Was Aresco hired to negotiate the surrender of the Big East? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Was Aresco hired to negotiate the surrender of the Big East?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The name "Big East" is a punch line at this point.

If the junior varsity wants to buy it and spend the rest of their existence seeing Big Least in print, let 'em.

As for MSG - they're a free agent. The Big Ten and ACC will knock the C7 into Brooklyn or Philly or DC whenever they decide to.

You trust Aresco to come up with a better name?

I have to say, I don't.

I expect something like Yankees, Cowboys, & Rebels

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Let the C-7 keep the name.

New Name? I nominate Road Kill. The Road Kill Conference.
And we use Purple Footballs and Basketballs

At half time we use Monster Trucks to run over ACC mascots. Then we have a 100-lap modified race at the new East Hartford Race Track surrounding the stadium

Reaction Score
You guys prefer a new name that nobody has ever heard of to Big East? You have really given up. At least 80% of sports fans are very casual fans and know the name. We will now be a member of the "never heard of it conference". Great, just another kick in the nuts.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Let the C-7 keep the name.

New Name? I nominate Road Kill. The Road Kill Conference.
And we use Purple Footballs and Basketballs

At half time we use Monster Trucks to run over ACC mascots.

Why aren't you our new AD already?

Reaction Score
If that's true...then why give up the name?

Also hilarious is the idea of the C7 filling MSG. They'd struggle just as much as the remaining/incoming teams. I have never seen a DePaul or Providence fan in the many years I have gone. I can count the Nova fans on one hand.

I'm just kind of stunned that the guy would let his conference name go. I mean, WTF, it's a historic brand. You're going to let teams quit the conference and then TAKE YOUR NAME ? Who hired this guy?

Reaction Score
I'm just kind of stunned that the guy would let his conference name go. I mean, WTF, it's a historic brand. You're going to let teams quit the conference and then TAKE YOUR NAME ? Who hired this guy?

Damaged, ridiculed, mocked conference name...

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The Big East wasn't a name. IT WAS THE TEAMS THAT PLAYED UNDER THE NAME. The Big East will never, ever mean the same thing for me. It has become the thing of memories forever.

Reaction Score
The Big East was a valuable brand name for Basketball but a punch line for Football. Now that we're in a football first conference a new name will actually help us. I say get some $$$ for it and move on.

Reaction Score
UConn only tried to leave after Syracuse and Pitt left. They worked their aes off to keep this conference together, especially after the initial raid.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
After all UConn has done on the field and court it is just amazing that we are being hung out to dry like this with no allies. What happened?

I'm pretty sure that Jonathan boned every school President's spouse. Doggystyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom