Washington Post picks UConn to win it all | The Boneyard

Washington Post picks UConn to win it all

Reaction Score

This bracket is supposed to give you the best chance of winning a large pool by being slightly contrarian and not just picking the crowd favorites. The author does a good job of explaining his reasoning.

Last paragraph in the article:
As for the title game, selecting Connecticut to win it all should give us the most value while keeping the bracket rooted in reality. Coach Geno Auriemma and the Huskies are 132-23 in NCAA tournament games, making Auriemma the winningest head coach in postseason play. They won the Big East tournament title and went undefeated (18-0) against Big East competition, with a star player in Bueckers. And lastly, the Huskies have one of the highest adjusted margins of victory per Her Hoop Stats: +44.2, third-best in the country.
“We know that we’re not picked to win it. We’re not favored in any bracket really this year, so we know that and we know we’re sort of the underdog in this situation, but sort of been embracing it,” Bueckers told reporters this week.
Well, Bueckers, you’re picked in this one. Don’t let us down.

Reaction Score
I picked them too. Connecticut has the largest margin of victory in its wins than any team in the country (over +31). If they can play tight defense and shoot well, they have a chance against anyone.
I always pick them to win it all. What’s the point of bothering to fill a bracket out otherwise?

Don’t worry, I know about gambling etc.

Reaction Score
I would say South Carolina against the field but UConn has as good a chance as any other team in the tournament. The one thing I think you will see in AE and Paige is they will elevate their games and a lot of players who haven't been in the tournament or play for teams who are new to the pressure of the tournament will struggle.

Reaction Score
I would say South Carolina against the field but UConn has as good a chance as any other team in the tournament. The one thing I think you will see in AE and Paige is they will elevate their games and a lot of players who haven't been in the tournament or play for teams who are new to the pressure of the tournament will struggle.
Uconn has as good a chance to win it all as any other team with the way Uconn is playing now. With Paige, Aaliyah, Ashlynn, KK and Nika , and the emergene of Ice and Qadence, the team can compete. and with the history of Uconn BB, winning is not only possible, but probable. Ashlynn and KK are now molded into the Huskie starting five and Ice is another Aaliyah in waiting.Their baptism of fire was the BE tournament and they came out on fire. GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Geno used the BET to prove to the team that they can play 40 minutes of "in your face" defense and still be fresh enough to run the offense. They played 3 days in a row and even Ice went 40 minutes in the last 2 games. If UConn plays that D for the entire game they can compete with anybody. However, as in the 5 losses, it was their shooting % that lost the games. I believe the D can happen, but the shooting % is more of a question mark. UConn now has 2 players that can score 20 or more and 3-4 others who can score 12-15 on a good day. That's what it will take to win in the elite 8 and beyond. Of course they have it in them. Now they have to DO IT !!
Go UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom