WCBB 2015 Transfers as of 8/21/15 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WCBB 2015 Transfers as of 8/21/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The Imani Wright transfer pains me. She was a starter and I thought she was destined for all Big 12 performances in her Junior and Senior years. I suspect that she and Small figured that with Alexis Jones and the development of Australian Kristy Wallace that their playing time was going to be severely impacted, which is probably spot on.
ETT - not trying to be obnoxious about this, and about six months ago I posed a question on the Baylor site that got me a lot of grief, but ...

Do you think that Kim over recruiting might have created more team turmoil than gets spoken about? I think Kim had to 'get rid of' at least one scholarship for this year based on the number of players she signed. That one turned into three, didn't it, including Wright who I don't think anyone wanted to see leave.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
:
Ochoopsfan:
I used to have season seats for USC but got rid of them after one year of the current coach.
I dont like the. . . . the 4 letter words I have heard from the coach

I can handle the language, but sitting near me were impressionable young boys and girls. I wonder what their parents thought.

I recall a recruit named Trevor Spani. I thought she was a lock for UConn (she was at Gampel for a big game - won by our Huskies). Then she was quoted as saying something to the effect that her faith was so important to her that she would only consider a school with a good religious atmosphere.

When I read that, I sensed that we were out of the running for her.:( My worst fears were realized when she enrolled at Tennessee. She played well (frequently injured), lost at least once to UConn and her prayers went unanswered as she had to watch (on TV, at hone) our Huskies rack up NC after NC.

Surely must have cussed. :mad: But not aloud.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Here -here, Why did sitting behind the USC bench bother you---Uconn's present president says BASICALLY--that 's how all WBB coaches vent their frustrations--that's why they get the big bucks.

Getting back to BB--how does this years number of top talented players compare with say the last 5 years???

Hey Broadway, that was not me that had the season tickets, that was "ochoops fan." I've never had season seats for the USC women. I just piggy-backed on his quote.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There were many teams that lost multiple players, but Maryland wasn't among them, unless Lexie Brown is so good she counts for more than one.

My apologies Raoul. I thought I read somewhere that Lexie and one or two more had left. There have been so many defections this year, I can't recall ALL of them. Thanks for the correction. I know Baylor and UNC had several players leave. If you're a fan of Maryland women's basketball, I know you know the current status of their roster.

Reaction Score
My apologies Raoul. I thought I read somewhere that Lexie and one or two more had left. There have been so many defections this year, I can't recall ALL of them. Thanks for the correction. I know Baylor and UNC had several players leave. If you're a fan of Maryland women's basketball, I know you know the current status of their roster.

Maryland has lost their entire coaching staff in the last two years. A new coach leaves before he ever coaches at Maryland. A trainer leaves. Then their best player allegedly leaves to be close to home. Maryland is one big happy family.

Reaction Score
Whenever Brenda Frese comes on the TV screen I hold onto my wallet so she can't get it! She is so slimey! She must thank God everyday that Jeff Walz was on her staff when they won their NCAA Title, 2006 in Boston I think! He was definitely the POWER behind the throne!
When she got the HC at MN she said at the press conference, that "getting the job at MN was her dream come true job"!
Then she left a year or so later for the MD HC position and at the press conference said, "getting the job at MD was her dream come true job"!
I hope her son stays healthy, but she is not one of my favorite coaches! Geno can't stand her either!

Reaction Score
No need to apologize; I was just setting the record straight. No one can keep track of all the transfers; there have been too many of them. And FWIW, I'm not a Maryland fan (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Reaction Score
Hey Broadway, that was not me that had the season tickets, that was "ochoops fan." I've never had season seats for the USC women. I just piggy-backed on his quote.
Either my computer is acting up or my medications are taking charge or the colonoscopy effected my brains. OOOOOPs Sorry!!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
One of the players that transferred from USC was one of our local girls from Etiwanda High School, Amy Okonkwo - Freshman Southern California to TCU. I haven't had the opportunity to ask her personally why she left. Obviously she was not happy. You don't leave a program after only one year unless you are totally and completely unhappy, knowing you've got to sit out a year before you can resume playing.

I believe Maryland along with Baylor and North Carolina lost multiple players this year also.
Illinois State had six players transfer out, though one has rejoined the team. They went 2-28 last year. Ouch.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Either my computer is acting up or my medications are taking charge or the colonoscopy effected my brains. OOOOOPs Sorry!!!
I've always suspected those GE guys of taking things a little too far! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32