We are to two highly unlikely life rafts | The Boneyard

We are to two highly unlikely life rafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Big12 adds two teams to get a conference title game.

B1G gets Mizzou to budge, UConn is added as the 16th team in ironically, the B1G East.

I honestly think if the B1G wants Mizzou to join, Mizzou would. Money would probably be similar, but they would be a much better cultural and academic fit....at least we hope so.

I mean, this seems like it's it?

Anything I'm missing?

Reaction Score
Big12 adds two teams to get a conference title game.

B1G gets Mizzou to budge, UConn is added as the 16th team in ironically, the B1G East.

I honestly think if the B1G wants Mizzou to join, Mizzou would. Money would probably be similar, but they would be a much better cultural and academic fit....at least we hope so.

I mean, this seems like it's it?

Anything I'm missing?

The ACC adds us. The GOR just means no one leaves (supposedly), it doesn't prevent them from adding, for example, Cincy and UConn if they thought it was beneficial.

Not saying this is likely, but it is an existing possibility that did not change from the GOR.

Reaction Score
The SEC doesn't have an exit fee so if the B1G and Mizzou agreed it would be fairly easy to get them onboard. Would BYU be a candidate?

Reaction Score
The SEC doesn't have an exit fee so if the B1G and Mizzou agreed it would be fairly easy to get them onboard. Would BYU be a candidate?

That would be the best hope at this point. Otherwise, we are stuck in this AAC hell until god knows when. Our athletic program will suffer big time long term if we are stuck in this AAC hell. I don't know what plan Susan has up to her sleeves, but it is not sitting pretty right now where we are. Let's hope B1G will expand with us and Missouri. I think that's our best hope at this point.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Big 12 is truly the only life raft and it's not even a real choice. They can easily grab Cincy and someone West....who knows....this just sucks....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Can't see the B1G taking Mizzou now. They snubbed them once and SEC to the B1g is at best a lateral move.

Reaction Score
Would the B1G lower standards to grab Cincinnati if they needed a pairing with UConn?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The only life raft is shutting down the football program or going independent for a few years before shutting it down, and moving the rest of the sports to the Big East.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The ACC adds us. The GOR just means no one leaves (supposedly), it doesn't prevent them from adding, for example, Cincy and UConn if they thought it was beneficial.

Not saying this is likely, but it is an existing possibility that did not change from the GOR.

This isn't far fetched. They have an odd number of football teams now. It would help them compete with the B1G in NY.

I can't believe all those who are so down. This should have been expected. The ACC was always much stronger than believed. Look, if anyone though there was any chance of the B1G looking at UConn (perhaps in 2 years if we get AAU) that possibility just increased dramatically. There is no chance that we are any worse than the #2 available option for them (behind Mizzou perhaps).

As for the Big 12, they need to do something to get a playoff. If it is dilutive to their TV deal, too bad. There I think Cinci has a big geographic edge on UConn. And so does BYU.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Then again, the ACC could screw with UConn some more. At the slightest whiff of a B1G invite, the ACC swoops in and offers UConn membership, if we sign the GOR.

So do you take the bird in hand vs. what's possibly in the B1G bush?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Then again, the ACC could screw with UConn some more. At the slightest whiff of a B1G invite, the ACC swoops in and offers UConn membership, if we sign the GOR.

So do you take the bird in hand vs. what's possibly in the B1G bush?

Seriously? You tell Delany and give an ultimatum. It's a win win. This incarnation of the ACC, with a GOR an network proposed, is a nice landing spot.

Reaction Score
Sorry fellas... this all smacks of grasping at straws. For now the music has stopped and all the chairs are full. Time to focus on what we can control, and hope for the best. there is no way Big 12 is gonna take us. Ever. ACC may, some day, but for the next few years, i say CR is done

Reaction Score
Sorry fellas... this all smacks of grasping at straws. For now the music has stopped and all the chairs are full. Time to focus on what we can control, and hope for the best. there is no way Big 12 is gonna take us. Ever. ACC may, some day, but for the next few years, i say CR is done
Here Ye, Here Ye...
On this day, the 22nd day of April, in the year 2013, Fairfield has decreed all Conference Realignment to be complete.
Please notify our Twitter friends from WV that on behalf of Fairfield, their services are no longer needed.

Pencils down everyone.

Reaction Score
This isn't far fetched. They have an odd number of football teams now. It would help them compete with the B1G in NY.

How is 14 an odd number?
BC, Cuse, Pitt, Lville, UVA, VT, UNC, NC State, Duke, Wake, GT, Clempson, FSU, Miami,

Reaction Score
you forgot ND.
They do not play football in the ACC. He said odd # of football teams. Unless you believe ND is joining the ACC in FB too. Because if you believe that, I have an NBC Sports TV contract worth $20mm per AAC team to sell you.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
They're playing 5 ACC games, and in their bowl contract. Only thing they can't do it "win the conference"

Reaction Score
Can't see the B1G taking Mizzou now. They snubbed them once and SEC to the B1g is at best a lateral move.
Let's be real, why in God's name would Missouri leave the best football conference in the country? They'd have to be crazy to do it. The only possible reason I can think of is they don't figure they can win any games in the SEC.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
They do not play football in the ACC. He said odd # of football teams. Unless you believe ND is joining the ACC in FB too. Because if you believe that, I have an NBC Sports TV contract worth $20mm per AAC team to sell you.

I accidentally flipped it from non-football. The point is there are 15 schools. One more actually evens out the majority of sports, and with the 5 ND games, is more balanced than what they have now.

Reaction Score
They're playing 5 ACC games, and in their bowl contract. Only thing they can't do it "win the conference"
Not trying to be obtuse, but they are not in the ACC for FB so the ACC does not have an unbalanced FB league. There are 14 FB members in the ACC. The 5 ND games do not count as conference games either. Unless you are proposing they add Uconn for the 3 or 4 games that ND does not play to help balance the OOC schedule for the ACC.

Reaction Score
I accidentally flipped it from non-football. The point is there are 15 schools. One more actually evens out the majority of sports, and with the 5 ND games, is more balanced than what they have now.
Except the ND football games are out of conference games. They have no impact on the conference record. None.

Reaction Score
Let's be real, why in God's name would Missouri leave the best football conference in the country? They'd have to be crazy to do it. The only possible reason I can think of is they don't figure they can win any games in the SEC.

Mizzou tried very hard to get into the B1G before settling for the SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom