and KU down the toilet.

Technically, it's possible but incredibly unlikely.

I had a race in Columbia in March, that place is no B1G college town. It's SEC all the way. Way too many skinny hot blondes, and not nearly enough fat pasty goobers to be B1G.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No. I live in Missouri. They love the SEC, they all think they got into the best country club imaginable. It's amazing how quickly they flushed the Big 12 and KU down the toilet.

Technically, it's possible but incredibly unlikely.

I had a race in Columbia in March, that place is no B1G college town. It's SEC all the way. Way too many skinny hot blondes, and not nearly enough fat pasty goobers to be B1G.

Good insight, I didn't really they embraced the SEC way of life so quickly.

Only thing I can think of is the President/Academics being swayed by the CIC affiliation they would gain with the B1G along with the academic prestige.

I'm thinking money is going to probably be close to equal at the end of the day, so maybe there is a slight chance, but as you said very unlikely.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
LOL. Yeah just like NBC was stepping up. And did you say ESPN was stepping up before or after you had Clemson and Florida State in the Big 12?

Of course they are staying together because they want to - the other leagues all still make more money.

There must be 5,000 posts on this board about how the ACC was dead. New homes for everyone. Can't wait for the next crackpot idea that takes over the Boneyard. Maybe it's POTENTIAL!

75% of the posters have said UConn was cooked since Syracuse and Pitt told us they weren't going to wait for the next TV deal. There is no "I told you so", when pretty much everyone else was telling everyone else so for a long time. You have never had an interesting or thoughtful solution to anything. It's all crapping on other posters, UConn, and the fans, all the time. Move on already.

Reaction Score
In the immortal words of a young John McEnroe:" YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!"

I hope you're joking.

BC? Cuse? Pitt? What do they offer that Maryland and Rutgers don't? It's stunning that you can't see the benefits these two bring that Cuse and esp. BC cannot (Pitt is obviously already in the footprint).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't have the energy to give a s*** what happened to Rutgers, Syracuse or Pitt in realignment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
75% of the posters have said UConn was cooked since Syracuse and Pitt told us they weren't going to wait for the next TV deal. There is no "I told you so", when pretty much everyone else was telling everyone else so for a long time. You have never had an interesting or thoughtful solution to anything. It's all crapping on other posters, UConn, and the fans, all the time. Move on already.

I'm going to have to point a few things out here.

A: UConn has created some of their own problems. The more I think about the amateur hour debacle of the Spring Game the more I begin to wonder two things: 1. Is the school even interested in big time athletics and 2. Are they really so stupid as to not see how small time they constantly look?

B: I crap on shi@ty moronic nonsense, it is not my fault you serve it up constantly. I'm going to say this nice and clearly: You have proposed the single stupidest 'solution' in the history of the Boneyard. Your 'creative' solution is to DISBAND THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM. So for the slight incremental advantage to playing basketball in the Big East you propose giving up.

I crap on UConn? YOU THINK SO LITTLE OF THEM YOU PROPOSE THEY duckING QUIT.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's the sport though. Everything revolves around a balanced football schedule. Unless the ACC goes to a three division pod system with 5 teams each and the top two ranked division winners play in a championship game 15 teams in football is NOT happening.

Nonsense. The Big 10 managed with 11 for years.

Reaction Score

IMHO Missouri is a better match for the SEC than the B1G. Actually, they were a better match for the Big 12 along with Nebraska.

Reaction Score
Nelson, do you still sit in the old Field House in Storrs waiting for the basketball game with Vermont to start?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
IMHO Missouri is a better match for the SEC than the B1G. Actually, they were a better match for the Big 12 along with Nebraska.

Missouri is a dividied state. KC fits the Big 12 perfectly (and was always the HQ). St. Louis fits the B1G best, maybe slightly the SEC. Springfield is a fit for the SEC, to the extent that you think Arkansas fits the SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom